Is the objective best way to play the first five gaming gens by a mile

>is the objective best way to play the first five gaming gens by a mile
>hard filters zoomers and brainlets
Yep, I'm thinking based

Attached: retroarchimage1.jpg (460x215, 31.71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/soqueroeu/Soqueroeu-TV-Backgrounds
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm happy that it finally got improved netplay after so many years. Got sick of it bugging out and disconnecting.

>muh filter
Still not installing your garbage

Attached: 1634316331152.jpg (742x698, 56.74K)

retroarch literally just werks. idk who could have a problem with it. and it's so configurable you can use it in just about any way you want

Attached: 1635169641141.png (460x573, 215.39K)

by first five gaming gen what do you mean exactly?

Attached: 1532022603207.jpg (339x103, 14.26K)

If you NEED to use retroarch, you are retarded. There isn't even any reason to use it. Everything it can do, I can do myself because I'm not a zoomer ass nigger.

Have fun using Project64 lol.

IDK what the reason is to use this shit after the release of Duckstation, literally any stand-alone emulation is better than this. Maybe raspberry pi or mini-consoles retards have no choice but I see no reason to use it on a PC.

Ok, use run-ahead without RetroArch.

>hard filters zoomers and brainlets

DuckStation is one emulator for one platform, and it's on RetroArch. Stupid underage retard fuck.

It does everything worse than the standalone emulators I have and the cores for the emulators I have don't work at all.

>pointless zoomer bloatware
KEK

I use standalone emulators, it's just faster than dealing with Retroarch's shitty menu system.
Retroarch is actually the opposite of filtering anyone, it was made with consoles kiddies in mind.
Being cumbersome does not make it complex, just a chore.

Emulation without zoomerarch does, yes

>literally dumbing down emulation with shit ui
>filtering anyone
No thanks

>t. filtered zoomers and/or brainlets
People aren't using it for UI or ease of use. Although it does offer multiple different UI choices and more than a dozen themes. People use it for the run-ahead, full rebinding, shaders, hotkeys, achievements, updated forks, global settings, and being able to save specific core options, global settings, shaders, or remapping on a per-game, per-core, per-directory, or global basis.

The appeal lies in the standardization, and the massive amount of features and customization it offers

If you use this over standalone emulators you aren't old enough to post here

See and then off yourself for being a sub 80 IQ genetic dead end.

>memes, pointless shit, redundant shit
Yeah, you just have autism. Fuck off underage

Whoah, it has a shitload of features I don't give a shit about and stuff that is standard on other emulators? I guess wasting time on shitty interfaces is the right choice!

Cool down, retard, Bettley PSX was only one reason why I used that fundamentally flawed shit, any other emulators I could download elsewhere and they would have newer versions.

I used the fucking yaba sanshiro shit to replay panzer dragoon saga and halfway through the game its crashing so much the game is basically unplayable

fuck anything other than ssf I learned my lesson

Attached: 34B0E178-8ED5-43B5-AC14-31C937B5535E.gif (311x240, 1.3M)

menu UI sucks ass on keyboard, especially for cheats, but thankfully you only have to set things up once.
>getting filtered by menus
kek
>just werks
>still crashes when switching to fullscreen on vulkan render
pick one

>zoomer calling anyone a genetic dead end because they don't like his handholdware
LOL

I only use it when I want to play with RetroAchievements support, if I have a better alternative with the same support (ie. Duckstation for PSX), I will use that instead

discrete emulatorfag hands typed this post

Completely agree. Retroarch provides the optimal experience for all my old games, with sleek, superior menu screens that I don't get lost or confused in. Emulation was such a pain in the ass before it came out, like I literally spent 6 hours trying to emulate resident evil 2 and punched my desk lol

>The appeal lies in the standardization
Where is the standardized controller binding section? This brainelts for all these years didn't implement pictures with button layouts. Until now they're using retarded SNES controller button names.

i like it
not playing your no-shader standalone emulator sorry not sorry

>cheevo faggot
lol get out

Retroarch is literally the only thing I use anymore
I'm trans btw idk if that matters

There's literally a picture showing the button location or stick direction for every binding you dumb tard

>Snes9x standalone is still better
>Kegafusion is still better
>Duckstation standalone is better
>PCSX2 is better

Retroarch is only good if you want it for a emulation only device (like some raspberry) or for the shaders.

First generation (1972)
Second generation (1976)
Third generation (1983)
Fourth generation (1987)
Fifth generation (1993)

Only run-ahead and shaders are really worth it. The rebinding system sucks ass. The UI even sucks for setting up shaders anyway. Global settings and full rebinds are solutions to problems that were only introducted by retroarch. Who the ffuck uses archievments?

Retroarch is OKAY, and I like that it can run on several platforms were the UI makes sense and has a level of consistency which is good, but for PC it's a chore - by choice.

The Snes9x standalone is not better, Genesis Plus GX is better than Kegafusion, and Beetle PSX HW is better than DuckStation (although RetroArch also has the latest DuckStstion)

Duckstation is so much faster and to the point I have no idea why anybody would use Retroarch over it other than just for filters on 2d games.

>and Beetle PSX HW is better than DuckStation
enjoy your tranny core.

Attached: 1629868214645.gif (400x260, 1.83M)

>The rebinding system sucks ass
still way better than mednafen, which forces you to map 2 keys to each action, has no runtime option to add per-game mappings without shutting the emulator and making a text file, and gives you no fucking list of key numbers so you have to guess them through trial and error.

People aren't using RetroArch for the UI or ease of use, although it does offer multiple different UI choices and more than a dozen themes.

People use it for the
>consolidated UI and settings for hundreds of different emulators
>run-ahead
>full rebinding
>shaders, filters, and overlays
>audio customization and level
>unlimited save states, pause, rewind, fast-forward, frame advance
>cheat support
>network play
>dozens of hotkeys with rebinding
>Retro achievements that are uncheatable with a hardcore mode to disable save states, cheats, pause, rewind, and fast forward
>updated forks
>being able to set any aspect ratio or refresh rate
>Rotation/TATE support
>recording, screenshots, and streaming
and being able to save ALL OF THESE, as well as specific core options and global settings, on a per-game, per-core, per-directory, and global basis. That means each and every game can have its own rebindings, shaders, volume and audio settings, run-ahead level, core and core options, rotation, aspect ratio, etc.

Can Retroarch run Dolphin/PSP/Cemu/Citra/PS2 yet?

Attached: qui.png (341x285, 147.3K)

Yes/Yes/No/No/Yes

Can't really play certain Wii games that require motion controls beyond shaking or rotating the Wiimote though.

Anyone know how to play with keyboard on RetroArch?

Aren't keyboard controls already set up by default? If they aren't just change them in the input settings, if you were talking about virtual keyboards then they should search in shaders.

Attached: 533.png (1680x1050, 1.64M)

How do you choose tv frame or whatever is that in Retroarch?

Sadly, online or console to console connectivity is crap. I wonder when they'll fix that.

github.com/soqueroeu/Soqueroeu-TV-Backgrounds

why's this emulator being shipped so hard the last 2 months, did it get some major improvements?

It's not an emulator underage retard

are you the artifact spamming autist you little shill?

Its a front-end that includes many emulators, people have been talking about RA since forever.

If you want Cemu and Citra, ask the devs to make cores.