Leveling. fun. explorimg the world. frens. hehe

>leveling. fun. explorimg the world. frens. hehe
>I NEED TO REACH MAX LV TO START PLAYIN THE REAL FUCKING GAME
>MAN THIS TAKES TWEEEEENTY HOURS??? FUCKING DEVS WASTING MY TIME HOLY FUCK
>I WILL JUST BOOST
There will never be a good MMO ever because there is no MMO players left

Attached: 1643560911341.jpg (1920x1080, 1.91M)

>leveling. fun. explorimg the world. frens. hehe
>reach 60
>uninstall

Yes.

Sometimes I think I'm the only one who enjoys the level phase (especially games from 2005 or older) more than the endgame.
Modern MMORPGs have a high speed levelphase and only tiny endgame. Even XIV has not much to offer til endgame. Just endless cutscenes with bad written blah blah.

Attached: Chad_thief.jpg (303x469, 23.36K)

>Form guild with your friends
>Reach 60
>Recruit people for raids
>Funnel gear to yourselves

>raiding
yew

>every guild in an MMO now requires you to be in their shitty discord

when the majority of the fun content (read: all the epic raids) are geared towards max-level characters, and the game is designed to make lower-level characters feel like a gimped/underdeveloped version of high-level characters, of course it'll create a "i must grind up fast and reading quests too slow" mindset.
there is no good MMOs.

Players did this to themselves.
You did this to yourself.

Unironically what I did with WoW Classic. I could tell things would only get worse. Doesn't help that I leveled a priest and was just not having fun near the end.

Attached: 1642954927851.jpg (1024x576, 126.88K)

>guild requires socials to join discord
Not true. Hell, I'm a raider and I join voice and then leave the discord every raid night. I then delete the account and just remake it with the same email next day.
Discord is just a useful place to ping offline members, the first night Doomlord spawned it was like 2am server and I'm flying around Hellfire capping the towers-- boom, he's spawning.
I re-make my discord account, ping @everyone, and within 15minutes we had 60 people online. We then recruited from LFG, Trade chat, and other community discords to get 3+ full raid groups. 2 of which were auxiliary and were told to not touch Doomlord and merely keep the Alliance at bay.
It worked, Horde won the kill, and the next 2 spawns we had we worked with those same people to help them. I ended up Mind Controlling one of the Alliance main tanks and turned his back to Doomlord so he got crit and instakilled.

None of that would've been possible without discord. And this is coming from somebody that loathes it.

Players know it's shit they just don't why

I agree sadly, the dream is dead. People don't have the attention spans to play an MMO like the old days anymore. People also can't stand loss so you can't have full loot PVP in a persistent world anymore which is what made UO so good, it created drama and real stakes to combat. The combat was shit, but it felt more important than any arena/battleground garbage.
Modern MMOs, at endgame, become a gachashit game where you repeat the same raid over and over in hopes that you get the right drop, or muh tokens or whatever to turn in for gear. These aren't games for people who love digital worlds, they're games for people who have addictive personalities.
Social media and wikis also destroyed these games, the internet of like 1996-2006 was a unique time and place where you could actually enjoy exploring in the world. Now that shit is all mapped out, you just google or wiki and the solution to every quest, puzzle, etc is there.

I remember this shit when classic first launched and me and my bros were having a great time. One of them was playing 24-7 and wouldn't just log out until we could all play again. We got to 60 like 2 weeks before him and then promptly quit because sitting in a discord with 40 randoms was fucking terrible.

It's still amazing to me how many people actually believe in the "loot council" memes and can't see this is exactly what it is.

MMOs were a novelty product of their time (early 2000s) they will never be relevant again only mentally ill people continue to play these

That's what I did when I finished WotLK. What's the point of playing after you reached max level beat the game?

>kill the un-aggro'd Echeyakee that was summoned by another guy
>summoner complains that he has no summoning item now while fighting two regular lions
>use my own Echeyakee summon thing and watch it go for his ass
>leave while he erupts in barrens chat

Attached: 1600938733843.jpg (515x596, 28.61K)

>invite someone to guild
>kick them out 5 minute later

Attached: 1643379604952.jpg (1600x1600, 143.5K)

>guild fails Nigger test
>nothing lost

Classic really was a "you had to be there" for the first week or two where people that loved the leveling process were still around. Not only that, it showed the importance of having fresh new servers where everyone was starting from scratch.

You delete and remake a discord account every time you need to use it?
What fresh autism is this.

you don't know anything about grinds unless you play osrs

If a game sells you the option to skip parts of it that's all I need to know to stay away.

While that's true and classic was great it doesn't mean it's perfect. Blizzard should've taken classic and modernized it. It took them 2 years to do a fresh server with 20% xp increase. Briliant fucking company

LARPing as your from 20 years ago discovering the game for the first time when you've already been playing the game all these years is cringe as fuck

Attached: 163204192761.jpg (378x487, 69.22K)