There was absolutely no reason for this thing to fail

There was absolutely no reason for this thing to fail

Attached: Dreamcast-set-orange.png (1700x1000, 1.95M)

it deserved to fail just for that awful controller

the console itself wasn't bad it was sega that was dying internally

Sorry but it got absolutely destroyed by Sony Playstation 2, Microsoft Xbox and Nintendo Gamecube

PS2

Dreamcast is a cool fucking name and the aesthetics on that thing are fucking lovely

Sega bootlickers are mentally ill lol

Attached: 1643571672311.png (938x537, 244.36K)

I had one and the problem was no games. Apart from Soul Calibur, Crazy Taxi and Code: Veronica, there was nothing else worth of note in the system.
Fake news, the controller was the best for the time.

more competition would definitely have done a lot of good in the long run. contemporary console manufacturers have formed a mafia where they all agree to push anti-consumer features and because they all do it console players can’t escape them by switching platforms. paid online, subscription services, expensive games, limited backwards compatibility and limited emulation are all pushed by the big three

they should have went with the DVD drive that they originally planned on doing. The GD-ROM may have been cheaper but piracy quickly gobbled up any profits using that media. Also at the time there was a severe lack of trust in SEGA from a consumer standpoint after the lack luster Genesis add-ons and the dropping of the Saturn in the west like a hot potato.

So you had 2 major factors that caused people to just wait for the PS2.

PS2 was right around the corner and that DVD drive really pushed the console out the door along with the customer base that had faith the company would deliver an amazing system as the first one was.

Sega was already fucked long before they released this. It never stood a chance.

Wha the fuck happened at 26 of January?

The VMU was and still is a really cool idea. I agree that the wire coming out the bottom and then having a fucking notch in the plastic to make it go the right way was absolutely retarded though.

Things don't need a reason to fail

No Dvd player

well maybe if sega didn't kill everyone's faith in them with the 32x and the saturn it wouldn't of fucking failed

Worst d-pad of all time but the rest of the controller was super comfortable.

The PS2 mauled it to its grave, while also bitchslapped Shitendo's meme cube. It was a impossible scenario.

maintenance

It was competing with PS2. Stood no chance.
In today's environment a Dreamcast 2 with even half the quality of its predecessor would dominate the market, though.

>no games
lol

These are the answers

It was easy to pirate games for it.

>PS2 killed Dreamcast
The fate of the Dreamcast is even sadder really, because outside Japan PS2 and Dreamcast were barely even out at the same time before Sega threw in the towel. What happen was Sony was the master of spreading fake news bullshit.
Pressure sensitive buttons were sold to the public as Nasa tier virtual reality. PS2 was allegedly so powerful Saddam Hussein's Iraq wanted to acquire them for WMD R&D. The public ate all of this up and decided to wait for PS2 and that was really it for the Dreamcast.

>got raped by sony so hard that 20 years later they are still sony's bitch
Lol

There are two:
1. (((Snoy)))’s dirty tricks.
2. NA management’s corporate sabotage

I still need to get one

Lol
But i liked it too
The weight and contours

It was too based for this world.
I will never forgive what the snoys took from us