Made a thread asking for help building a pc a couple days ago and it was helpful but I should have bumped it for longer...

Made a thread asking for help building a pc a couple days ago and it was helpful but I should have bumped it for longer since I still had questions. How does this look? Mind you I'm reusing my 2080s and nhd15. Also the price is going to be less because reasons so it shouldn't be so bad.

Attached: Untitled.png (2923x1526, 324.87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/9ryrxs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

OP here im trans btw not sure if that matters

Did you make it on Any Forums? has dedicated PC building threads too.

I happen to be looking to make a build with some of the same parts as you.
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/9ryrxs

>1000W PSU

Attached: 1326061640218.jpg (210x175, 8.54K)

this so much
1k is overkill for this setup

It was on Any Forums. Everytime I ask on /pcbg/ I get no answers.
Is there any actual downside if i don't care for the money at least 200 bucks? Mind you I'd be getting a 3090, if prices go down lol, or a 3090ti or a high end 40 series card.

Most of these parts are overkill, you only really need a really good cpu and gpu

looks good to me but the 1000w is overkill unless you're planning on getting a 3090 sometime later

I built a PC recently and learned that building a small micro-atx PC is a huge mistake. I thought it would be cute, but it was hot and you got no space for anything but a dinky 1030 gpu. I did rectify it by getting a bigger case, but now my graphics card still blocks 3 out of 4 of my SATA ports.

TL;DR: Lesson I learned from this is just go full ATX with a huge monolith of a case. Don't ever try to do less than that unless your plan is to exclusively use CPU integrated graphics.

The ddr5 mobo and ram is mostly for future proofing. Don't want to have to switch the mobo later. that would be annoying as fuck.
That's what i would do.

It's all still unnecessary in my opinion, that ram in 8 years will be 80 bucks and the advantage now isn't really needed.

Mostly confused about the motherboard. Do ram speeds work on all boards or are there limitations? Like the 5600mhz I have selected, if I buy a higher mhz one a couple years later can I just put that there? Also with regards to nvme storage the 980 says its pcie 4 but the mobo only has pcie 5 and 3. Can I just put it in the 5 slot and have it working normally?

What do you need the 12700k for that the 12400f can't do for a fraction of the price?

If you don't care about the money go for something Platinum-rated instead.
Operation costs add up over years of use.

I don't know. I suppose I'll build a new pc at some point anyway but I want this one to last as long as possible. Worth getting higher than 3600hz ddr4 ram? Like 32gb 4400hz?

>kiketel
Lol, who buys that shit in 2022? Buy AMD.

Originally I wanted the i9 because I want to best performance and i wager I can keep that shit for a long time. Mostly want the pc for 4k120hz. Should be doable considering my favorite games. 4k60 on newer stuff.
>Operation costs add up over years of use.
Meaning? As in the electricity bill?

>As in the electricity bill?
Yes.
The rating determines how much power you PSU draws compared to how much power it provides.
A bad PSU (Bronze or unrated) may pull 1300W from the wall to deliver 1000W.

PC building is a lot like civil engineering.
There are many solutions to a given problem, and some solution are easy but expensive. The point of an engineer is to do the job right at the right price.
Now, if you don't care about the price, sure go for this list. Otherwise, you're massively over the mark here paying well over $200 more for RAM than you really need to. RAM frequency gives very small performance upgrades in games, even at 4k.
If money is even the slightest bit a part of your worries, you'd be better off future-proofing by spending $700 less on this rig and putting that money away for future upgrades in 5 years.

>those prices

holy fuck I am envious, I would literally be paying like $1000 more for the same gear here in aus

If you go AMD you can probably save a few hundred with no real noticeable downsides.