Joined a Discord server of a game to make friends, exchange tips etc

>Joined a Discord server of a game to make friends, exchange tips etc.
>Server is populated by 3000 users, only like 40 are always present chatting about waifus, min-maxing, how they waste thousand of dollars in anime and game merchandise.
>Anime girl profile pictures, people roleplaying as girl 24/7.
>2 or 3 persons are nice and cool, they treat the rest of the discord like toddlers because they know that they are """"special"""" and feel bad about them.
>Everyone is easily offended, prone to rage, nobody talk to newcomers and people claim they are famous.
>People feed each other delusions about life, hygiene and start to complain that a 2 dollar Sushi from gas shop is good.

Holy fuck. Discord is bad, really bad, I didn't know the memes were true.

Attached: Discord Logo.png (360x360, 11.08K)

Video games?

wow they're just like us

youre not supposed to join big servers thats where modt cancer lives
having some private/small servers for some game/mod projects you like is where youll get the most of it

I feel so sorry for anons who are so socially alienated they don't know that people primarily stick to invite-only groups, and don't see discord as some sort of friend "matchmaker"

Big servers have to be avoided like the plague.

>NOOOOO YOU CAN'T JUST SPEND YOUR MONEY YOU'RE SUPPED TO HOARD IT AND BE BURRIED WITH IT
post nose

>public servers are trash
Holy shit how are you so smart user can I suck your dick

What you need to do is look for a discord game server that is mainly for pugs.
Play with lots of randoms and see if you like them.
Create your own discord server and invite the randoms you like.

Eventually it will implode or people will lose interest but you are bound to find 3 or 4 dudes you like.

I met all my friends through sea of thieves, we mostly play EU 4 now.

What? Who the fuck talked about money?

Thats discord for you yes all channels are like that and yes even private ones

>how they waste thousand of dollars in anime and game merchandise.

I haven't been in a discord server in 3 years, not even invite only ones. People seemingly hate my guts for one reason or another which leads to me getting banned/kicked out of everywhere I go. I still keep it downloaded, but since I have zero friends on both it and Steam, I can't help but question why.
Also >he doesn't think a 2 dollar Sushi from gas shop is good

Attached: white.png (274x274, 93.29K)

Oh alright, my bad. Thought that was some schizo bot rambling, kinda just skipped the weeb part of the OP.

Hey its like Any Forums.

>someone makes a small server
>its even more dead because its just the same 3 or 4 people in the clique talking and everyone else just lurks

It always amazes me that people haven't realized that the optimal Discord experience is just having a server of your friends. But this is Any Forums so you guys must not have actual friends eh?

top tier:
>friends made a server to talk together
worth joining tier:
>following/give feedback to a project with way to find multiplayer games for competitive or something that only does pier to pier
>small youtuber ("social" servers >100 people
>Any Forums "lets get together and do something" thing

Discord is only good for your circle of 3-4 irl friends to use as a group chat. You do have real friends right?

Attached: 1632955639659.jpg (500x500, 29.18K)

Where do you fall in this picture?

Attached: 1623022792722.jpg (1334x1402, 515.12K)

Yes, but they are normie who only play a bit on Steam and Xbox, still, we have our group chat.

>join random server with thousands of people
>cry because it's a too populated shitfest that you cant stand out in

DISCORD IS AWFUL!

tranny website retard. Or you didn't realize this at orientation?

I don't really know. I just "be myself" and apparently that leads to almost everyone I encounter absolutely despising me.

>god tier
ERP server

Don't worry, you will learn to get some self-awareness one day.

I don't think I really fit in any of these, but I had to pick, probably the 100 layer doomer without the irony?
More of the "always reading the chat but almost never writes and insult new people who ask the same dumb questions, telling them to use the search feature or to google for three seconds before asking and discuss lore for 3 hours".

>WAHHHH CARTOON TRIGGERS ME
people who shit their diapers at the sight of anime profile pictures are truly pathetic

Discord tranny detected. Kill yourself IMMEDIATELY.

Attached: 1643563695682.jpg (1011x1516, 110.25K)

I'm self-aware enough to know that people hate me on sight, I just don't know why.

Protip: Don't haphazardly type messages like a complete spaz and don't post shitty reaction image meme replies all the time. Most of the hate I've seen people get is usually from that

This guy gets it. We use it as a hub for /tg/ stuff half the time and a VC for playing vidya the other half. Works well enough for that.

Cropped female avatar pictures making the uwu face.