Never played this but I always hear GW1 OG players claim that 2 is trash, why is that?

Never played this but I always hear GW1 OG players claim that 2 is trash, why is that?

Attached: GW2Logo_new.png (700x487, 225.84K)

gw1 has enormous depth in building and a complex, but fair battle system

gw2 is like its retarded brother, made for brainless zoomie zoom zooms.

you only get one profession and can't swap between them

They're different games that focus on providing different kinds of gameplay. GW1 has way better class ability customization, so most GW1 players looking for that in GW2 get very disappointed and very upset.

>make sequel
>instead of being similar to the first game but with more features it's an entirely different thing with the only similarities being the title

GW1 had hundreds of skills you could freely pick from to form your 8 skill build. In GW2 you only get to pick two weapons which then determine your skills and then there's some pathetic passive tree for minor bonuses.

GW1 had a big PvP focus and was quite skill intensive since you could body block players and dodge a lot of skills if you played well. GW2 PvP is pathetic and everyone has a magic dodge button with a cooldown instead of actually physically moving your character to avoid shit.

in GW2 you don't have a secondary profession, and you're not allowed to use the skills of other professions at all, it's braindead zoomer shit
sounds pretty retarded for something that calls itself guild wars 2 right? yeah, agreed

Attached: 1632247125393.jpg (346x360, 19.14K)

they put 2 in the name but it isn't anything like the first game

its a f2p game why dont you just try it then make a thread?

dont forget how the armor system worked in gw1 and how comparative altitude to and from your target influenced damage rolls

the game was fucking deep.

GW2 threw all the cool shit of gw1 in the trashcan, deleted the required IQ level to: mouse brain, and only innovated by letting you play as a fucking furry. Oh yeah, and sexy costumes, guaranteeeing a piece of that pathetic MMO pie.

Gw1
>tight gameplay
>rich world full of mystery
>level capped at 20 so none of that bullshit
>incredible build veriety
>every item matters allowing things like 55hp monk
>fun pvp
>amazing events
>cool non annoying lore
>not a single tranny

>gw2
>soulless open world
>soulless furry catering races
>soulless combat
>dead pvp, wvw
>everything is zerging
>trannies everywhere including in dev team and in the game as npc on top of playerbase
>shit ost
>HORRIBLE PLOT literally self insert race that has nothing to do with guild wars at all

gw2 died a month after release when people relized what they did to the franchise. Everyone was so heartbroken over it too. GW2 shills are all trannies. Like actual trannies who are also the wales keeping the game alive. Don't fall for it. There is nothing to gain from playing gw2. It's the worst mmo ever made. By far.

You dont have to ever play GW1 to think that.
The world and artstyle is really beautiful, but after you play for a while you start to see all the issues. The expansions are not helping the matter.

I'd say it's probably worth the money, if you are okay with the core gameplay. You could get a lot of hours out of it.

GW2 pve just boils down to copying the meta specs and muscle memorying your rotation. It's a clusterfuck and dull.

>gw2 died a month after release when people relized what they did to the franchise.
This is me, I kept playing dungeons and hoping the game would become deeper or some new shit would unlock but it just stays the fucking same.
Sold my dvds and account 1 month later and never looked back.

Didn't they announce the faggoty ass new tier of gear a month after release too? One of the big draws to the first game was that basic top tier gear was easy to grab, now you needed to grind a million shits to get the best gear.

In 1 I spent hours crafting builds, playing PvP and crawled through an instance with a tight group.
In 2 my builds leave me no options, PvP sucks and I arrive to an objective to find it's at 1/10th health while 100 retards are already rolling their face on their keyboard to kill it. And I can choose to pitch in with my abilities by adding another 5 debuff stacks on top of the 300 he already got from everyone pressing every button.
I played at launch and found no reason to play other than run around and looking at sights. Environment design is still pretty good, although I think 1 was superior there too. I quit when I got tired of this walking/jumping simulator.

I dropped GW2 the second I realized you couldn't create a massive meat wall of minions with necromancer like the first game

yeah lvl 80 and gear treadmill killed the fanbase instantly. Then the plot took care of the rest. I honestly have no idea who is mentally ill enough to play this trash these days and how they shat out expansions at all but it's probably furries and trannies seeing how the only characters ever posted are female chars

>soulless open world
The world is actually the best part of the game
>soulless furry catering races
?? Charr are cool. Fuck off with the human male warrior shit
>soulless combat
Partially true. The combat would be good if there was actual skill and build variety.
>dead pvp, wvw
True. It's also horribly unbalanced and downed state is the worst thing pvp could ever have.
>everything is zerging
Very true and has only gotten worse over time.
>shit ost
It's not shit, but also not anything special. WoW still has the best mmo ost unironically.
>gw2 died a month after release
As much as you would like to believe that, it's not true. It was doing okay for at least a year, maybe even two.
>It's the worst mmo ever made
It's one of the better ones. Seems like you are just personally assblasted about it.

>who is mentally ill enough to play this trash these days
Whales. I used to like the game but the best skins are paywalled in their shop and 90% of new content is shop specific. That's pretty bad in a game where skins were supposed to be the way you progress.
And now of course there are mounts and everyone is flying around in rainbow collor faggot sets.

>GW1 gets into maintenance mode only 6 years in
>GW2 is still chugging 9 years later and getting a third expansion

Hilarious cope by GW1fags and I've played both.

Attached: 1550030604012.jpg (475x466, 127.05K)

i'm tans and a furry btw, forgot to mention

>GW1
Soul
>GW2
Soulless
thats all you need to know

>everyone is flying around in rainbow color faggot sets
there are so many glowing clownsuit faggots now, it's gotten so much worse
you can't walk through a zone without seeing at least 3 glowing deviant art OCs

Gw2 is still one of the best “current” MMOs, the updates have added lots of content and the new “master professions” or whatever mean that each class has like 5 different “archetypes” to choose from now. You can have one class and potentially swap between tanking, dps, and healing just by gearing and swapping spevs/skills appropriately. The story is still absolute shit but the open world pve blows WoW and ffxiv out of the water, the PvP is pretty nuts too but super hard to get into. Given that it’s buy to play I don’t really get the bad rap it’s gotten, I definitely believe gw1 was better but they’re such different games that idk if that’s relevant aside from the story. I’ve always been a fan the franchises horizontal progression, it’s nice being able to just enjoy the game and be able to log off for months at a time without worrying about whether or not my gear will still be relevant if I hop back on. ffxiv is still a better game imo but mostly because I like the story and raid formats way better.

I've also played both and I'm surprised you think GW2's expansions are something to be proud of

I remember GW1 as one of the most stable and well optimized games I've ever laid my hands on. That shit ran perfectly on a fucking petnium 3 toaster niggah.

sex with asura

Both good

Attached: monke.png (166x185, 55.66K)

they wouldn't have sex with brainlet ape races

I want to go home bros

It's way more streamlined and casual and it takes massive, heaping shits on the GW1 lore

GW1 server is still up and will remain up for the rest of time since they cost practically nothing to maintain

GW1
Multiclassing
huge amount of skills so build diversity was incredible
4 weapon sets to swap between on demand. every class can use every weapon
Instanced zones so while lacking in the massive department, each player had to pull their weight
AI was very intelligent and still some of the best AI you will find in videogames today, Hard Mode also increases the speed at which the AI reacts so AoE was less effective simply because the AI was smart enough to avoid standing in it. Also the AI can kite you in this game
Enemies used the same abilities as players with very few exceptions, so anything the NPC's could do the players could also do, this even lead to the Devs using some of the best PVE builds players came up with and giving them to the AI.
Some of the best PVP to ever grace the MMO scene

GW2
no multiclassing
severe lack of skills, many skills tied to specific weapons
Weapon swap is limited to 2 weapon sets, has a lengthy 10s cooldown, not every class can use every weapon.
PvE and WvW are plagued by zerg based content, just click the commander tag, follow the zerg, spam 1
AI is braindead (the 2nd beta weekend had a much more intelligent AI that avoided AoE/etc, but they removed it because people complained you had to CC enemies)
Generic enemies are boring and predictable, you fight 1 centaur you've fought every centaur they all do the same shit.
Some of the worst PVP to grace the MMO scene.

to GW2's credit, it has the best autoloot mechanic of any mmo, it has incredible quality of life.
The mounts were fun until you realize all the more modern maps are filled with enemies designed to dismount you so they quickly became a chore and they basically just powercreeeped on them with the infinite flight dragon, where as the Griffon was a cool secret unlock and took skill to use effectively.
That and they just started to force you to constantly dismount and remount a different mount to access specific areas.

go outside more, lab rat
there's smart hoomies out there

>GW1 OG players claim that 2 is trash

1 is largely unique, it's action-oriented, team-based, highly strategic game, and it focuses largely on PvP. 2 is a standard MMO.

It's like comparing Warcraft 3 and World of Warcraft and saying "they're the same game!", they just share the same setting, and even then the setting changed.

That's why free to play and other cash shop games suck. Eventually they start designing things that dont fit into the fantasy theme at all. Immersion totally ruined.

a solid mmo plagued by devs that have the potential to make fantastic systems and content but usually deliver mediocre to poorly guided content.

>mounts were fun
Mounts were a mistake and I will never forgive them about going back on their promise to not include them.

>make sequel and build upon the first game
>people just call it a rehash with gimmicks

FIND ME SOME HEROES WITH ATTITUDE

Attached: gw032.jpg (1920x1080, 881.93K)

old good new bad
I'm not joking, the games are so different they shouldn't even be compared (one isn't a MMO for a start) but people will compare random things that obviously aren't the same because it's not the same kind of game to begin with, this shit's is so disingenuous and everyone can do it, look:

GW1
>not a MMO
>no jumping
>no mounts
>shit and ugly open world with mobs spread randomly like it's a korean MMO
>only one race
>static combat with rooted skills
>click to move lmao

GW2
>actually is a MMO
>jumping
>mounts
>great looking open world with lot of verticality, secrets, mobs placed where it makes sense
>multiple races each with their own story quest
>very dynamic combat where movement is everything
>complete freedom of movement, even while attacking and generally the best MMO in that regard

Am I cool yet?
I don't even hate GW1, I've played it to death and replayed it after a few years of GW2 to refresh my memory on the story since GW2 was going full on bringing back that GW1 lore at some point.
I don't lie to myself just to fit in.

>shit and ugly open world with mobs spread randomly like it's a korean MMO
Are you for fucking real? The art is flawless and holds even today, and enemy groups were carefully placed and largely balanced throughout the years.

Even if was being a bit disingenuous writing all of this, I'm sure the people who started playing GW1 today will feel that way.
Unless they come from FFXIV which is literally shit and ugly with randomly placed mobs.
Defending the GW1 map designs after all these years takes up all of my nostalgia.

Next xpansion release date announcement February 1st!

Attached: home.jpg (2500x1245, 1.02M)

>zoom
obsessed and rent free.