Slay the spire is very unsatisfactory. There's too little tactics and too much rng...

Slay the spire is very unsatisfactory. There's too little tactics and too much rng. So much so You can't reliably do any good builds in most of games. The game is very rough about health and healing, playing in a way You're supposed to loose as little as possible, but in every single run, no matter what character You're playing, there will be fights that are guarantee to take a toll on Your hp, just because You have no ways to stop it. The game actively discourages taking risks in random events, as any negative outcome basically throws Your run. BUT at the same time, if You don't take these risks, You will be so much weaker, You'll likely fail on the next boss.
Half of the games bosses are absolutely overpowered, making sure You won't pass second or third stage's boss unless You have one of these elusive perfect runs. The game is overall... very poorly balanced. Not at all polished.

Attached: Slay_the_spire_cover.jpg (290x344, 87.45K)

Doesn't help that some of the classes suck shit. Ironclad and Silent are ass compared to Defect and Watcher. Randomness is a common roguelike theme, so RNG buttfuckings are pretty standard.

i feel the same. got memed into buying this boring game. theres just something very unsatisfying about it.

>Ironclad and Silent are ass compared to Defect
And opinion discarded.
Watcher > Silent > Ironclad > Defect
Get good shitter

>I don't like thing
ok

the true ranking is
watcher > ironclad/defect > silent

>can't reliably do good builds
>meanwhile there are people who do A20 streaks
user, you're just bad, I don't know what else to say.
>being risky for power is bad because one bad event can end the run
That's not true and because you can't deal with the consequences, you can't become stronger.
Idk, try to think about what cards would work together and make builds that only use those cards.
Also, idk why you like Defect, that class sucks.

>too much rng
It's
*clap*
a
*clap*
deck
*clap*
building
*clap*
game

>ITT: salty niggas gettin filtered on a non ascension run

lmao

>There's too little tactics and too much rng
You're just playing badly, I'm not saying that just to be gratuitously mean, that's just a fact, go watch more Jorbs.

>Jorbs
This a a Baalorlord board friend, that little basedboy can fuck off.

>Jorbs
i cant stand him. awful awful personality. he just reeks of narcissism.

Ring of Pain > Monster Train > Slay the Spire

yeah there's RNG.. but why are you playing a roguelite at its highest difficulty if you can't deal with RNG..
personally i find the error of stuff outside my control to be acceptable, but if it's not then just mod it out or play something else, who cares

The actual rating is
watcher > ironchad > silent > robot
Based on winrates of the best players in the world.

>at its highest difficulty
OP is probably playing A0, no one who reached A20 would claim that stupid shit.

well in that case the bitching isn't even worth listening to, my mom's dog could beat A0 80% of the time

Slay the Spire/Monster Train > a hot steamy pile of dog fecal matter > ring of freddys lookalike

The game is most fun at A10, does Any Forums disagree?

>Ironclad and silent are ass
> Defect and watcher are good

How is it possible to be this wrong?

> You can't reliably do any good builds in most of games

Git gud. Unless you play on the higher ascensions, it is basically impossible to lose if you know what you are doing

i fully agree, you probably already have pretty much all cards and relics by that point so the next pahse is just min maxing and finding the meta way of winning. I'm at A11 with defect but don't feel as compelled to reach A20 as I was reaching A10 for the first time

I mean, some players can consistently beat A20.

> go watch more youtube videos
No thanks, faggot. I like playing games, not watching other people play them.

>You can't reliably do any good builds in most of games
He's probably the kind of idiot who decides from the start he's "gonna go strenght" or "gonna go block", or "gonna go shivs" and ignoring anything that doesn't fit instead of adapting to what he's about to face.

If you want to learn the game, watch Lifecoach. He analyzes at length every tiniest decision and also his plays during battles, while Baalor just gives very perfunctory explanations of why he chose A over B and rushes through battles most of the time.

Forced to respect him as a player because of exceptional play but god his personality is grating

If you're OP I doubt you have the intellectual flexibility to learn and progress by yourself.

Think I remember some guy called Rhapsody or something like that doing A20 runs. Not sure if he still does them.

A15 was the highest intended difficulty before they decided to appease the more hardcore crowd, so i'd go for that
i like A20 though

It's just A20 for me, I just like how strict it is.

I'm not OP. I beat it on my first try because the game is all RNG and I got lucky. What's even the point of continuing to play after that?

Higher difficulties will force you to play well if you want to win.
>inb4 no it's all rng
A good player will win an A20 run more than half the time, a bad player will never win one, anyone denying the importance of skill in this game is either an idiot or arguing in bad faith.