To my knowledge...

>To my knowledge, no one in or out of the field has ever been able to cite a game worthy of comparison with the great dramatists, poets, filmmakers, novelists and composers. That a game can aspire to artistic importance as a visual experience, I accept. But for most gamers, video games represent a loss of those precious hours we have available to make ourselves more cultured, civilized and empathetic.

Quentin Tarantino

Is he right Any Forums? Are video games not art?

Attached: 2503E1A3-1D9A-4D8E-82A1-0928E59F53CF.jpg (1242x1709, 932.42K)

Hes a dirty jew that doesnt want to lose his job to real kino, dont care what he says

Who actually said this

I'm going to bump just to see who actually buys this and starts shitting on Quentin not because he's a shitty filmmaker (he is) but because they're that insecure about their hobby

roger ebert said that, and does it really matter if vidya is art or not? art today is bottom of the barrel.

This is a quote from a FILM CRITIC, a literal who, named Roger Ebert.

NIGGER

Wait a second, how could he say that when he was too busy sucking on little girl's toes?

Everyone knows the Roger Ebert quote OP
Try again

Yes, I feel more cultured, civilized and empathetic when I watch that scene about Madonna taking a big dick, or the various foot fetish scenes.

The older I get, the more I realize how much of the world is just retards engaging in self aggrandizement, and talking out of their ass.

Were stage play critics adverse to movies when they became a thing?

>not because he's a shitty filmmaker (he is)

Attached: 1610072788518.gif (379x387, 70.81K)

They were

Quentin is famous for making these bold quotes. Don't put too much stake into them.

Attached: 1640840128048_0.png (616x625, 368.46K)

All that matters in life is that you maximized your joy, and minimized your suffering, understanding that most won't own yachts and harems of models. If watching movies, playing games, or whatever else it is makes you happy, then it's as worthwhile as anything else.

I am at maximum joy when I am killing people and eating their thumbs

yeah I was way more cultured, civilized and empathetic after watching Tarantino. Stick to defending child rapists and bending over for the Jew, Quentin.

Then you'll be in competition with others who don't want to die, or don't want you to kill, and will eventually kill or cage you. So then it's a question if your brief joy outweighs the long misery, or the short life. Maybe it does.

This is probably meant to be a gotcha, but even in this scenario, the best way to live is to try and be as happy as you can, as often as you can. Nothing else makes sense.

>he doesn’t have screencapture pro unlimited omega plus
LMAOing my ass off at your ridiculous life

I literally do not give a shit if people think games are "art" or not. Least of all Limousine Liberals.

Besides, we don't need anyone to tell us if something is art or not.

Attached: weird ryu art.jpg (1714x2578, 2.92M)

Quentin obviously never played Death Stranding.

Art is whatever you make of it, its value is in the eye of the beholder.
Just look at the trash modern art museums display. Is that shit actually art?
Oh, and people obsessed with looking "cultured" are insufferable and tend to be pretentious.

This. Fuck uppity snobs looking down on my preferred medium of entertainment, I'm in this to enjoy myself.

Cool it with the antisemitism guys, not cool, not cool

They weren't a story telling medium intially and it's been a gradual process to turn them into movies. They'll get there eventually
Im trying to think of the purest experience from every genre but data is limited and tech issues abound
iunno
I wanna put shit like that cause jokes and rage caused issues before and now im in quadruple guess everything i say mode in case i step on a toe or one of those big ass toes that you just can jussssst avoid but takes gamer reflexes to pull it off properly

Why the fuck would i listen to what a dumb footfag has to say about my hobby?

some faggot named Roger Ebert
not even filmaker just a movie critic

OH IT SHOWS QUENTIN IT SHOWS
also, videogames arent art. But they are more fucking fun and engaging than regular art

Those views are usually from people who don't even play video games in the first place. Do you think their opinion on the hobby is worth trusting?

>e-bros why haven't you surpassed a 5000 year old medium yet

also
>casual grouping in filmmakers and poets with the rest

Attached: 1638557550839.webm (1280x720, 1.07M)

Quentin really doesn’t have any credibility after the child molestation allegations.

You probably had some snob say the same thing about film when it was first invented.
It's a new medium, and new thing = bad to the older generations without fail.