Linux Gaming Enjoyers

What's your Distro of choice?
What games are you playing?

New to Linux gaming or curious about it?
>Pop!_OS
pop.system76.com/
>Arch Linux
archlinux.org/
>Ubuntu
ubuntu.com/
>Manjaro
manjaro.org/
>Mint
linuxmint.com/
>SUSE
suse.com/

>Can I game on Linux? Any Forums tells me it doesn't work.
youtube.com/watch?v=hCQDAXyNkCo

>Can I keep Windows? Someone called it "dual booting."
youtube.com/watch?v=EXZ7_DVxztQ&t=92s

>Can I do everything I could in Windows?
For most people. Yes.

Attached: Pop.png (1200x338, 475.61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/title/samba
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>been using linux since 2014
>still not retarded enough to play games on linux.
damn

I like Linux but
>>Can I do everything I could in Windows?
>For most people. Yes.
don't do this. The thread is just going to be derailed faster because people can call you a liar without even resorting to advanced mental gymnastics. This is a video game board, so "everything I could do in Windows" means games, and the video games that don't work on Linux yet are very relevant to a lot of the people here.

Linux can run pretty much all the games I personally like to play, which is why the Windows half of my dual-boot set up is pretty much never used anymore, but I'm not going to pretend I represent most people. I don't even play online games.

also this
thread is terrible OP
KYS
(sent from my fedora silverblue)

let me know when xorg is finally abandoned and adaptive sync can be practically used on multi monitor configurations.

Why? Almost my entire Steam library works perfectly fine. I'm not running 4k or 5 million frames, but my games play just fine. So do all my emulators.
And, my machine is pic related. Funny things I get MORE performance out of that hardware with Linux than I ever did with Windows.
I kept my Windows partition for "just in case" but I have yet to *need* it. Not for gaming, not for 3D printing, not for anything.
If MY shitty old system can game with it, I can't see how others can't.

Attached: system.png (990x682, 61.05K)

That's a good point.

>>Can I do everything I could in Windows?
>For most people. Yes.
Except for playing PS2 games
But don't worry, I'm sure this year will totally be the year of the linux desktop!

Attached: 1638273935340.jpg (1387x782, 271.05K)

>Why? Almost my entire Steam library works perfectly fine.
_Your_ entire steam library. exactly.
And most people want to play games that have kernel level DRM, that is the reality of the situation.

Not OP but last i checked Persona 4 Golden worked as long as you used protontricks to install the windows media player 12 codecs.
By the way can we talk about this? Why the fuck do the japanese release a game in 2020 that relied on Window media player codecs?
That thing was dead back in 2010.

>Except for playing PS2 games
???

Attached: MonHunPS2Emulated.png (1664x1078, 682.65K)

i was actually wrong it seems like as long as you use glorious eggroll it will work. It just needs to wait for like 5 minites on the first boot(i have no idea why, its probably compiling shaders)

Been using manjaro.
Thinking of switching to plain arch, since archinstall is a thing.
Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong with samba shares, and kinda need that to work so I can pass my PS2 rips folder to my modded ps2 over the network.

Attached: the sussy.png (500x314, 122.26K)

This may be a bit of a cheat but I run nixos and a Windows 10 VM runs on that with virtio passthrough for GPU nvme and usb
Works awesome

Yo this is fucking genius how have I not heard of it before.
Gonna do this myself now, thanks user

Wait, do you know how to set up Samba shares? Do you need to configure anything on the router?

Er.. samba is just a service; unless your network is really janky, or the devices are on different subnets, it should be okay.. but I'd have to go and read about it; if anything you might need to enable service discovery, no idea how the ps2 is supposed to work

>windows gaming with extra steps
why even bother?

>fedora silverblue
what's the point of that distro?

>What's your Distro of choice?
Mint
>What games are you playing?
The video kind

Attached: Super Galaxy Squadron EX Turbo | native | Linux Mint 20.3.png (1920x1080, 309.12K)

(not the guy you replied to)
the unix philosophy is to have many small tools, each doing one thing (hopefully, doing it well), and to use them to synthesize larger programs

windows is the game playing tool

>japanese game is best played with controller
>it doesn't bother hiding your mouse cursor
the japanese literally do not understand PC gaming

wiki.archlinux.org/title/samba
Did you read this and the man pages? I hate Samba and I wish everything used NFS instead.