Plenty of shitty Vietnam vidya

>plenty of shitty Vietnam vidya
>absolutely no videogames about the Soviet-Afghan war
name a greater injustice
MGS5 doesn't count

Attached: soviet-paratrooper-in-afghanistan-during-the-soviet-afghan-war-RWDFF2.jpg (866x1390, 132.33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/12480
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Truth_About_9th_Company
hisgames.org/the-truth-about-the-ninth-company
battlefront.com/soviet-afghan-war/cm-afghanistan/
store.steampowered.com/app/286280/Steel_Armor_Blaze_of_War/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Who gives a fuck about Russians?

Americans, unironically.
not even russians give a fuck about other russians

9th company had 2 video games about it, one RTS based on the movie, the other FPS based on the historical event.
then you have Combat mission, wich has a main campaign about the soviet-afghan war but it's a simulator RTS and really clunky

This.
Живитe, блять, cвoeй жизнью.

>durrrrrrrrr no video games about this thing
>there's usually at least half a dozen
Name a more retarded thread concept.

this is what I both like and dislike about you people
But still it would be nice to see a game about the afghanistan war

how many of them are actually good games that I can pick up and play?
point is - this conflict doesn't have a lot of vidya representation and most of it is jank
post some links, user

>shitty
You have dogshit taste.

>Still no vidya set during The Troubles.

Attached: troubles.jpg (609x286, 47.54K)

most vietnam vidya is pretty fucking bad. don't tell me vietnam cod clone #234 is actually a hidden gem.

isn't Chameleon (2005) set during that period?

fpbp

Attached: army.png (518x496, 382.36K)

There was a few alright games (Shooter and RTS) but i forgot it's names.
Also this.

Americans put a lot of effort into "reclaiming" the Vietnam war, reassessing it, aligning it's existence and it's failure with the general american consciousness.
Russians on the other hand are pretty comfortable in accepting that Afghan was a useless war that existed for no real reason and resulted in total failure.

No, it has its opening mission set in Belfast during the period as a backdrop for that mission but the game itself is not based on it

Funny how that works in both ways

9th company - root of terror ( based on the movie )
store.steampowered.com/app/12480
the truth about 9th company ( FPS game based on the real events )
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Truth_About_9th_Company
i haven't found a single download link but this, i haven't download it so don't thrust it 100%
hisgames.org/the-truth-about-the-ninth-company

Combat mission soviet afghan war
battlefront.com/soviet-afghan-war/cm-afghanistan/
and also a tank sim made by the famous Graviteam tactics devellopers
store.steampowered.com/app/286280/Steel_Armor_Blaze_of_War/
contain a small campaign about the soviet afghan war and other campaign in SA and Irak-Iran war

No we don't lol. You're confusing us with that "government" over in DC. That's like saying Europeans care about Somalis because Mutti does.

Combat Mission: Afghanistan

Enjoy.

do you have link for 9th company game?
I can't even find it in torrents

No we don't. We just dislike how foreigners like to claim we were defeated militarily despite the fact that we weren't. We did fail in our objective to prop up the southern vietnamese, but we didn't lose in the practical sense. So yes, it was a failure, but we weren't beaten, we had to withdraw because of decisions at home. Afghanistan was a complete shitshow and we shouldn't have been there in the first place. Occupation isn't conquest and the provisional government was so corrupt that nothing we could do would last. The withdrawal was so bad that biden should be tried for impeachment. He basically gave the taliban a military.

the RTS ? i've only found it on steam for the FPS i haven't made any research so i don't have anything either

MGS V, duh

There's a level in Black Ops 2 about it, has you fighting the Soviets alongside the Mujahideen.

Attached: Meeting_with_Zhao_Old_Wounds_BOII.png (1920x1080, 3.32M)

If you want to know how far your kill count will get you just ask Nazi Germany.
Vietnam was a collosal failure and I'm tired of people claiming it was anything but that.