Post weird ports

Post weird ports

Attached: 7774FC9F-7F68-4AA0-97BC-141A5591F481.jpg (960x792, 54.85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Oo0k5HsBm-g
youtu.be/qKDEP7QsVRw
youtube.com/watch?v=7HAyShZw6mM
youtube.com/watch?v=v9VimyYk-0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=wKD-Jc6tJuA
youtube.com/watch?v=4XiUvMowedA
youtu.be/qrFb4YlmvHE
fabiensanglard.net/another_world_polygons_SNES/index.html).
youtube.com/watch?v=RBh-vBFeegs&t=140s
youtube.com/watch?v=vtfvsH6ZcCU
youtube.com/watch?v=R-dRU4KJJuI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This was my introduction to Doom

Attached: DOOM---Super-Nintendo.jpg (768x768, 52.25K)

Attached: Spider-Man-and-Venom-Maximum-Carnage.jpg (1000x1000, 59.85K)

youtu.be/Oo0k5HsBm-g
PS2 Port of Insurgency Sandtstorm

youtu.be/qKDEP7QsVRw

Attached: Tomb raider.jpg (1200x675, 82.32K)

>hahaha

Why are coloured carts so cool?

Attached: Killer-Instinct-Super-Nintendo-SNES-Cartridge-Only-Play-Tested-VG-283911017017.jpg (768x1024, 132.75K)

starcraft on N64

I'm sorry

You done and spellt colored wrong euro boy.
Its spoult

>BRO WHAT IF I JUST PIXILATED THE VIDEO TO HELL
Fucking unfunny, low-effort trash.

>pal version
what a stupid fucking faggot

As a boy I played this and remember it being one of the best games ever. But in RE4 discussion this port gets laughed at, and no one ever elaborates on why it's trash.

Attached: 1635482149581.jpg (1066x1500, 161.63K)

Attached: maxresdefault(36).jpg (1280x720, 132.44K)

Attached: 4734203364_c5bd37a02f_z.jpg (451x640, 204.28K)

I also played RE4 on PS2 and never understood the hate. Maybe it was because the Wii version had better controls? Frankly I'm not so sure myself.

I wouldn't know why either, I played both this and the gamecube version and didn't notice any glaring flaws between the two.

Is that real?

b8 opinion since there's no way you haven't checked YouTube by now to satisfy your curiosity.

it's just uglier than the GC version
that's pretty much it

It wasn't so bad but I later found out what I was missing when I played the PC version

even tho it never got released i think its weird they were gonna a fps on a controller like the dreamcast

Attached: Gearboxphotos-3-scaled.jpg (2560x1707, 738.33K)

wtf is this real? serious responses only.

same, and at the time it was great.

It plays fine. It was like 90% complete, just missing polish and a handful of textures, the bugs and shit from the dreamcast version were fixed for the ps2 release so you could probably expect it would have just been that, if it were released.

We should bring back cartridges in the form of USB, discs are retarded.
>b-b-but it costs too much!
Then make it a "special edition" and charge more. Just stop making discs.

mostly just worse graphics

A shame mania didn't come out on Wii u.
Hell, it should've come out on 3ds too

>PS2 So good it was still getting games by the time Piss4 came out
Will it ever be dethroned?

Attached: fifu.jpg (878x1254, 190.2K)

Sorry for what? Our daddy taught us not to be ashamed of our 16-bits.

>tomb raider
I saw naruto ninja running

IIRC, it was largely because the PS2 version looked worse than the Gamecube. It was missing post-processing effects, worse textures, and replaces in-game cutscenes with FMVs. I think the sound was also very compressed compared to it. The PS2 version did have extras that the Gamecube didn't however.

You're projecting. I would much rather read some autist's rundown on here than listen to some sperg with a speech impediment's 90 minute video essay on the subject.

DC had keyboard and mouse. No one played Quake3/UT on DC without the KB/mouse, and HL would have been the same.
Also, says the kids who played shit like Goldeneye on the N64 with the worst goddamn fucking controller ever, and not just for FPS.

>serious responses only
I'm gonna find you and gut you like a fucking fish you little piece of shit

Attached: jsr gba.jpg (3066x1368, 2.43M)

Attached: 1642589579936.webm (400x500, 350.5K)

Yeah. So are these.

Attached: 75627553_2488120561468333_3266607715652206592_n[1].jpg (960x716, 74.14K)

what different animals to hunt does blue and yellr have from red?

Attached: s-l1600 (3).jpg (1600x1443, 336.73K)

you know in japan they had a version called Green Mean Intervene II

youtube.com/watch?v=7HAyShZw6mM

Blue has blue whales you can hunt in the sea and yellow has the sun

really? EA sports shovelware about sand niggers is the game people keep citing when arguing ps2 isn't retro?

jesus fucking christ. Pier Solar is more of a real sega cd game that fifa fucking 14 is a real ps2 game.

youtube.com/watch?v=v9VimyYk-0Y
The N3DS Warriors titles run like dog shit.

THIS is a fucking oddity
youtube.com/watch?v=wKD-Jc6tJuA

Attached: tony-hawk-s-pro-skater-4-playstation-front-cover.jpg (800x786, 152.52K)

Yes really. That's a real PS2 game.

well, it ain't real enough that the ps2 ain't retro

Attached: Resident_Evil_2_-_Game.com_back_cover.jpg (422x600, 96.75K)

>Brazilians are the reason the pis2 sold so much
The Absolute State of Play

Attached: n64_starcraft_64_p_npj0b6.jpg (2098x1528, 769.36K)

Speaking of RE4, this one really does just reuse a bunch of shit from it.

Attached: wii_dead_rising_chop_til_you_drop_p_7uwaux.jpg (1000x1411, 864.5K)

>Long ass loading screens
>Game looks like someone smudged peanut butter on the screen

It's still a great game which was made even better when played on a PS3 with backwards compatibility

I'm the RE4 user, and it's funny you post Chop Till You Drop, because that was my only experience with Dead Rising. It was very fun

>COD on the DS
>An FPS game in a console with only 1 fucking stick
I want whatever the retards at Activision and EA had when they thought to do this

Attached: fps.jpg (2142x1344, 776.77K)

Are those weird switch cartridges or something?

Attached: 0284.jpg (498x500, 61.75K)

Attached: kimura.jpg (4316x2174, 1.5M)

Worked for goldeneye

Capcom somehow managed to fit both Leon and Claire's scenarios, included all the FMVs, and the only thing that was missing from this release was the Extreme Battle mode. Same goes for Mega Man Legends 64. It included EVERYTHING from the original PS1 release plus Anti-Aliasing. 90's Capcom were fucking insane.

Attached: 2604938778_2d9d90f51e_o.jpg (1632x1224, 805.05K)

Attached: Tiger_-_Sonic_2.jpg (600x491, 95.34K)

Never let someone tell you that a game you enjoyed isn't fun.

Too bad MM64 runs like ass. Angel Studios helped with the RE2 port. I think it's missing a couple zombies and the graphics are worse across the board, but it's a damn fine port.

This was one of the only two times in human history where the PC version of a game ended up looking significantly worse than the console version. The Incredible Hulk (2008) movie game.

The other time was the Spider-Man 2 movie game.

Attached: The_Incredible_Hulk_Gameplay_Win-25[1].jpg (1280x720, 160.68K)

isnt the story behind this port fucking insane and an actual feat in video game development

Aiming with the stylus is great

Xbox 360 version for comparison

Attached: 0c3f2212f6fc54702e869bed631eef4d-1200-80[1].jpg (1200x675, 157.71K)

Gameboy Color version of Dragon's Lair. No, it's not a version of what came out for other consoles (the crappy platformer), an actual attempt to do almost all of the laserdisk game using pixelated backgrounds and sprites.
It was weird how it almost fucking worked. DL is fucking shit to begin with, but you gotta admire the balls of the devs trying to make it fucking work on a goddamn GBC.

youtube.com/watch?v=4XiUvMowedA

Attached: 9584b88413.jpg (600x521, 63.31K)

whats weird about this?

Did anyone play this

Attached: 1642450099969.png (1500x1060, 1.57M)

>coloured
Carts of color, user. It's 2022

It was my gateway into PC gaming after discovering all the shit that was in the PC version and not the console version

Yes, a team of 20 employees from Capcom Studio 3, Angel Studio, and Factor 5 co-developed the N64 port of the game with a budget of $1 million dollars. By compressing audio, FMVs, backgrounds, and modifying models it was somehow possible to fit a gigantic two 700 MB discs on one 64 MB cart. The N64 version also has some exclusive content that has not seen the light of day in any other port, not even the GCN one, such as the Ex Files, exclusive alternate costumes, surround sound, higher quality music, and more. It was an impossible port yet they made it work.

Attached: 201876133318_1.jpg (620x604, 29.12K)

They had a lot of wizards working with the N64.

What was even stranger was that Nintendo published it. Same with command and conquer 64.

>A save from this port fills up your memory card
God damn

SEGA was really into making gba versions of their dreamcast games. There was this, space channel 5 and crazy taxi too. I remember this one being fun.

It's actually really good, the only real flaw is the lack of music variety

Attached: Max Payne GBA.jpg (640x640, 79.89K)

You need an entire memory card to save your game.

Isn't that a bug? Same thing happened with Constructor.

The weirdest part is that I genuinely found it more fun than the PS360 and PC game.
It's the same plot and gameplay but the levels are restructured and there's some additional modes that let you play against other jedi and such, pretty fun.

Attached: 1621819563615.png (600x600, 302.45K)

Was the wii version any different to the main ones?

Sega was publishing their Genesis games on Windows around this time. mid 90's to mid 2000s was the PC golden age.

The Wii version was just the PSP one, but with the Wiimote controls.

This port shouldnt have been possible at all but its amazing how good the og xbox was.
youtu.be/qrFb4YlmvHE
just watching the xbox with that sluggish frame rate and shitty low res textures gives me bliss about this port

Attached: s-l300.jpg (188x266, 12.43K)

Wow that's very impressive

It just a worse looking port of GC so when you say it's the best port you get rightfully laughed at

Old consoles and custom engines really in general are just fascinating to me. I'm not big into coding or software engineering stuff, but seeing some of the stuff they had to pull out of their ass to eek out another average frame per second is something else entirely.

Reminds me of the oblivion port on PSP. Not nearly as complete as the hl2 on xbox port, but it's fascinating all the same.

woah i never heard of this. was it supposed to be 1 and 1 match port or just like one of those ports like call of duty for the DS?

I guess it's just a port from ps2

every n64 port

Epic

you too

I still play this every once in awhile out of nostalgia even if it's just a gimped version of the PC version.

It just looks worse and all cutscenes are pre-rendered compressed FMV's rather than in-engine. On the Gamecube if you had Leon's RPD outfit for example, he'd have it in all cutscenes and Ada would wear her RE2 outfit.
Also had worse lighting and no shader effects, but tons of extra content that the Wii edition carried over along with the better GC visuals, and then the HD re-releases.

different dev teams are precisely why they'd look worse for the most part.
Like Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2, and one of the 007 games.

It was a developer demo, something developers do to truly stress test a platform. I don't think they were intending to 1:1 an open world, massive game that was struggling to run on the brand new home consoles of the time (and even a lot of PCs to be fair), but the prototype that you can download lets you load into many areas of the world and explore. I think if it were intended to be a real game they probably would have set the open world to load in chunks instead, instead of procedurally. You can see bits and pieces of this in how they load the cities and towns around the game. the imperial city is a good one. You know how it's set into different sectors so the game doesn't break trying to load it all at once. In PSP it's cut in half, it's got twice as many sectors so the PSP can handle it. It's fascinating and I'd highly urge you to download it and try it on ppsspp (or a real PSP if you want, it will run the PSP very hot though because it's literally stress testing the device to the point of damage)

These were truly great times in gaming.
These days we have two engines that are highly scalable but hog up data space and resources for no reason.
UE4 games run like ass on the switch and yet they keep using it for switch games because it's scalable. UE and Unity are resource hogs when most games that use them are hardly even demanding at times.
What also blows my fucking mind is a first party nintendo exclusive, Fire Emblem Three Houses, looks like DOGSHIT on the switch, and yet it still has a god awful framerate despite looking terrible.

TFU on the PSP has online coop game mode

THE FUCKING PSP HAS MULTIPLAYER MODES BUT THE REST DOESNT
JUST WHAT THE FUCK

Ooh you gutless little faggot I'd sure like to punch you

>t. filtered faggot

My friend burned this and I watched him play it while staying over one weekend. I remember the funniest thing being the save file would get ridiculous in size as you played. Now that I think about it I'm not sure if he ever finished it since he had a VMU (those had little space for saves) with other games on it.

>not including the orange one

the DS had 0 sticks

How did they fit 1.5 GB of game into the N64 cartridge?

Why did cartridges die? I've been wondering what could've been if CDs never replaced them. We could've had entire games sold in a filled SSD or some shit. Imagine the amount of game data that you can just plug-and-play by connecting the drive directly to your motherboard.

Attached: images (94).jpg (302x324, 8.13K)

Me.
Bought it on PC first, but I was just curious to see how HL2 would play on console, so I picked it up on X360 for like 20 bucks.

Morrowind for the OG xbox. Microsoft had to work very hard with them to make it work, to the point they had a trick that when you went through intense loading screens it actually turned your console on and off in secret to refresh the memory

Attached: 91Vfm6ZgcrL._AC_SY445_.jpg (334x445, 28.2K)

Optimization. You can condense games very well if you try, you just don't need to anymore because retard consoomers will buy a 200gb game without blinking these days. Back when you had memory cards and shit with mb or maybe gb? You had to worry about that. And half your markets required you to build games differently or more efficiently if you wanted to sell to the different grouos

and it still barely functions considering that when a save file is too large, you start to get dirty disc errors

For sure, don't get me wrong. Just a wild port to have happened at all, especially now that MS owns Beth

Im still surprised how they managed to fit in almost all of the voice acting and the novel cutscenes, uncensored.

PSP had a ton of games with exclusive content for some reason. kingdom hearts BBS has an entire multiplayer mode that just got nuked from every port after. GUN, the wild west open world game has a TON, and I mean like 50-60 extra missions and bounties to do, more open world collectibles, and extra card game tables compared to the console versions. Fuckin wild.

How was the music on this version?

yes, it was and still is the best way to play tf2

Wait seriously? The fuck, I had this exact copy and played the fuck out of morrowind on Xbox. I thought it was just a normal port though, like all the other modern elder scrolls on consoles. Fun times.

They never died, 3ds, vita and switch currently has carts. And all of them suffer from it, since publishers always wants to go with the cheapest option, so you end up with shit like having to download +80gb data on top of having the cart inserted in, or having shit cut from the game because they dont fit in.

Like for example in almost got 60fps out of this world/another world port for snes, but since the publishers said that superFX is too expensive, even the fastrom was too much so we got the sluggish version instead(source: fabiensanglard.net/another_world_polygons_SNES/index.html). So no its good thing CD/DVD/blu-rays took over, as they were MUCH cheaper, and held more data.

Brazilian port of resident evil 4
youtube.com/watch?v=RBh-vBFeegs&t=140s

>Fire Emblem Three Houses
b team game

paying to play online is a joke, the ps3 version is the superior (and more buggy) version of tf2

This is scarier than the original.

>Orange Doorhinge Explorange II

the mission where you eat a storage of porridge in the garage with George kino

It actually backfired them in the ass. PS2 sold well in Brazil because of the massive piracy, so much that it actuall killed the movie and video game rental business in the country five years earlier than in the rest of the world.
It's almost impossible to find original PS1 and PS2 games in the country today, there was never any point in exporting them

It was planned to have a 3DS port by Renegade Kid (Mutant Mudds) but the creators split apart and the project was canceled

stop lying it runs like shit

On a similarly strange note:

Attached: 3CBB70C4-A534-4224-A2EF-4AB497257769.jpg (380x266, 42.95K)

>We live in a timelines where yellr fellr endeavor II isn't a thing

What is the point of even living?

>no way, fag
>ada lets do dinner

boring

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x293, 21.63K)

Attached: B8E11363-1154-4524-B1C6-263E0E3444C4.jpg (739x415, 42.88K)

>Cut up into smaller levels like Invisible War
hmm

>Legacy Edition
that doesn't really count

Java mobile games got wild

Attached: 1623671401843.png (240x260, 87K)

Any “console” game ported to gameboy that isn’t a gameplay conversion is strange.

Attached: DA16C83E-AAD0-402A-923A-FCF18442D2AB.jpg (579x530, 74.52K)

Not a port but pokemon on sega? Wierd

Attached: 7E51DA61-09E5-4883-B9AD-83BD8DDB053E.jpg (632x485, 39.23K)

its why i never got around to beating it. I had to start over twice and after they both wouldn't load i just quit. still a fun game with lots of memories.

Moh heroes was fun. You used triangle circle square etc to aim

Attached: 1160_nintendo_64.jpg (657x458, 49.38K)

All Rayman Gameboy ports are weird
>Rayman GBC is a “port” of Rayman 1, except level aesthetics are taken from Rayman 2
>Rayman Advance is a port of Rayman 1
>Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc (GBA) is based on Rayman 3, except the hoodlums break the heart of the world into 100 lums and all the level aesthetics are taken from Rayman 2 again
>Rayman Hoodlum’s Revenge is a shitty “3D” isometric maze game
>Rayman Raving Rabbids (GBA) is an actual 2D platformer where you fight the Rabbids instead of whatever the Wii version was
>Rayman Origins 3D is a port, except missing the level where you chase the magician Teensy and all lums are worth double

Attached: 095154F0-A7F1-41B8-BAF5-6D6A13C46CE7.jpg (600x600, 161.59K)

>let's port Dodonpachi Daioujou and Ketsui for the Switch and PC on Steam
>it's not the arcade ports, nor the label rereleases
>it's the java mobile phone versions
youtube.com/watch?v=vtfvsH6ZcCU
youtube.com/watch?v=R-dRU4KJJuI

Attached: 2291729-box_ddpdoj.png (506x640, 639.23K)

i read the one on the right as yellow fever endeavor for a second

Every time I see this image I just think of nausicaa.

japs were pretty obsessed with porting shit to IOS in its early life
>Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
>GBA version of SMT
>Baroque (2008 version)
>random Cave shmups
most of them are obviously delisted

also less of a port but there was a Java version of Drakengard

Attached: mhfu1.jpg (1136x640, 828.98K)

compressing cutscenes, removing voice acting, etc

I can one-up you. I have the prototype.

Attached: Diablo-(USA)-(Proto).png (513x458, 317.41K)

It's a Wolfenstein clone that plays nothing like Serious Sam.

Attached: hfrjugbhz9t61.jpg (1490x1490, 415.2K)

>It's almost impossible to find original PS1 and PS2 games in the country today, there was never any point in exporting them
Not really, any used videogame store has some
I swear everytime Any Forums talks about south american game piracy it comes in a romancing or mystic tone, for example
>did you know le sega genesis is still sold to this day? Thats how behind Brazil is! Oooooh
Nigger its just a plug and play, you have those in american markets too

Making the most of very limited resources used to be an absolute art form. There's games from that awkward early 3D period of games on the PS1 and PS2 that still kind of hold up because the devs were absolute masters at using what they had to its limit.

Attached: Eotkj1NWEAABhyw.jpg (1500x1500, 314.33K)

Attached: Eotkj1SWEAQWnKS.jpg (1500x1500, 369.09K)

Attached: Eotkj1AXMAEJZ-r.jpg (1500x1500, 241.77K)