The Steam Deck will fail

30 days until Any Forums is full of rage from the decks owners how their shit hardware is garbage.

From a win PC gamer and Linux on the desktop user and linux fanatic consider this:
Proton is shit, proton is imperfect windows emulation proton introduces errors.

From the fav valve shill website:
protondb.com/app/377160
FALLOUT 4 !

>make sure you turn off vSync or you will probaly have major frame drop
LOL. This is GOLD quality for you !

>Used these launch options (as suggested by other contributors) to get menu and in-game sounds to work: WINEDLLOVERRIDES="xaudio2_7=n,b" PROTON_NO_ESYNC=1 %command%

>It happens that for me, on the same hardware and Proton version, these same launch options solved the same issues for Skyrim: Special Edition.

Translation:
>Hey everyone proton is so shit that it does literally not come with these launch options by default !
>Simply search retarded websites like protondb to copy past them manually

Ah yes PROTON everyone ! Valve truly cares.

>There was an insane amount of tearing after disabling VSYNC, it was very odd and unnatural. I remedied this by changing some settings in my nvidia drivers. I enabled 'force composition pipeline' which resolved my issues.
While YES ! I love to dick around with nvidia drivers to make my game not have visual glitches and not play it how did you know ?

Attached: Steam deck Fail.png (300x300, 129.09K)

Other urls found in this thread:

protondb.com/app/377160
protondb.com/app/12100
letmegooglethat.com/?q=windows 11 requires tpm 2.0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You're mad because you didn't get one, ok.

>redditjak
Go back

Attached: 1643511993964.gif (540x304, 3.26M)

protondb.com/app/377160
FALLOUT 4 !

>I faced problems with my DEs VSYNC overlapping with the game's VSYNC. I was getting frame rates of around 37 FPS because my monitor is 75 hz.
> /home/(YOUR USERNAME)/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/compatdata/377160/pfx/drive_c/users/steamuser/Documents/My Games/Fallout4
>After this it is essential to cap the frame rate as the game physics is tied together, this can be done by using the following launch option: DXVK_FRAME_RATE=(YOUR REFRESH RATE) %command%
>Make sure that it is set to your refresh rate for the most optimum experience.

>the game wouldn't run, nor would it run with just the launch options and any other version of Proton. Also did not work without either of them. All instances were it did not run meant that I could get to the initial start screen, and then it would quit.

> the game was not full-screen, but to be fair I have a weird screen resolution and I don't think I adjusted it. Regardless, I actually liked the smaller screen as I find it otherwise difficult to access my sound or to quit games, but YMM
Speaking like a cück. The forced window mode is not bad I prefer it this way !

And I'm the linux fanboy telling you all of this. Anyone who thinks the Deck is not a colossal failure is delusional !

Attached: Vavle fags.jpg (300x168, 9.87K)

>gta 3
From
protondb.com/app/12100

>The game crashed when completing the last mission (before the cutscene). The only way I could fix it was by copying the Linux executable of the re3 mod to the game's directory in steamapps and launch it from there, which means you are not shown on Steam as playing the game (see re3 installation instructions for more details).

>I copied the files from the Windows version of the GTA re3 mod (the one that was taken down by Rockstar) into the game directory. Steam couldn't launch the game if I copied the Linux version.

>Crackling in menus, seems fine in-game?

>Black screen, can only hear the game.

>The game laggs a lot with fps lock on, but runs without problem after turning it off.

>I managed to play it on Proton 5.0-10. For some reason, I have to left click twice in the black screen to proceed to the main menu. In newer Proton versions I can hear the intro videos sounds and music playing, but nothing is show on screen. The same occurs in the main menu, I can hear the main menu options being highlighted, but nothing is displayed, and I couldn’t find a way to fix it.

GOLD QUALITY everyone !

Attached: lJMkp.png (1280x768, 842.82K)

Cope, tendie

I agree with your posts, but I hate you for using Wojak. Let that meme die already.

Any other replacement for the reaction picture ?

Hi falseflagging snoygger.

Proton is a meme
>just install Windows on ot!
Windows will tank performance hard

Ok schizo. Im gonna enjoy playing vidya while you work yourself into the grave

Or make the valve fags rage that they need to do extra steps.

>Windows will tank performance hard
Or refuse to install itself LOL because this is a thing !

Remember you need TPM 2.0 on your computer to get win 11.

The way you post is autistic, unhinged, and cringe so I have disregarded all of your points.

Attached: 1614490250982.jpg (640x640, 39.98K)

>The way you post is autistic, unhinged, and cringe
I literally copy what the website says.

>so I have disregarded all of your points.
Good to know you are retarded and no one should take you seriously.

>Or refuse to install itself LOL
Or just eat the battery like crazy

30 days until these retards get their decks.
The rage will be legendary and make cyberpunk 2077 rage look like a love fest. There will be refunds lots and lots of refunds.

Any Forums will be full of their rage.

Attached: cyberpunk-2077-facebook.png (1200x630, 761.58K)

>using any bugthesda game as an example of why something is bad
reminder that if you try to play skyrim with an uncapped framerate you will literally be softlocked on the intro sequence.
this is on a standard windows pc, no gnu+linux or proton involved

You post like a fag.

Why windows 11? Why not 10?

I'd believe you are a bot if you told me.

Consider rerolling yourself.

Open MS paint and make your own characters

>Why windows 11? Why not 10?
letmegooglethat.com/?q=windows 11 requires tpm 2.0

Any Forums fags are so retarded.

No one will ever take a wojakposter seriously, you fucked up from the first post.

>ProtonDB defines Gold as working after tweaks
>"hurr durr this game shouldn't be Gold because it needs tweaks!!"

Name the games you will play on your deck.

Non answer, you can install windows 10 to it.

Reroll yourself.