Why does anybody think anything but the simplest indie games will be playable on this thing...

Why does anybody think anything but the simplest indie games will be playable on this thing? Its gpu is somewhere between a gtx 1030 and a 1050 and it's running every game on linux through a compatibility layer. Even games from 10 years ago aren't going to run well on it.

Attached: Image_from_iOS.0.jpg (1200x800, 75.68K)

New games will be nerfed to run on it

Give me an alternative for 400.

>let's ignore every video of modern AAA games running well on it
weird thread dude

The nintendo switch. Its games are highly optimized to run on it.

1280x7200 screen

Ryzen 3600 CPU + custom RDNA2 iGPU

most pc games have graphics options that let you turn stuff off so you can run them on older hardware. games will look & run like ports do on the switch.

why did he post an image of steam deck?

>Image_from_iOS.0
do you even own a computer that can play games cringelord

>The nintendo switch. Its games are highly optimized to run on it.

Attached: switch.png (1274x1300, 1.37M)

it's already shown to run big games tho.

a 1050 i more than capable of running modern games at 800p, the deck target resolution.
also, the deck is far more powerful than a 1050
you ain't getting my place in the line
eat shit

No games I don't play any Nintendo franchise.

if by "highly optimized" you mean they just turn off all the features the are computationally expensive, then yes. the steam deck will be just like the nintendo switch, except with steam

>Smaller pool of games
>Everything is expensive
>Paid online
>considerably worse hardware
Nobody can convince me these Switchfags aren't shitposters.

Attached: 1635477011034.webm (768x432, 2.73M)

They will run worse at the same graphics settings because they're running on a full desktop operating system with lots of unnecessary overhead and a compatibility layer that slows everything down. Not to mention that x86 cpus are far less efficient at low tdp than arm.

>800p, 30fps
Are we tendies now?

but I saw it working fine on YouTube though

Connect to tv anything before 2017 will run at 1080p

>the deck is far more powerful than a 1050
No it isn't. It's worse in both memory bandwidth and tflops.

Truly, the Future of pc gaming

that argument might have made sense 20 years ago but basically every console these days is running a full desktop operating system. there really isn't that much overhead there. the compatibility layer, idk. wine worked all right last time i used it but that was probably 10 years ago, not sure how it holds up these days. probably hasn't gotten worse...