Film grain and black and white are considered serious stylistic choices in movies and photography

>film grain and black and white are considered serious stylistic choices in movies and photography
>ink outlines and halftones and pulp paper are considered iconic elements of comic books and used in throwback styles
>vinyl records of live recorded bands are considered warmer by default in music
>the smell of old books is revered in literary circles and old language writing styles are highly respected
>physical brush strokes are so intertwined with painting that even digital art is aimed at recreating them

Meanwhile
>low poly and pixel art in games are considered ugly and less valuable by default in video games

Why are gamers such children?

Attached: 1643535155263.png (846x584, 258.47K)

Because video games are primarily a children's medium?

Look no further than >Any Forums

>film grain and black and white are considered serious stylistic choices in movies and photography
Yeah but they still usually shoot them on really nice cameras.

>Why are gamers such children?
becayse that's the audience videogames have been trying to appeal to

Attached: 1643535299101.jpg (1127x2000, 980.98K)

vinyl autists are mocked
physical book autists are mocked

And there's some damn nice looking pixel and low poly art out there, that no one is even trying to replicate in games anymore

Attached: 1608685648035.gif (1200x675, 926.07K)

Legends is legit my favorite of the Megaman series' alongside the Zero series. Legends was so fucking charming. They had the most marketable characters of the franchise too, and they did fuck all with them. Such a disappointment.

Pokemon legend looks like that.

People are trying to make games that look like that. They've been trying since you made this thread in 2010, and they'll hopefully maybe be done with a demo by the time you make this thread again in 2030.

user tons of people love pixel art, it's not just one dude from a thread you remember in 2010...

Pokemon Legends is literally on the opposite side of the spectrum of looking like that

What do you mean? Both looks like ps1 games.

Every medium has tasteless idiots OP. What you posted is a ignorant opinion of someone who either does not understand it as an art form because they didn't grow up with it or they do not have the capacity to appreciate that specific form of art.

You brought up films right? Well there's a ton of tasteless idiots who think foreign films are stupid because they don't want to read subtitles. These are the film equivalents of the tasteless vidya idiots. Pay no mind to them.

Attached: 1533252626611.gif (500x400, 185.5K)

Because gamers are retarded and will always be.

Attached: 1642322701262.jpg (739x933, 67.54K)

Yes, like the opposite sides of the spectrum of PS1 games, Arceus looks like the worst looking ones, and MegaMan Legends are some of the best looking ones. When fidelity is low due to tech limitations the only factor in deciding the quality of the look is art, and Arceus has none.

Attached: 1643535958031.jpg (602x452, 45.14K)

>t. pedophile

And?

once 3D rendering hit video games, the side-by-side evolution of graphics and technology conditioned everyone to like the newer stuff
though we hit a plateau and stylized art is becoming appreciated again

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 132.17K)

ok why does my guy look like a Klingon though?

>>film grain and black and white are considered serious stylistic choices in movies and photography
there's a ton of effort that goes into actually making a movie look good in black and white, it's not as simple as putting a black and white filter over a movie, same can be said with black and white comic books, what you lose with color you make up for in detail, meanwhile with video games devs just make low effort low poly textures and call it "retro" to make up for their low quality, it's basically the same as those shitty "retro 8 bit" games were characters had long straight arms and legs

Bitch looks like an alien, she has no right to talk.

>Calling ANYTHING ugly when you look like this.
KEK

Attached: hugo.png (192x261, 64.39K)

>vinyl
Kill yourself, hipster

Dunno man both looks like shit lmao

What about live instruments vs digitally composed music

who? literally who? and boy is that some projection, that's some ugly as sin person. (or a terrible drawings)

Because most of modern gaming's userbase are women and zoomers who didn't grow up with the old shit and don't care about it. Try getting some random Stacy to listen to classical.

Attached: E21B7849-3CF3-4B6A-80CF-B565DB6FDA18.png (1620x3192, 2.27M)

this is why you dont drink while pregnant. or live on Pandora

why should I care about what some bitch on the internet says

My man looking like a shaved off khajiit

Most normalfags think black and white movies, comics with no color, vinyl records and books are obsolete/pointless/stupid.
You can find a lot of people who appreciate low poly and pixel art.
tl;dr touch grass

>Touch grass
Literally not an argument you're on the same level as retards saying "EHH YOU'RE WRONG, NUFF SAID"
Here's your (You) because i can only hope that you're baiting and not actually this much of a retarded 14 year old.

wrong

beacuse only silly children play games

I remember playing this when I was a really little fucking retard child. I thought it was hard as hell and also feel like I thought it was scary or spooky for some reason idk why. Maybe eerie? I dunno

Because marketing has convinced them that the newest and shiniest game is automatically better. They've effectively turned games into a disposable medium. Any game that's too old is automatically bad because you can't see everyone's pores, so buy the remaster.

>Getting so triggered by what some literally who retard said in a random comment you make a thread seething about it on Any Forums

goddamn i wish i could texture like this
i'm 100% confident i could recreate the models, but texturing is bullshit i.e. requires artistic rather than technological skill

It was a joke about it taking a very long time to make pixel art games that look that nice.

There's definitely a balance between pixel art styles that are decent looking and easy to put out and fantastic looking but take years to finish. Sometimes people definitely go way too hard with the latter kind, like Owlboy or the Iconoclasts. I personally always thought that seemed stupid because I'd rather just finish a game in 1-2 years than having to spend a decade on art.

The image is just representative of the general sentiment

Attached: 1554744244500.png (1021x2331, 716.17K)