Imagine paying 60 for this bullshit

Can anyone explain to me how the FUCK these "textures" devoid of any detail are considered acceptable in 2022 or any time in the last 15 years on a home console? This shit would be lazy even on a handheld or mobile game. This isn't an art style and isn't creativity. It is a complete absence of both. Even if the gameplay was top notch, I would be insulted and disgusted if I paid $60 for a brand new game from one of a company's most popular series. Good gameplay and good graphics are not mutually exclusive and neither are having a cel shading and having detailed textures

Attached: shit.png (1799x1016, 3.29M)

Other urls found in this thread:

who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/blindness-and-visual-impairment
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Case in point, Eternal Sonata. A game that came out FIFTEEN FUCKING YEARS AGO

Attached: eternal sonata.jpg (1280x720, 200.57K)

>omg the grass doesn't look like real grass, immersion ruined!!!!1!

The grass doesn't look like grass, period. It's little green lines on a blurry green blob. The screenshot I posted of Eternal Sonata doesn't look like real grass too but if I saw that texture outside of the context of the game world i could still tell it was supposed to be grass

who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/blindness-and-visual-impairment

Switch only has 4GB of unified memory, which has to process not only game data but graphics. Completely inadequate for open worlds, but they still make them because it's a good avenue to rip kids off. And the audience doesn't even mind that they get low grade products.

Never mind, I understand now why this is considered acceptable. It's because retards like you defend it and made it acceptable. Thanks for answering my question.

So you got scammed into paying for a game with textures I could make in ten minutes in a paint and feel the need to defend your stupid purchase. Gotcha.

Just bought another copy full price just to spite you :^)

The original textures were probably way higher resolution, but were compressed heavily to fit into memory.

Wow, you must have been saving your allowance for quite a while to afford that

You're fucking cringeworthy man

U mad? Just bought three more btw

Are you trying to tell me that the Switch can't handle textures as detailed as a game that came out in 2008 on 360 and PS3?

Does your mother know you're up this late?

was meant for

It really doesnt look that bad in the OP pic. The main issue to me is that most of the game is worse than that. The water looks weird and unfinished, the scenery and landscapes look too jaged and unnatural, and the models of the characters being textured differently makes the game look weird and rushed.

The 3D grass wouldn't look so bad despite being incredibly sparse if the texture underneath had more detail. My main thing with that screenshot I took was wood textures on the cabin, dock, and wheelbarrow missing any kind of wood grain and the sand just being two different shades of brown.

Its only £35 and rated 85/100

Keep seething you sad pathetic loser xDD

I legitimately think Pokemon is a cult at this point. Have you ever seen someone shiny hunt before? It's fucked up.

Remember that time when seething mentally ill schizo babbies on 4channel wasted months of their lives shitposting about this game every day and then got BTFO by reality when the game launch to rave reviews and sold 20 million?

Yeah that was fucking funny. I laughed for days. They still mad too.

Why would I know that and/or care? I didn't pay for it and I don't let other people decide if a game is good for me.

Why do you hate great video games bro?

That never happened, wtf are you talking about?

Then why does every other Switch game, including Xenoblade Chronicles look better than this?

>That never happened

KEK

These graphics are so bare basic boring they put me to sleep and they want me to stare at this shit for hours

>no argument
Oh you're one of those posters, never mind me then, go back to being retarded

>its a bad game because the graphics are bad!

The game looks fine. If you're sitting screeching about graphics aa if thats the most important thing about a video game then you must be 12 years old and clearly have a lot of growing up to do.

I'm going to put forth my suggestion that you are a seething console war pleb who just can't stomach the reality that the Switch has YET ANOTHER fantastic exclusive.

>The game looks fine
Even if that were true, it still plays like shit.

They insist on using modern rendering technology which clearly doesn't leave much room for memory. If they kept the rendering more primitive they could undoubtedly have higher resolution textures, but they seem to prioritize up to date 3D.

That's actually one of the better screenshots I've seen of it.
Get it together, OP.
You could've posted something like this.

Attached: screenshot_713.png (800x450, 676.75K)

Are you honestly trying to deny that this place hasn't been wall to wall FUD shitposting about this game since it was announced? Seriously? LMAO

Holy shit the schizos got BTFO so hard they're now trying to deny their humiliation never happened. Priceless.

Let me explain it to you:

It's okay when Nintendo does it.

>it still plays like shit.

85/100

Continue seething and screeching on this hentai pedo board. It won't change reality for you.

I agree, graphics aren't the most important thing. But they are important and I don't know why people insist on pretending they aren't. A lack of effort in graphics is a lack of effort in the game. I'm emulating this on my computer, and haven't owned a console since the PS3. Why would I give two shits about it being an exclusive?

Yes, because that never happened. I was on Any Forums for the last few months, this game was barley discussed. You're either confusing this place for Any Forums or you somehow gaslight yourself into thinking that's the case. Either way, your talking nonsense, especially about being "BTFO" when the game released and is being criticized for being bad

Except this wasn't Nintendo.

But its still rated 85/100 so people who have actually played it think its great. Many calling it the best Pokemon game ever. I wonder how Switches this will sell? Millions more I suppose.

Because every other game is doing something different, offering a different scale. You would have to pick apart each game and how they manage their resources

>I was on Any Forums for the last few months, this game was barley discussed.

BRUH

Imagine paying 60 for this bullshit

Attached: fire-emblem-three-houses-nintendo-switch-1[1].jpg (1920x1080, 220.43K)

Ten steps onto that first beach was as far as I got into this mess. I was half trolling when I posted this thread after playing the game for 30 seconds and had hopes that maybe it was just the intro area you wouldn't spend much time in. Jesus Christ those trees

Why are you just straight up lying

>no arguments again
Why do you keep replying to me only to embarrass yourself? Its really sad

It's not fine when it looks like Betrayal at Krondor in the distance. You can't even see trees in the distance, and only a couple of funny ones up close.

The Switch is not made for open worlds. It should have never been made for this platform.

Three Houses is a spectacularly ugly game but I liked it.

>he paid

Attached: chuckle.gif (250x250, 1.14M)

85/100

I'm not though

rune factory frontier
ignore RF5 which looks like a turd.

Attached: 2008vs2021.jpg (853x960, 821.05K)

>I would be insulted and disgusted if I paid $60
>if

This looks shitty even for a Wii game.

>Three Houses is a spectacularly ugly game but I liked it.
how? I mean graphics is everything to a game? Imagine you have a really good running mobage game making billions of dollars and then creating this ugly of a game? Everyone, who plays or pretends playing pokemon games tell me that graphics are everything. How is this possible?!

I want to play it but it's really expensive so I wait for the next ff, I kinda am interested in srpg, played the remake on ds but it was a little bit too much animu with muh hero, muh childhood friend totally in love with him, secret girl that is the princess and the mc falls in love

Face it, you're paying for the name of the IP not the game's content.
It's not even truly open world. I'm still playing it and forming my full criticism, but it really did fail when it could have been the best game yet.

it lives rent free in your head so yeah you paid

Attached: 1641814523031.gif (191x184, 262.05K)

It genuinely looks worse than the original Xenoblade Chronicles which was also exclusive to Nintendo's underpowered console at the time

dude HOW

>looks worse than a game from 2017 on the same hardware

Attached: xenoblade-chronicles-2_6015549.jpg (600x338, 57.97K)

Terrible shaders and textures. Enviroments are weirdly angular and blocky. Runs at a buttery smooth 10fps a lot of the time.
It's still a really fun game despite all that.

>pretends playing pokemon games tell me that graphics are everything
I really hate when people say this, as if there aren't multiple pokemon threads with lists of gameplay problems this game has. Like the game if you want to, but don't just say the only reason people don't like it is the graphics. its incredibly disingenuous

If you're just interested in how it plays, just pick up the GBA games.

But has more critical acclaim.

Both great though. The Switch has so many great games.

NINTENDO, HIRE

>its incredibly disingenuous
do you honestly think that people on vp shitting on it begging for leaks are the same people as playing them. Maybe some of them most of the people shitting on it are people who played it when they were kids or just some shitty reddit tourists

Most people that "care" about video games and are even avid/hardcore fans don't really CARE about games as much as say pcfriends that grew up in the 90s and 2000s that have a heightened taste for whats a quality product.

I myself no longer care that much, I have other thing occupying my head. Just telling you how the normie specimens sees it and of course you have retarded fanboys that have nintendo's and pisstation's dicks down their throat that have to breathe through gills their entire adolescent life.
You saw it in console wars and in pc/console arguments right on this website for that past 10+ years. Plenty claimed they couldn't even feel or see more than 30fps. These will attempt to demean you and claim it's nkt an issue of any kind just to defend their choice and purchase etc.

>game plays at 360p in handheld mode

Nice head canon. I'm confused, is it rent free or did I pay for it? You seem to be contradicting yourself

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1080, 1.78M)

I refuse to buy any modern game that looks worse than their prequel from 3 generations ago. I have no bought a Harvest Moon game since DS because the others all look worse.

I'm going to be completely honest, I don't understand what you're trying to say in the first sentence, but all I'm trying to say is that I dislike the people who pretend like the only criticism of this game is the graphics. I don't care if you like the game, but there are very big gameplay reason that will make people dislike the game, also nice trips

I don't know man just having a laugh.

Attached: 1641773869892.gif (343x498, 3.24M)

Yeah hows that Switch emulator coming along you thirsty schizo?

pokemon is for babies

Sad that this is a 60 usd product.
I also dislike the 'modern' look of it, with the strong yellow lighting and color palette.
Zero computationally intensive shadows and crappy low res textures everywhere. Very low polygon count, it looks empty and barren too...

Tendies, this game at least runs at 60 fps on the shitty tablet in handeld mode right?

The boss fights piss me off to no end the most. Especially the end game ones.

Compare the fight with Arceus to Chakravatin from Asura's Wrath (a fight against a God done right), and it's night and day. This is a billion dollar franchise but they put less money into it than some fan made projects.

I fucking hate GameFreak, I HATE them with all my entire being. And all these old corpses at Nintendo can't realize the damage they're doing to the franchise.

>this is a 60 usd product

But its not. You can buy it for 35 bucks if you shop around. You can go ahead and buy a $70 game with le epic graphics and its still not going to be as much fun to play as PLA.

Seethe.

I'm not seething, I don't even know what game that is nor will I find out. I don't play casual games made for little children.
And it's not 60 dollars, it's 70? I would laugh at you but I am utterly indifferent at you playing in the big pile of elephant shit.

Just letting you know you are mentally handicapped.

Sorry, let me clear up my OP that clearly had too many trains of thought for you to follow. The price is irrelevant. The fact that this is a game that came out in 2022 and looks like this is absolutely insane as are the people content with this disgusting, lazy art style in what is supposed to be a AAA game

Because Pokémon is for little children, if you're to old for the Pokémon anime you're not in the target audience.

When did games being for kids and being good become mutually exclusive?

Seething about graphics.

12 years old.

85/100

85/100

Attached: 1643464214266.jpg (1280x722, 414.55K)

85/100

Being fed shit and learning to like the taste because everyone else said it was delicious.

Retard.

Kill yourself/10

Faggot/100

It's not just safe for kids it's borderline toddler media, their brains are so early in development it's essentially media for retards. You don't expect Peppa pig to be compelling to watch, the same standards apply to Pokémon.

well that's just your opinion bro. Any Forums always hates anything that is popular. Pokémon™ Legends: Arceus is guaranteed to become GOTY

wow it really looks like literally shit

>game has near universal acclaimed
>NOOOOO IT CAN'T BE! ITS SHIT! IT MUST BE SHIT! PLEASE BE SHIT! LOOK AT THE GRAPHICS!!!

Kek what an infant.

Are you implying FE is a perfect game without flaws? Someone who played and enjoyed PLA can also look at FE and say its an ugly dogshit game with unfun gameplay, doesn't make it objectively true like you're trying to push onto PLA. It's only a minority of people saying PLA is garbage and people generally are having fun.

worse than a gamecube game

Attached: 153256081157.png (684x680, 123.4K)

>WOOOOW EVERYONE IS RAVING ABOUT SOMETHING I BETTER JOIN IN THE CIRCLE JERK AND ANYONE WHO DISAGREE MUST JUST BE A CONTRARIAN
Go watch Rick and Morty, faggot

>That never happened

The absolute state of sonypedos. Deny Everything lmao

>game has near universal acclaim
in other words;
>the target market likes it
and as we all know, nobody is allowed the question the almighty, the all-wise and all-knowing Target Market (peace be upon them)

Yet another superb exclusive for the Switch.

Nintendo just keep winning and Any Forums keeps seething

Top is console, bottom is handheld

I don't know if you noticed, but Pokemon has always been a soulless assembly line product from the start

The games are just carbon copies with new monsters and some additions every other generation, with no attempts to do anything new. Its still the same gameplay as it was on the original gameboy
The anime is literally just endless filler that never goes anywhere.

Nobody making Pokemon ever cared, all it is good at is franchise management and marketing. Its the same shit for over 20 years

SEETHING

Whats it like being a loser?

You're seething? Oh, I'm sorry. Was it something I said? I apologize.

I don't know what to say user. People are still playing and enjoying this game no matter how hard you screech at them.

I refuse to believe those are real screenshots, there's no way people paid 60 bbucks for that in fucking 2022

Question it all you like but you won't change their opinions

Nigger Gamefreak has made billions of selling two versions of the same game each generation for two decades
Of course poketards will buy it and praise it

The fuck is “modern rendering technology”? You mean the one that’s been used since 2010?

I know. Autism is a terrible thing, isn't it?

Attached: 1622664398897.jpg (500x404, 40.9K)

If you weren't 7 years old during pokemania you will never understand how fun Pokémon could be. I experienced that and moved on, you have to view every new Pokémon as another entry point for a new generation of 7 year olds, the games are meeting the expectations of children from each generation and that's all it needs to do.

it's disgraceful user, I agree.
just look at how much detail you can see in this real life picture of sand compared to the sandy texture in your picture4g8xt

Attached: 7MileBeach-2013-HiRes.jpg (2667x2000, 1017.84K)

What kills me is that it's not even a hardware issue, it's purely a competence issue. GF doesn't have the skilll to deal with 3D environments at all. BOTW or XBC2 which came out 5 and 4 years ago respectively look way more detailled and have better textures and shaders while running on the same hardware. But the biggest crime is the absolute lack of art direction, my god, this game looks like a bunch or stock assets glued together, no visual identity, nothing.
Why are poketard so willing to accept shit on such a regular basis?

it's for little kids user
you may as well deconstruct the teletubbies, or Ben 10 or whatever other cartoon shit is hip right now
dont spend your energy attacking kid's games, spend your energy insulting ADULTS who buy this shit.
t. hasnt bought a pokemon game in over decade because im not a little kid

Its nice to see the Gamecube is still getting new games

It can run Crysis you retard

Pokemon...bad...?

It's extra sad when you realise these games are for adults to give to their kids so they can share this experience they had as a child, instead it's a bunch of manbabies complaining how it hasn't evolved or 35 year old losers doing the equivalent of watching teletubbies.

small japanese indie circle, pls be understan

Lol what?
The Shitch doesn't have a single game I want to play.

Toy Story 2 on the PS1 was great, so was Hercules, so we're the Lego games, just because it's for kids (and c'mon, Pokemon for "kids", that ship has long sailed) it doesn't mean it has to be ass.

Holy fuck those fucking trees. Why didn't Nintendo they hire those men?

>it's for little kids user
So what? That means it's ok for it to be ass?

The target audience for Pokémon is even younger than Disney or Lego games based on films. It's not family friendly it's exclusively for kids, there's a huge difference between a Disney film and a toddler cartoon, Pokémon is still amazing if you're 7.

Who gives a fuck? The game is FUN.

Pokémon has more artistic merit than teletubbies or pocoyo, I have no complaints about the later so I have no reason to complain about the former