The Steam Deck will fail

30 days until Any Forums is full of rage from the decks owners how their shit hardware is garbage.

From a win PC gamer and Linux on the desktop user and linux fanatic consider this:
Proton is shit, proton is imperfect windows emulation proton introduces errors.

From the fav valve shill website:
protondb.com/app/377160
FALLOUT 4 !

>make sure you turn off vSync or you will probaly have major frame drop
LOL. This is GOLD quality for you !

>Used these launch options (as suggested by other contributors) to get menu and in-game sounds to work: WINEDLLOVERRIDES="xaudio2_7=n,b" PROTON_NO_ESYNC=1 %command%

>It happens that for me, on the same hardware and Proton version, these same launch options solved the same issues for Skyrim: Special Edition.

Translation:
>Hey everyone proton is so shit that it does literally not come with these launch options by default !
>Simply search retarded websites like protondb to copy past them manually

Ah yes PROTON everyone ! Valve truly cares.

>There was an insane amount of tearing after disabling VSYNC, it was very odd and unnatural. I remedied this by changing some settings in my nvidia drivers. I enabled 'force composition pipeline' which resolved my issues.
While YES ! I love to dick around with nvidia drivers to make my game not have visual glitches and not play it how did you know ?

Attached: R.jpg (970x610, 82.96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

protondb.com/app/377160
protondb.com/app/12100
arch.b4k.co/v/thread/586952126/
youtu.be/CNRXNIwUGLg
youtu.be/Rlg4K16ujFw
youtube.com/watch?v=ViCA--Wi26s&t=1s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

protondb.com/app/377160
FALLOUT 4 !

>I faced problems with my DEs VSYNC overlapping with the game's VSYNC. I was getting frame rates of around 37 FPS because my monitor is 75 hz.
> /home/(YOUR USERNAME)/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/compatdata/377160/pfx/drive_c/users/steamuser/Documents/My Games/Fallout4
>After this it is essential to cap the frame rate as the game physics is tied together, this can be done by using the following launch option: DXVK_FRAME_RATE=(YOUR REFRESH RATE) %command%
>Make sure that it is set to your refresh rate for the most optimum experience.

>the game wouldn't run, nor would it run with just the launch options and any other version of Proton. Also did not work without either of them. All instances were it did not run meant that I could get to the initial start screen, and then it would quit.

> the game was not full-screen, but to be fair I have a weird screen resolution and I don't think I adjusted it. Regardless, I actually liked the smaller screen as I find it otherwise difficult to access my sound or to quit games, but YMM
Speaking like a cück. The forced window mode is not bad I prefer it this way !

And I'm the linux fanboy telling you all of this. Anyone who thinks the Deck is not a colossal failure is delusional !

>gta 3
From
protondb.com/app/12100

>The game crashed when completing the last mission (before the cutscene). The only way I could fix it was by copying the Linux executable of the re3 mod to the game's directory in steamapps and launch it from there, which means you are not shown on Steam as playing the game (see re3 installation instructions for more details).

>I copied the files from the Windows version of the GTA re3 mod (the one that was taken down by Rockstar) into the game directory. Steam couldn't launch the game if I copied the Linux version.

>Crackling in menus, seems fine in-game?

>Black screen, can only hear the game.

>The game laggs a lot with fps lock on, but runs without problem after turning it off.

>I managed to play it on Proton 5.0-10. For some reason, I have to left click twice in the black screen to proceed to the main menu. In newer Proton versions I can hear the intro videos sounds and music playing, but nothing is show on screen. The same occurs in the main menu, I can hear the main menu options being highlighted, but nothing is displayed, and I couldn’t find a way to fix it.

GOLD QUALITY everyone !

The absolute cope.

You literally just made this thread , stop malding
arch.b4k.co/v/thread/586952126/

>The absolute cope.
Yes valve bots are in cope mode.
Literally no one who knows anything about linux or proton is seeing this as a good idea.
youtu.be/CNRXNIwUGLg
youtu.be/Rlg4K16ujFw

>Nooo Obey the jannies !
>Stop posting facts ! REEEE
How many valve shills or bots are jannies?

I cant believe the steamdeck is mindbreaking you into a schizo

Attached: 1638246726424.png (716x440, 231.42K)

30 days and we see how Any Forums will have meltdowns and rage how shit the steam deck is.

It is over steam deck shills. Enjoy your last days of pro steam deck shilling.

ok ill just install windows on it
they said you can install any OS you want on it

>ok ill just install windows on it
And I'm sure there will be no problems with that. NOT !
>ok ill just install windows on it
And this ensures that there will never be a steam deck 2.

Valve wants to get off windows (only is retarded as fuck) and them seeing that 99.99% of deck users install windows on it will make them abandon this hardware.

Valve is not interested in making hardware for windows mobile gaming.

Dont worry faggot even if it is good I can definitely expect you to continue to make threads about it after the fact. You'll point to smaller nitpicked problems and make mountains out of molehills. When I call you a schizo it's because I know for a fact youre one of those obsessive mentally ill freaks that will never admit to being wrong and will continue to obsess and rage over something completely insignificant.

Attached: 1635866086314.jpg (713x840, 536.44K)

Cope harder after 5 years this shit will be removed. Can not wait for theo ther cope of you telling
>NOOO This is nothing like the steam machine ! it is
Only it will be
>NOOO This is nothing like the steam deck ! it is

It is over.

Why's OP posting stuff from people with Nvidia hardware? Deck uses the open source AMD drivers.

Plus Valve are being pretty strict with their own ratings for the Deck. ProtonDB is a user site and isn't really affiliated with Valve. Tons of games that are gold or platinum on ProtonDB because of reports from users running ProtonGE will be listed unsupported by Valve unless the devs make changes for Deck support. It sounds like a lot of devs are doing just that.

Seethe harder, Frenchie.

Attached: 1621115104097.png (785x757, 7.66K)

>them seeing that 99.99% of deck users install windows on it will make them abandon this hardware.
The vast majority of users just use whatever came on the computer. Whole reason Windows is still as popular as they are within their small niche of the market. Its only been recently that mainstream PCs with other OSes pre-installed have started to take off.
Can't see many people going that way either with the exclusive AMD drivers and Proton rapidly seeming like its going to take over as the preferred win32.
Microsoft has been pretty open about win32 being a deprecated legacy API they're trying to deprecate and remove. Same thing that happened with DOS twenty years ago.

I just got one of these. Not waiting like a year for some linux shit, fuck valve.

Attached: GPD.jpg (1742x661, 139.72K)

>The vast majority of users just use whatever came on the computer.
So have fun not having games and game crashes.
>Proton rapidly seeming like its going to take over as the preferred win32.
You are beyond delusional you literally need to ignore protondb and winedb and literally wine devs to say this.

>Microsoft has been pretty open about win32 being a deprecated legacy API they're trying to deprecate and remove.
Because MS making up their new API that wine will need to re-implement like crazy or new game does not work is so good for proton .... NOT.

I'm sure there is something more stupid someone can say however I doubt anyone will see it in anyone's lifetime. You reached peak retardation congratulation !

Attached: 200w.gif (200x235, 690.99K)

are you retarded? lmao

I'm buying it anyway.

The absolute state of valve shills.
30 more days to see Any Forums hate on the deck.
Enjoy the shilling wile you can bros !

Do you also like not playing games and have crashes and glitches in your games ?
Then the deck is perfect for you !

>30 more days
>implying they don't delay it again
SteamOS 3.0 still isn't ready.

>SteamOS 3.0
Proton will never be ready it literally craps out on GTA 3 and fallout 3 in 2022 !
>fallout bad !
How about GTA 3 ? What are these magic games that you will play on this shit ?

HOLY SHIT
youtube.com/watch?v=ViCA--Wi26s&t=1s

This makes the deck look like a nigger by comparison

>word !

Why does op puts a space between exclamations and words?

All French people do that, they're self-absorbed freaks that can't comprehend the notion that grammatical rules differ from language to language.

Attached: 1611054563762.png (530x580, 315.45K)