Where did the meme come from that this game has great bosses...

Where did the meme come from that this game has great bosses. Sure it has lot of passable bosses and it doesn‘t have the obviously unfinished bosses of previous titles. But it also lacks bosses that stand out as particularly good. Sulyvhan, Dancer and the twins are unironically the only good bosses in the base game

Attached: 8A838302-AEC5-4430-BB7B-A993C718105B.jpg (640x960, 347.2K)

pontiff is easy and gay
dancer is like pontiff but with a FAT health bar
my favourites are the tree, deacons and i guess vordt... at least they are fun

because no Bed of Chaos means that the boss lsit is already much better

There's a handful of good bosses, rest are utter shit

>vordt
Stand below him: the boss fight (tm)

yeah, nice and low stress, plus it's fun when he charges

Point being Bloodborne has Gascoigne, Vicar, Gherman, Maria, Kos, Ludwig which are all kino as fuck and ds3 has hardly any boss that comes close. Sekiro likewise has Genichiro, guardian Ape, isshin, owl I and II

Is a boss fight really supposed to be low stress. Tension is kinda the point

Attached: 630FB79B-789B-4FCB-AC6E-FE4030444DAB.jpg (700x394, 23.82K)

Zoomzooms like 'em speedy, flashy and samey

tension is all right, if it's something interesting
but most ds3 bosses just involve baiting then R1, it's tedious... i'd rather dumpster the stupid tree than fight pontiff or dancer
ludwig is a boss who actually made me use my brain, and my dick

Exactly. The bosses are lame. They Don‘t make for particularly interesting fights nor is there any buildup and atmosphere to make the fights stand out outside of mechanics

The entire Dark Souls series is 1 amazing game split across 3 good to mediocre ones.

Shit take. Ds1 actually works as a stand alone adventure. Ds3 just reuses shit from ds1 because it can‘t come up with anything new nor add anything interesting. The whole, worlds coliding bullshit is poorly conceived and implemented cope for lazy development

Because the bosses were largely developed standalone and followed a formula that would be perceived as interesting and were subsequently placed in fairly featureless boxes.
This allowed any boss to be mildly tweaked and dropped virtually anywhere.
If a boss concept didn't work it could be cut with fewer losses or at least moved somewhere else in such a way that it wouldn't compromise the general flow since it would be easy to drop in an alternative.

Consequently there are no unfinished bosses or massively unfun bosses and the few standout bosses overshadow everything that is kind of mediocre so everyone remembers those instead.

It's one decent game with two contractual obligations hanging on to it.

That explains the complete lack of sovl

Ornstein & Smough kicking everyone's ass 15 years ago
That's it, no other good bosses.

I only truly liked
>The Cathedral
>Archives
>Castle
>Irythyll
>The Corvian Village
the rest was either average or shit, I wish that the series would have a gta-like ability to save and lock your progress at the point of your choice. Then I'd be able to play through the locations I actually like.

>tree, deacons and i guess vordt
Decent bait

you gotta besome tasteless fag if you don't think
>Champion Gundyr
>Nameless King
>Dragonslayer Armor
>Abyss Watchers
>Twin Princes
>Pontiff Sulyvhan
>Dancer of the Boreal Valley
>Midir
>Soul of Cinder
>Demon Prince
>Gael
are anything but top kino bosses. I know this is bait, but fuck off. Even the "shitty" bosses like the tree and deacons of the deep are pretty memorable

>Point being Bloodborne has Gascoigne, Vicar, Gherman, Maria, Kos, Ludwig which are all kino as fuck and ds3 has hardly any boss that comes close

Basically revealing you started the series with BB

>Champion gundyr
is lame and easy. Basically the tutorial boss again, classic dude in armor
>dragon slayer armor
Similiar problem. Not bad but also nothing interesting about him. i.e. no buildup
>abyss watchers
Decent boss though massively devalued by how easy it is to backstab him. Makes this big epic boss seem like a joke
>soul of cinder
Also really uninteresting. Same problems as dragon slayer and gundyr

The rest are pretty good but aside from the dlc none of these are kino

I started with ds1 which frankly doesn‘t have great bosses mechanically speaking. But most bosses have enough setup and are build well into the world to end up being quite interesting