This game is barely a step above Berseria, not as good as Vesperia...

This game is barely a step above Berseria, not as good as Vesperia, and still sold because of super aggressive marketing.
And you guys say that shit don't work.

Attached: tales-of-arise-screenshot-3-04212021-1619049970996_160w.jpg (1280x720, 201.17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-06-19/producer-western-audience-influenced-tales-of-arise/.148022
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nah you're just a faggot. The combat is miles ahead of the ultra outdated traditional Tales combat which is why it's popular. There were only a handful of passable 3D Tales games like Vesperia and Xillia 1.
Arise has mediocre characters (not as awful as Graces F), a lame plot that drags ass, and some of the worst skits in recent memory, but the updates to combat and exploration more than make up for that.

I mean, I didn't buy it.

The combat is meh. I don't know who made the retarded decision to tie hit stun with a stat, bosses are basically unstunable damage sponges. You could do cooler shit in Xillia 2 and Vesperia than in this game. Exploration is back to pre Xillia days, but sure, it has been the first time in like 10 years that we have a decent explorable map.

>the ultra outdated traditional Tales combat
What is traditional Tales combat, how is it outdated, and how did Arise change that to become "miles ahead"?

>still sold because of super aggressive marketing.
marketing always work
look at genshin impact for example
that game had all the ingredients to fail
>chinese game
>botw ripoff
>mobile game
yet the chinks used aggressive marketing everywhere and now its one of the most profitable games

I mean, Honkai Impact also did very well for a gacha.

Tales of Arise is a westernized JRPG and I have no intention of buying it.

The combat is ass, though. The idea of what the penetration stat is that the higher the number, the likely of you stunning the enemies. The more times you hit, the higher chance you’ll get a hit stun but this is where the bullshit start. This only applies to small enemies or minions. Any bosses you encounter means jackshit so no matter what stat you have on penetration, even at max out, bosses will not move dick. They just freely hit you because they can. Next is that there’s no indication when will the enemies start to stagger. There isn’t a bar, meter, timer, or any voice lines/visual indication that tells they are close to a stagger state. You just keep hitting away and hope this attack will soon stagger them.
Because of the penetration stats, most of your moves are impractical. Some of your artes don’t lift the enemy up until you reach them into stagger state but on bosses, you might as well Lebron James that shit out because remember, bosses never ever will be in a stagger state, so there’s no chance of you comboing bosses in the air.
The game builds itself up as a combo-heavy ARPG only to make said combos shit against bosses.

I would not go that far, but it is certainly different than say, Destiny PS2.

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-06-19/producer-western-audience-influenced-tales-of-arise/.148022
>Producer: Western Audience Influenced Tales of Arise
>Tales of Arise also shows a stylistic shift from previous entries. The game utilizes the Unreal Engine 4 game engine for the first time and introduces more realistic graphics. The character designs and overall art style are something Tomizawa credits to Western influence, too. "You can see the main character's [Alphen] appearance, he is in armor for the first time in the series," Tomizawa said. The producer also spoke on the team's attempt to create a balance between the characters' look and the game's realistic environments as an example of Western influence.
Western Twitter tranny audience pandering.

Does the game ever let you dodge cancel artes?

Like Risa is the best Atelier(Also most solded in fucking 25 years of series), Arise the best Tales so far, FInally no generic Fantasy chosen shit at start, good combat and decent story.

Its much better game than Vesperia. Get your brain checked.

THIS END NOW!

Agreed the marketing made it seem as the series finally took a new direction but the only thing that changed was the art style, even the story was mediocre. But they got me, $60 down the drain, I'm gonna buy the next tales game when it's like $5

Holy shit taste, Batman!
It is no capacity a better game than Vesperia.

bosses not being comboable is good, i want a boss fight not a juggle exhibition, thats for normal enemies. all bosses are big enough so your aerial artes can hit them anyways, and staggering them with perfectly timed boost attacks is more rewarding.
enemies entering stagger state is very obvious so i don't know where that complain comes from, you just react to it to start your combo which isnt difficult

nope, it's graphics.

>bosses not being comboable is good

Attached: 1629093213929.jpg (250x293, 15.56K)

Awful opinion. There's no reason why fucking Edna should be taking swords to the face like a champ and not flinch

>staggering them with perfectly timed boost attacks is more rewarding.
It’s really not, especially when it only lasts for a few seconds at most.

Blue Moon was a great song

>The combat isn't great
I didn't say it was, I said it's miles better than the shit 3D Tales has been doing.
>Xillia 2
Shut up autist, that game is dog shit that only appeals to combo spergs too slow to play real action games

Try playing them faggot

The only 3D Tales with genuinely fun combat in the previous style is Graces and the characters were too obnoxious for me to finish it

>I said it's miles better than the shit 3D Tales has been doing.
Yeah, no.

I have played every mainline, I'm asking because I don't know what the fuck you're talking about because while Tales keeps some things about the combat similar, they play very differently. I don't know what your standard for "traditional Tales combat" is.

Another day another seething thread.

Cope.

Marketing only works if people want what you're selling. Cope switch bitch!

Attached: 1639352288511.jpg (1280x1280, 1002.41K)

>c-cope!

Come the fuck on, user. They change shit like stun or weakness mechanics but the core 2.5-D barely-responsive combat is the same.
Tales was way way overdue for a proper full 3D combat system.

So the LMBS is your problem? Why?

>super aggressive marketing
it's a schizoid Any Forumstard sees shills everywhere
episode again