Prove you're not an XIV cultist

Post your critiques of this SWMOERPA (Somewhat multiplayer online erotic role playing anime)

Attached: 1643266111041.jpg (1200x955, 240.14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

arch.b4k.co/v/search/image/pmlziDXcHRTTbQCppnJZAg/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Everyone reply to this post how you want OP to die.

WoW died. FFXIV won. OSRS won. Sneed.

Oh man I love how weebs got rekt so hard. They actually thought this would be their time to shine. But XIV died so fast. Now they're all in full copium that Asmon will ever return to XIV, everyone's over it lmao.
>h-h-he's just waiting for the mainstream to play the story!!!! he'll come back....he promised!!!

>OMG U GOTTA RESPECT MY PEDOSEXUALITY!!!1

Sure. The way BLU works seems fucked.
>here's a spellbook, find the spells!
>except we won't tell you what the spells are, or what monster drops them, only a vague location (zone/duty)
>and the only way you'll know if a spell can be learned is if you learn it
>and you can't learn every spell, or even learn the same spell from a creature other than the one we want you to learn it from
>and it's not guaranteed that you'll learn the spell when you see it, so if you didn't get anything from a monster then maybe you need to kill the same monster half a dozen to a dozen times
>how do you find out what spells to learn? Look it up online!
>what, that's cheap and you don't want to do that? Then kill every enemy in a zone a dozen times and hope that it drops!
>what do you mean this isn't fun?

Attached: 1571082131333.png (639x749, 981.38K)

I mainly play it because I really like my character, although I do like the world, music, and other various parts of the game (triple triad, housing, crafting, etc).
Combat is OK.
Still waiting for the story to get good (still doing ARR patch quests).
Wish my friends were interested in the game. I'm too shy to play with people I don't know

Attached: cat_punch.jpg (828x991, 155.46K)

Fish eyes costs way too much GP to be ever useful. How the fuck is a 60 second timer that lets me get one or maximum two chances to catch the rare fish I am after when the rate it bites is like 1/50 or something.

The literal main theme of the game tells you what to do.
"Look to those who walked before, to lead those who walk after."
I'm sorry you're too retarded for BLU.

Their design team for the overworld isn't as good as many other MMOs, fishing and gathering is boring and unengaging, I do not like how grindy FATE farming is, and I think there needs to be more design freedom with jobs such as a talent system like WoW has for classes. That being said, it's still the best conventional MMO out there today, although I've burned out and feel basically done with it. I'd recommend it to anyone who likes traditional tab-targeting MMOs for a good 800-1000 hours of entertainment and socializing.

Attached: ffxiv_dx11_2021-12-01_13-14-16-1.jpg (1920x1080, 735.57K)

people talk about ERP and whatever on FFXIV and honestly i have not seen it.
Probably because i pretty much only play solo.
Why is it so hard to make online friends?

>Still waiting for the story to get good (still doing ARR patch quests).
It's not going to bro

The story sucks and straight characters like Cid act like incompetent idiots

Never played it or even loaded it up in my ps4 or any other gaming device
That goes for any other online game that isnt mh or crappy alien left 4 dead wannabe game i got for $16

People who are fun to be friends with already have irl friends, and the people who are looking for internet friends are social cue impaired, annoying and clingy. Only hope is to find a friend who you share a fringe interest with and start a friendship over that.

the only reason i would ever play this disgusting second life clone excuse for an MMO is if i wanted a shut in socially anxious hapa gf

which probably will end up happening some day anyway because every white woman i date end up being uppity extroverted shrews who demand total compliance and i just dont have the patience to take some basic bitch scented candle shopping at bed bath and beyond every weekend for the rest of my life. the hapa chicks with social anxiety seem far more manageable and dont demand i spend my days off doing endless stupid bullshit

i dont have a lot of friends IRL. I have a few and i also have a few people i know well.
Its only this year that i managed to get into a chatroom

>the only reason i would ever play this disgusting second life clone excuse for an MMO is if i wanted a shut in socially anxious hapa gf
Wait how do you get one on XIV? The only one I know is gay

>mmo overworld
None, absolutely none of them are good user, they all have repeat stock buildings most of which you can't even enter, and generic terrain full of generic enemies and npcs

Do you mean asking other people in game? Sure, I could do that, but why bother asking people when I could just google it instead? There's basically no difference. This isn't like a game that gives you clues or information where you can deduce the answer yourself, looking it up there is cheating.
Or let me put it another way: where do I find spell 43? Spell 17?

also because you have more in common with said chicks,
>social anxiety
>gaming/internet addiction.
>/etc.

What the fuck are you talking about

I hate XIV and think it's niche but as a former mental health counselor the post you responded to looks like schizophrenia

If you are actually interested in BLU you will need to know other BLU mages at some point, you cannot clear the job solo and you cannot clear it relying on non-BLU help.
As for figuring out where the spells are, if you're talking day one, just use your brain and figure it out.
If it's not the first hour that BLU has released I literally don't know WHAT you're complaining about, like you said, Google has all the answers.

I dont have social anxiety and I hardly play video games. But that doesn't mean I want to spend my weekends ball room dancing and holding bags while some hoe goes shopping in strip malls and doing other gay pointless emasculated bullshit. I have based hobbies and interests, like dungeons and dragons and HAM radio

As the former king of the mental health foundations of the EU, I declare that you're a tranny and your brain is all kinds of fucked.

daily ffxiv seethe thread I see

The netcode of this game will forever be dogshit, the way everything is delayed is actually so embarrassing you don't need to look any further to shit on this game. Retarded nips should juts slap XIValexander in their launcher, it would improve combat drastically.
Idk man or comes down to luck. I made my best online friends through /vg/ funnily enough, but was lucky enough to meet some in game by just being outgoing and playing hard content with the same guys.

Attached: 1641573949120m.jpg (696x1024, 66.07K)

I have 1k hours so I probably know what I'm talking about
>absolute trash fire base game
>shit story pacing
>stale content cycle
>leveling anything is a fucking chore
>garbage pvp
>boring gathering and crafting jobs

How low are you on the societal totem pole that you think counselors are like rare mythical kings?

I just play RuneScape.

Simple as.

Why did you put 1k hours into a game you hate?

I don't recall saying I hated the game, every game has flaws and I listed FF14's

XIV viewers think if you think there's anything wrong with their anime then you must hate it and be a "chud" named "Barry"

You listed pretty much all the content in the game and called it shit. You never went so far as to explain why any of it was shit, you just called it all shit.
What do you like about the game?

Pic related relevant as always

Attached: Cult.png (1834x134, 51.03K)

protip: they're all the same

the servers were opened up again and now retard secondaries can get in the game again

>Why yes, I do pretend to hate XIV because it's community is shit and their players are so obsessed that they consider slights against the game as personal attacks on themselves, how could you tell?

Attached: gigachad.jpg (1068x601, 65.13K)

>ShB/EW are not good xpacs
>most of the visuals in this game are ugly as hell (besides ARR)
>the new dungeons (everything after ARR) are ugly and not hiding the hallways
>Sokens soundtrack is mediocre and FFXIV needs more ambience soundtrack
>most of the story is bad written and too stretched
>you can't play this game without GShade
>the movement is not fluid
>the pvp is shit because skill animations and delay
>8 man raids are just glorified trials with story cutscenes no real raids
>Titan is still the only good trial which has a fluid gameplay
>less content each xpac
>worst glamour system of all MMOs

I'm just here for housing and socializing with my FC mates that I know since 2.0.

Attached: 2021-12-04_11-36-24-403_Alive 4.0.1 Fantasy.png (1920x1080, 2.74M)

act like a retard get called a retard

Oh it's the lunatic and his daily xiv thread. Same post. Same picture. Every time.

>What? A critique thread on MY FOURCHAN? Everything is positive on Any Forums!! Now, let me make sure there's 5 pro-XIV threads up on every video game board at all times... oh, and it's time to call on my discord 'friends' to raid GW2 and WoW and FFXI threads ... heh.

>hunt train
>call music shit or mention WoW or some shit
>chat flares in an orange chorus of seethe

Attached: 1640244699501.png (599x596, 391K)

When will the malera groomer meme end?

Is this Pokemon Legends?

Tank design and especially healer design are trash.
The dev team is deathly afraid of any job having any kind of complexity and keeps dumbing down and homogenizing everything.

Once people realize that hrothgar have more groomers per capita.

Keep the (YOU)s coming you loon.

Attached: 7f96a441a09ec39bd4344f90657d6145.jpg (1000x1319, 493.16K)

Nope. It's the cave in labyrinthos.

Same with patience II

Why do XIV viewers view these threads as personal attacks on them? Do they feel like they have to defend Yoship's honor like Elon Musk and Bill Gates fans? I don't get it. WoW and ESO critique threads aren't like this.

>As for figuring out where the spells are, if you're talking day one, just use your brain and figure it out.
Figure what out, though? As far as I'm aware BLU can take any spell (not EVERY spell but any spell), so there's nothing to figure out except "any cast that an enemy does might be learnable", which means if I want to find the spells without relying on others/google I have to brute force it and fight every monster in every zone multiple times, which is a mindless grind.
>If it's not the first hour that BLU has released I literally don't know WHAT you're complaining about, like you said, Google has all the answers.
Then why obfuscate the spells and not just tell you which ones you need to learn in game? I'm not saying it's difficult as it currently is or that I'm unable to do it, I'm saying it's poorly designed - it's my critique like the OP asked, and I've yet to see any good explanation or defense of the system.

Attached: DxP9YR4UcAA39lG.jpg (1024x722, 125.6K)

>critique
Read the thread. Calling things shit or bad or ugly or boring isn't critique, those are just conclusions. If you don't explain how you reached your conclusion you're not critiquing anything, you're just shitposting.
Anyone can call something shit but to understand why it's shit you need to actually play the game.

People say the game is balanced but seem to ignore that they practically remake classes each expansion because they dont know what the fuck they're doing. MCH is garbage BRD is garbage DRK is garbage AST is good but they keep changing it every expansion MNK changes every expansion ETC. Healers had everything taken from them and were reduced to 1 damage and 1 dot.

Holy meltdown batman

>Why do XIV viewers view these threads as personal attacks on them?

citation needed

>WoW
Funny, there's one dedicated retard who froths and dilates every time people call out WoW's shit design choices over the past 6 years.
>ESO
these don't exist you disingenuous nigga lmao

This entire thread

>Funny, there's one dedicated retard who froths and dilates every time people call out WoW's shit design choices over the past 6 years
So there's one WoW player who acts like every XIV viewer?

>I've yet to see any good explanation or defense of the system.
I already told you, and you ignored my explanation.
BLU is set up such that you feel required to engage with the BLU mage community sooner rather than later because you cannot do the high end BLU content without their help, so hiding the spells gives you an entry level reason to talk to them too. It's similar to the quests in Eureka or Bozja that don't have markers to force you to involve yourself with their communities also.
With these kinds of side content the devs try not to hold your hand as much as in MSQ because they need you to stand on your own two feet or clearing everything will be impossible.

Attached: 1571405370671.jpg (750x1000, 137.13K)

This edit sucks. Post the old one, faggot.

I'm a momodi cultist all praise momodi

Attached: momodi.jpg (750x700, 298.38K)

Yeah and I buttfucked him in Battle for Gilneas, nigga ran off a cliff instead of fighting lmao.

The one thing OSRS and XIV have in common is a smallish dev team with a clear direction that regularly interacts with the playerbase. I would say the dev team at Square is obviously much larger than Jagex but the XIV dev team is lead by a small group of people who actively tailor the game's direction.

Also, Jagex regularly hires people from the community. Many of the quests and encounters in OSRS were designed by fans of the game that were hired as interns.

The WoW dev team is like 3 million people who probably don't even play the game and their only vague idea of what people enjoy about WoW is raids. Internal shakeups due to the recent allegations were the nail in the coffin, any semblance of community that was built in the dev team was thrown at the window when half of the devs were effectively fired or shuffled around for being disgusting freaks.

>a smallish dev team
XIV IS A SMALL INDIE COMPANY PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT IT HAS NO CONTENT

I'm not melting down, just explaining to anyone new to Any Forums how to spot shills or zealots. They never talk about substance.

Why is Any Forums full of schizophrenics who always think a game they don't like being popular is some forn of conspiracy or discord raid? How should we go about killing Any Forums users most efficiently?

I didn't say that retard.

Just by giving it attention you are having a "melt down". Don't bother trying to argue with it.

300+ in house is not small.

>when half of the devs were effectively fired or shuffled around for being disgusting freaks.
Yeah, straight men are the fucking worst. How dare they flirt with women.

Based.

Attached: 1633673782216.jpg (518x1024, 85.69K)

t. lactation room milk thief and registered sex offender

I cannot understand or comprehend how someone can still play WoW without being mentally damaged. A quick look at any one dev's twitter (having one in the first place is a red flag) will quickly reveal how much contempt these cunts have for their payers.

Lalafell connoisseurs assemble

Attached: FHPyjQ-VgAEwTp0.jpg (1920x1080, 163.39K)

300 gets pretty small when you realize 295 of those people are just following orders from like 5 people who know what they're doing and know what the playerbase wants.

The reason WoW is shit is because there's no sense of direction and the devs have no fucking clue why people enjoy the game in the first place besides "raids are fun".

Attached: 1627476998022.webm (1088x622, 1.38M)

I've been playing XIV for nearly 3 years now, I enjoy it a lot, but I don't think you're right. I'm the poster in this thread with the BLU critique and I assure you I do not think this game is by any means perfect, nor do I think criticisms are a personal attack.
Other issues: I dislike the trend towards narrow corridors for dungeons, I genuinely wish we would have more open/random dungeons with puzzles to solve or platforming challenges, and not just "pull mobs until you hit gate, AOE to death, repeat". I wish the game had more content that encouraged group play while not just hiding shit from you to force you to look it up. Old MMO techniques like that no longer work in an age where everyone has a smart phone or google on a second screen and can instantly look up solutions - proper multiplayer content works by enforcing cooperation.
It doesn't do what you're saying it does, is what I'm saying - when googling a list of BLU spells is such an easy (mindless) task, how does that encourage teamwork?
The game does do things like you say, with quests that require you to work out the answers, like the broom quest in HW or the Sharlayan riddles in EW, and I genuinely enjoyed those quests since they weren't just 'follow the marker'. BUT, and here's the important part, they gave me the resources to solve them myself. I got given clues, and then had to use my brain to deduce the answers. If they had just said "oh there's three NPCs you need to find, good luck!" and then I had to either look up online what the answer was or talk to every NPC multiple times to solve it, it would have sucked. And THAT is what the BLU spellbook is, it's a crossword with no clues.

Attached: 1519163302994.jpg (720x495, 32.71K)

Calm down. Slow breaths now

>who know what they're doing and know what the playerbase wants.
They playerbase wants nothing. They just eat every shit up since SB+ and praise it.

Attached: 1638726619590.gif (374x288, 2.93M)

I never rp-ed.
I barely talked to anyone.
I never saw a tranny.
I play in EU on a small pop server named Twintania.
I have over 700 hours in the game.

What mod is this? GShade? And why are the animations so good?

Its from 1.0

>It doesn't do what you're saying it does
Okay I don't know what else to tell you, you asked what the intent is and that's the intent. If you ignore that and go out of your way to do you're own thing you're going to struggle whenever you need to clear 4/8/24m content on your BLU.
Good luck to you I guess?
I think I just don't understand what your problem is here, either the spellbook is a non-issue because you can google it or it's a stepping stone into the BLU community, so what's actually your problem here?

The XIV playerbase is overwhelmingly positive about the state of the game. Yoshida or whatever that japs name is makes it very clear that they have a general idea of what no content will be like going forward. The dev team has said numerous times they're not going to accommodate WoWfugees by splitting focus between PvE and PvP. Etc etc. Regardless of what you think about the game, it has a general direction for future content.

WoW on the other hand irreversibly fucked up half of its systems (primarily gear drops by implementing the retarded Diablo-style RNG loot) and has spent the last 4 or 5 expansions desperately trying to salvage what they fucked up while simultaneously not knowing how to unfuck the game and focusing all of their time on raid content.

WoW players struggle to comprehend the idea of people actually enjoying the game they play.

Fuck off already arch.b4k.co/v/search/image/pmlziDXcHRTTbQCppnJZAg/

>and you can't learn every spell, or even learn the same spell from a creature other than the one we want you to learn it from
wrong

>I think I just don't understand what your problem is here, either the spellbook is a non-issue because you can google it or it's a stepping stone into the BLU community, so what's actually your problem here?
I'm saying that it's poorly thought out and not actually any fun as far as gameplay goes. It's a critique, like I said. If they intended for the player to work with other BLU mages, then make that clear and do something to actively encourage cooperation rather than do nothing. I don't get why BLU is treated any differently to the rest of the content in the game in that regard.

Leaked XIV changes to ARR:
Yoshida and the team want to look back at smoothing some of the rougher edges of ARR now that endwalker has released. Of primary concern is castrum/praetorium.
The plan is to in 6.1 make the cutscenes skippable again to hopefully alleviate people leaving castrum, as they prepare to overhaul both.
Castrum will be removed and reworked into a solo instance.
Praetorium is being reworked into a 4 person dungeon, with Gaius as the final boss.
Ultima Weapon will become a normal trial, and Lahabrea will be a solo instance battle.
Additionally, changes will be made to alliance roulette so taking off your clothes doesnt guarantee a CT raid

>zenos haters

Attached: 1640311260251.jpg (645x631, 135.76K)

>If you are not shittalking this game I don't like with me then you are a cultist
Eat shit OP

literally me

Really, can you learn anything a monster casts?

You're not listening to reason.

That sounds like a good change.

Why would you say that?

haw haw haw le oomer
and witha wojak pic haw haw haw
haw haw haw haw haw haw haw haw haw haw haw haw haw haw haw haw haw haw haw haw haw haw haw haw

love the game, but from the top of my head
>races are all pretty boring and the older ones like miqo'te look really bad quality-wise compared to viera for example
>pugilist to monk is dumb, i just wanna punch shit, not find inner peace
>rogue to ninja is dumb, i don't wanna be a weeb
>samurai is the only sword-using melee dps, again, don't want to be a weeb, just a sword-using melee dps
>aether currents suck
>leveling jobs mostly suck
>end-of-the-world scenarios are played out in the msq, and i'm not sure they are able to do Heavensward-like, more grounded type of story anymore
>overworlds are completely empty, which makes going through msq as a sprout pretty lonely when there's absolutely no one to interact with, or even feel that this is an mmo
>role play quests suck
>glamour system sucks big fuck
>side quest rewards are pitiful
>bad/stiff (facial) animations really ruin the mood on emotional cutscenes

alone in a filthy room

keep posting same thread keep getting my same image

Attached: xiv criticism.png (1358x1014, 243.3K)

You keep contradicting your own dislikes of the system, you don't like it because it doesn't tell you exactly what to do, but you also admit it can be easily Googled. You say there's no reason for it to be this way, but that's only because you don't solved your first complaint. You say they should design the system to bring BLUs together but that's literally the thing you're complaining about, you only see it as a problem because you haven't accepted it in the first place.
Basically you aren't even trying to engage with the system at all, and you're complaining about it anyway.

God I hate XIV and weebs so fucking much it's unreal
Five fucking threads about this dogshit game already

only real and true comments in this thread

Attached: 1636610755041.gif (220x235, 388.1K)

i agree with most of this but

>end-of-the-world scenarios are played out in the msq, and i'm not sure they are able to do Heavensward-like, more grounded type of story anymore

simply not true- the end of EW sets up the next few expansions to be sole-focused stories, now that everything's wrapped up.

they will never get back so simple and grounded scenarios like 1.X and early ARR.
Now everything is a strange mix between endless blah blah and shounen shit.

Attached: 81AwzJiNrHL._SX342_.jpg (342x431, 51.04K)

is this a pablo thread

not sure why you care a man is getting prime teen pussy, but you be you

First off, apologies, I'm not very good at arguing my points.
>You keep contradicting your own dislikes of the system, you don't like it because it doesn't tell you exactly what to do, but you also admit it can be easily Googled.
It's not that I want it to tell me exactly what to do, that's only slightly better than it is now. I'm saying that if finding BLU spells is meant to be some kind of challenge, then it should be achievable without having to google it (ask other people) or brute force it. A good example of this is the sightseeing log for ARR, or the quests I mentioned - they give you just enough to go on that you can feasibly deduce what to do. Right now you just get a zone or duty, which in my opinion doesn't narrow it down enough to make finding the spell anything but a chore, or a nothing if you decide to google it instead.
>You say they should design the system to bring BLUs together but that's literally the thing you're complaining about, you only see it as a problem because you haven't accepted it in the first place.
I'm arguing, or trying to argue anyway, that the spellbook doesn't bring BLUs together as it is now, because you don't have to interact with people to complete it. If you can bypass the 'interacting with people' thing, then it fails to do that.
Does that make sense? I'm sorry if I'm not being clear.

Are you claiming FFT or other FF’s told you where to get the spells the moment you got the job?

No?

Gosh all those classic loved games must have been awful, and how dare they mimic that like they’ve done with every part of the game

Again this is why I say you're not listening to reason, you keep ignoring it and cycling back to your own flawed preconceptions of how you want the system to work instead of looking at how the system does and was designed to work instead.
Sightseeing is completely different because there's no high end sightseeing that the game is trying to guide you towards. You're comparing apples to oranges here.
> the spellbook doesn't bring BLUs together as it is now, because you don't have to interact with people to complete it.
Again this is still a failure of yours to interact with the systems, I'm telling you what it was designed for and you're saying "But I can do it differently and ultimately make things harder for myself later on because I didn't make friends with any BLU mages and now I can't do anything with all these spells I got because I need 7 other BLU mages."
You're complaining that the system doesn't bring people together because you won't engage with the system and then you're complaining that the system has no purpose because you won't engage with the system.
I'm telling you that the problem isn't the system here but your stubborn refusal to engage with it.

woodchipper

All I'm going to say is this game is for low t trannys. I won't elaborate, fuck you faggots.

I'm not talking about those games though, I'm talking about FFXIV. I've not played any of the other FF games, and fine if those games work like that, but I don't have any interest in playing those games, I'm talking about the game that in almost every other aspect gives you clear objectives or signposts things properly and doesn't require prior knowledge of the series.
>You're complaining that the system doesn't bring people together because you won't engage with the system and then you're complaining that the system has no purpose because you won't engage with the system.
I'm saying the game doesn't make it clear that you'll want to ask others, and since googling the answer is always easier than asking someone else in-game or otherwise, it isn't fit for purpose.

>multiplayer game requires a community effort to figure something out
wow no fuckign way

i think servers differ massively in this regard. if you want more roleplay, go to a roleplay server.

Does this grooming shit actually even happen?
My experience with this game was that all people who play it are on autopilot single player mode in their own bubbles.
If they were replaced with bots it wouldn't even make a difference.

>2 solo instances
Nice change for newbies.
It would've been nice if they retained 2 dungeons, though. I often wished we got more 8 person dungeons.

That stuff is better when it's stuff you need to DO with others. You can't google a raid boss - or rather, you can look up a guide but that won't mean you can achieve it by yourself, you still need others to play it with.
Wikis and google have long since replaced asking people.

Yes, but whether they can actually write some good sole-focused stories is another thing entirely. Now they actually have to figure out how to create tension and drama without a ticking doomsday clock in the background. Regardless, I hope we get two expansions that'll stay more grounded until yet another doomsday scenario starts up again.

never happened to me but i'm not a trannoid who plays a catgirl or a bunnygirl so i'm probably not a target for them anyway

Probably depends on the server. Some are (erotic) roleplay focused, some are more gameplay challenge focused.

how do you think those guides get made, retard? it's not anyones fault but your own that you joined the party years after the community figured shit out.
do you also get mad you spent most of your childhood in school being given knowledge on a silver platter instead of having to figuring out shit from nothing?

So I can meet cute girls in ffxiv?
Cool
What other games are good for meeting new cute girls?