> Shitty checkpoint exists that requires 15 minutes to run to boss
> Die to boss
> Restart, waste 15 minutes... No wait
> Checkpoint now disabled because MUH LORE MUH STORY
> Have to use WORSE checkpoint that takes 20 minutes to boss

Git gud?
More like git time.

This game isn't difficult.
This game just converts 10 minute challenges into 60 minute bullshit.

Attached: Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg (220x284, 25.29K)

elden ring sounds right up your alley then

wait until you start Nioh 2

Good news user, there's a new game coming out for retards like you called Elden Ring.

maybe play the game before you post your shit opinions

> "Heh, good checkpoint systems are for retards"
Go back

Attached: RedditSouls.png (718x464, 57.68K)

blighttown has a bonfire less than three minutes away from the boss. try to explore the area first so you find its checkpoint in case you die to the boss, that way you don’t have to run back from another area

No you're just shit.

If the game isn’t difficult why are you dying to bosses repeatedly?

Just play a good game that respects the player's time and encourages practice and mastery instead of handing out awards for time wasted

The walk-up to the boss is part of the boss

Pretty sure the Sewer Bonfire is like a minute run from Quelaag, with easy to avoid enemies and it never goes out, so what the fuck are you babbling about?

why did you die? I don't understand just dont die man. Why would you make the game harder on yourself?

Shortcuts exist, there's a bonfire 30 seconds from Quelaag with no enemies in between... Is this what we do now? Get people who never played Souls games to shitpost with a few buzzwords and a picture? Here's a (you) I guess.

there's a bonfire on the bottom floor in a pipe that's close to her boss arena, the game isn't too unfair with bonfires. real examples would be: if you die before you get to a new bonfire after Firelink gets Lautrec'd that sucks because it bumps you way back into Blighttown and the forest/Sen's Fortress have hidden bonfires that make the area way harder if you don't spot them.

>I’m shit
You’re fighting a losing battle here bc the game is easy and you’re whining about it being hard for you, like it or not you look like a faggot rn

Miyazaki has LITERALLY said the game is going to be easier. Cope harder.

Attached: file.png (965x210, 59.81K)

It's not hard.
Ninja Gaiden Black had me retrying bosses dozens of times until I got their attack pattern down.

Dark Souls has bosses that have three patterns, but dying to them wastes so much time that I am tired after two retries.

blighttown and getting a look from under the bridge is the point for me when i really appreciated this game
dare i say, kino moment

Soulstards prize themselves on the amount of time wasted because the combat itself requires no mechanical skill or intelligence. The bosses are designed to troll you so you die a couple of times and waste time, which ultimately is intended to make you feel like you achieved something. If you took the time wasting away, the whole Souls delusion would fall apart

>man I could really use some (You)s right now
>I'll just make a thread bashing thr greatest game of all time heh that'll do it

Attached: 1636427566864m.jpg (848x1024, 78.52K)

I beat the spider bitch but before that I had to use a guide because the frogs reduced by health by half. So I had to go all the way to the sunken city to cure it with some bullshit, just so I could kill the gaping dragon on the first try. Fuck this game. Don’t get me started on the retarded fire giant that’s unbeatable unless you hide in the crevasse. His attacks take up the entire screen. They intentionally made this game to piss people off with artificial difficulty

Soulstards in action.
Complain about the checkpoint system that is literally worse than many NES games from the 80s, and you're called a tranny.

If you want to feel proud of yourselves for wasting time, at least play an MMORPG or something.

>The bosses are designed to troll you so you die a couple of times and waste time
>IM NOT BAD THE BOSSES ARE JUST TROLLING ME
Cope: the post

So you admit the game is made to waste your time, not challenge you in developing muscle memory and skill?

Good. I agree.

see

Glad Dark Souls 3 completely fixed all this shit. DS1 will always be an overrated mess propped by emotional nostalgia. Sorry but true desu

It's crazy to think it took From 5 fucking games to fix this shit. It took them until Sekiro to finally realise that there's a difference between an enjoyable challenge and wasting the player's time in a flimsy attempt to pad out the game's length. It's objectively bad game design. The worst part is the fanboys still don't understand even after Sekiro (because most of them got filtered by it). They think wasting a bunch of time running past enemies and riding elevators just to get back to the boss arena is "challenging". Difficulty =/= pointless tedium.

Do yourself a favour OP. Never play Bloodborne. Not only is it one of them most overrated video games of all time, it wastes your time even more than the Souls series does when it comes to rematching a boss that just killed you.

You forgot my post retard-kun

i got cursed on my first playthrough too but i actually go through shop's inventory so i knew the guy with his arms outstretched after the gargoyles sold an item that cured it. curse is one of the most based mechanics seeing the cursed statues around is the best, Dark Souls just letting things like toxic and curse and needing items to hit ghosts mechanics like that I really appreciate makes it feel more oldschool

I actually platinum'd Bloodborne and beat Nioh.
Dark Souls is the only shit experience I've had in this genre.

you're exaggerating a bit but ds1 has the shittiest runbacks in the series
thats why a lot of people lose interest after o&s
cause seath, nito, and bed have such tedious long and frustrating runbacks

This. Imagine playing a Dark Souls game but instead of having to waste 10 minutes of your life running back to the boss arena every time you die, it just lets you respawn right outside the fog gate. Even if it was your first time playing it, you'd plow through the game in 8 hours and have no idea why anyone would ever think the series is hard.

Not worth mentioning.
The game isn't Mario-easy, but if I had a retry button I think I could have beaten most bosses so far in 3-5 retries.
Ninja Gaiden Black had a retry button and it took me 32 retries to beat the ghost samurai.

Hahaha imagine being this fucking retarded.
>t... the game isn't hard!!
Then why are you complaining about how often you have to retrace your steps? Stop dying you little faggot, or maybe the game is too hard for you.

>So you admit the game is made to waste your time
Every game you play is investing time that could be invested in more productive activities, so lets go with yes.
>not challenge you in developing muscle memory and skill?
It does, you're just doing some wack ass mental gymnastics to justify that you're not bad at the game and its the game itself.

>frozen outskirts
>the run to sir alonne
>the run to ancient dragon
dark souls 2 is far more punishing

>blighttown
>long death run
????

Find the bonfire.

Here we go with the braindead "gaming is a waste of time" argument.
Yes, but having to waste 20-30 minutes to retry a boss is more of a waste of time than allowing you to retry them right away.
I hope you can understand the logic here.

people throw around things like "10 minutes" way too much they'd probably say the run back to Manus' room is 10 minutes and not the minute it really is, putting a bonfire outside all the fog gates would be fine but most people don't have any problem running back to the boss being able to run around mobs is a valuable skill