RPG has a bunch of fantasy races

>RPG has a bunch of fantasy races
>everyone just makes a generic human
Why do gamers do this? Self-inserting isn’t roleplaying. That’s like saying an actor behaving like they always do is “acting”

Attached: FA306F27-AFDB-4EF6-9239-E7C0FB10CC1F.jpg (1109x1660, 408.64K)

Because male human fighter is the most go to class for roleplaying newbies or those with power fantasies.

I’m not 5, I don’t care for CRAAAAZY stuff. I care more about honor and self responsibility. Not demon eyes and horns

>self inserting isn't roleplaying
You've never played an RPG.

What game?

I've always wondered how gayjournos figured out that it was white dudes doing it. How do we know that negros and other lesser-thans aren't roleplaying as the developers intended? As a superior race with more power and capability than their own crippled physical forms? Maybe they just wanna know what it's like to have a loan application accepted and not have a woman clutch her purse and move to the other sidewalk.

I never understood the reaction to this. Most people are naturally going to make themselves before something else in an RPG maker. Why would the result be anything but a generic human when you are purposefully sorting by most commonly used traits? Were they expecting a lizard man with dreads or something?

I honestly can't not find it abit creepy that a game company is keeping tabs on people's choices regarding what race and gender they play, like who the fuck cares, and why is that information relevant at all?

Because humans have the most blank slates compared to other races. You can really roleplay them however you want, choose whatever kinda background you want. At least that's how it was for me when I was roleplaying in World of Warcraft.

I'm spending at most 3 minutes on the character customizer, they need to provide some decent presets if they want us to choose the crazy options.

Baldur's Gate 3

I just want to play the game. I leave all the CUHRAZY character designs for later playthroughs (if the game is fun enough to warrant one)

Because I'm human, and I want to be human
And I'm male, so I want to be male
But I'm also ugly as shit, so I'd like to make someone that looks better than I do and better fit the character class I'm playing, which is typically a mage of some sort.
Exception for making cool skeletons, but very few games let you be a cool skeleton.

Because ultimately, most people dont like purple polka dot skinned dreadlock wearing tieflings

Deep down everyone knows the very image of a hero is a strong white man

self-inserters are faggots

>dude, we have you cool horns and stuff
>Translation:
>ARRRRRRR WHY WONT YOU PLAY AS A NIGGER

why do I keep seeing shit about this game? is it out? are the bioshills working overtime

>this is your own fault
what the fuck imagine going to restaurant and chef slaps you for eating steak

The entire point of a roleplaying game is to play as someone other than yourself

There are a million other games and media that have a main character deliberately designed for the audience to self insert with

By taking an RPG and just playing as yourself you eschew the one thing that makes them unique. You can do that if you want but it’s like eating a steak with ketchup. It doesn’t really make much sense

>Human
>Human but pointed ears
>Human but pointed ears and mutt
>Human but pointed ears and black skin
>Human but green skin
>Human but red skin, horns and tail
>Human but manlet x2
Why would I pick anything else when everything is basically the same or worse.

This, I either go crazy and make a slutty little princess or white male hero archetype. Depends on the game.

woke double standards

Attached: 15782152112482.jpg (999x2028, 579.34K)

All those extra accessories are exotic and visually interesting. A red elf babe is superior to a regular human.

I don't self insert, I also do not care about humans wearing fursuits, green humans, snobby humans with pointy ears, manlets and assorted circus freaks, give me cool things like robots or skeletons and I might play them from time to time.

No they aren't