Top 3 X game, you got filtered

Top 3 X game, you got filtered.

Attached: ecksate.jpg (857x1200, 256.62K)

bottom 3 x game, you got duped

>2 (two) ride chaser stages
>2 more stages are autoscrollers
Y I K E S

What are common complaints about X8? I'm under the impression it's good

It has the most gimmicky level design in the series. The gameplay is actually pretty good when you're allowed to experience it instead of sitting in a dumb jetbike or waiting for a slow autoscroller.

haven't played it because I don't want to finish X7 but refuse to play a mega man sequel without beating the previous entry
only ever played through the entirety of classic
mm7&8 were mid, but good enough to beat

Attached: smilebj.jpg (750x750, 66.75K)

>good and bad ride chaser stages
>2 autoscroll sections in what is generally 1 (one) fun stage
>the other is just a robot following you around that you can stop at will

I liked the challenge in this one, when the stages weren't gimmicky.

It was so close to greatness:
>Controls are tight
>All 3 characters are a unique and fun playstyle
>Great art style
>You can finally mix Xs amour parts
>Not buggy like the previous 2 games
>Localisation done by people who speak English
>Sigma was NOT the final boss
But
>The level design is gimmicky shit + what mentioned
>Finding heart containers and e-tanks is replaced by grinding for currency

Other than the UFO, Snow and factory, crystal mine stage, I liked the gravity, pitch black stages. Some of the hidden metals were pretty fun.

Still working on x7 and 7 on 2nd collection. X7 2nd last boss is filtering me abit. Cant figure out weakness and to twitchy for awkward 3d platforming. Mostly the gliding to wall sticking/jumping. Gotta be lined up perfectly parallel with wall

I hope you've been putting your upgrade points into Axl and X, and them only.

Zero does get a projectile or 2. One with what seems like unlimited range

>3D
nope. it sucked.

Your impression is conditionated by the fact it's a follow up of X7; your expectation were low.

>Your impression is conditionated by the fact it's a follow up of X7; your expectation were low
i didn't play X7 nor know anything about it when i played X8

Didn't ask.

I did.

>one of the axl games

Attached: 1505702299376.jpg (638x576, 26.43K)

It's probably top 4, X, X2 and X4 are all better, but that more speaks to how mediocre X series ended up being overall than to qualities of X8 itself, they seriously kept shitting the bed with X and by the time X7 and X8 came out we already had great third-person action games (with shooting, even) existing for years so it's really just Capcom being lazy and unimaginative that led to Mega Man fizzling out as a brand name instead of growing

Is it just me or did Mega Man peak with the X series? I never hear much in the way of buzz and talk for Mega Man as a franchise after the X series fizzled out. Oh sure the series continued with the Zero games and ZX and stuff, but despite being the direct follow ups to X? There is no mainstream acknowledgement. It feels like mainstream Mega Man died with X. Even Sonic lasted longer in the eyes of mainstream audiences (even if it was as a laughingstock due to lousy games).

Moving Mega Man to handhelds killed it. And even re-releasing the collections on Switch has not helped Mega Man gain more success from normies.

Axl gameplay in X8 was fun, don't see the problem.

The problem is that he brings nothing. X and Zero are all you need and Axl is a gimped Mega Man. And here's the rub, as the series progressed it was obvious that Capcom was making X and Zero interchangeable a bit, X knows how to use the Z Saber and Zero regained his buster. Sure it's not perfect in the X series, but the general idea is that both main characters were starting to blur together in terms of mechanics. And this is seen further in the Zero games.

So if the series insists on X and Zero starting to feel the same mechanically that leaves Axl with less than nothing. So the next thing would be to judge Axl on his personality. X is the face of the franchise and rising leader figure, Zero is his wing mate, the cool guy stereotype who can be trusted to accomplished the mission. Axl is meant to be a rookie, but he's not really a rookie due to his experience working for Red Alert. And generally Axl isn't very interesting either as a character. Bringing nothing is a huge problem for many characters especially examples like Axl.

He has 8 way aiming and rapid fire instead of a charged buster. It's very much like Bass whose gameplay I also liked.

user, that was X7 Axl, in X8, X can only shoot forward like X1-X6, while Axl can shoot in 8 directions. Axl also has a short hover instead of an air dash, and a dodge roll.

People fondly remember the early Battle Network games, the Zero games and MM9

Dodge roll is useless but the hover is very handy for taking further advantage of the aiming.

X is the series that only hardcore Mega Man fans like, and it's hardly ever anyone's favorite.