Why is Japan becoming irrelevant in the world of video game development?

why is Japan becoming irrelevant in the world of video game development?

Attached: yuji-naka-sega-tokyo-hq-feb242019.jpg (834x551, 160.23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/technology-46222026
arch.b4k.co/v/search/image/cni8eNFHE6Lf9r7mmkLIOQ/
arch.b4k.co/v/search/text/bikini wow/
abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/major-report-expose-sex-abuse-frances-catholic-church-80408030
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_sexual_abuse_cases
edition.cnn.com/2021/06/04/europe/cardinal-marx-germany-resignation-pope-intl/index.html
opindia.com/2020/12/nuns-pimped-out-boys-to-christian-priests-at-sex-parties-in-germany/
bbc.com/news/business-34667380
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They are severely outdated with society.

Their minister of technology didn't know what a USB was

citation needed

cope and seethe. nier automata and final fantasy xiv are from japan.

don't they still use fax machines heavily?

bbc.com/news/technology-46222026
It's legit

Attached: kek.jpg (271x186, 13.26K)

Society just jumped the shark

Cope, they make the best cunnyge

Places like the IRS and most states' departments of taxation still use fax machines over email. Old fucks all over the world don't want to give up fax machines for some reason

Japan doesn't deserve to be the member of G7. Even Vietnam doesn't use FAX. Japan is more like Primitive ooga booga third world shithole. Korea should be the G7 instead of Japan. En taro Admiral Yi! En taro Roosevelt! En taro Phil Fish! En taro Zhang Kai shek!

Japan used to make some fine games like persona 5,dark souls 3,FFXIV,FF7R,BoTW,Animals crossing,Sekiro,Nier Automata,Lost judgement, Nioh 2,Yakuza 7,MH world,RE 7, Judge eyes,Death stranding and DMC5,(according to metacritics) from 2017 to early 2020, but how can they fall so soon like Sandcastle and gets dominated by Genshin, for having no good game with metascore over 85 in 2021? and Xbox's Game pass will decimate Japanese games completely. Japanese game is OWACON. The age is for Genshin and Xbox's game pass.

Attached: F43D5312-1D52-4F83-B23E-EFA6BBC2B1C1.jpg (1440x960, 67.55K)

Globohomo hates tradition and wants you weak. For what purpose, who knows other than they resent that they are no longer kings.

But Is Elden ring Japanese game or outsourced by Foreign country?

Ew

aside from a few games, almost nobody cares about all that weeb shit in your list. cod mogs them with just their standard release cycle

>don't they still use fax machines heavily?
american businesses also still use fax machines

Attached: 1616565185370.jpg (1164x873, 77.54K)

>trump picture

who?

they aren't, we are

Even Nguyens doen't use fax machine, despite their last and middle name seems like Pooping sound and fart sound.

Was Japanese game's "revivication" liar?

Always were outside of nintendo and wathever capcom is doing. i mean not always, they were cool until the end of the piss2, xbox, gamcube era

still can't code for shit. insect societies will always fall behind in a highly individualized multipolar world. they failed to adapt, learn to code - and now they are almost extinct, vidya speaking.

What's the problem?

But Japanese game have revived in 2017 with persona 5,dark souls 3,FFXIV,FF7R,BoTW,Animals crossing,Sekiro,Nier Automata,Lost judgement, Nioh 2,Yakuza 7,MH world,RE 7, Judge eyes,Death stranding, DMC5,RE Viilage,Tales of Arise(according to metacritics). And got plenty of GOTYs.

Why don't they make more AAA style games for franchises they have the rights to? Anime games look and play extremely cheap compared to things like the arkham series, insomniac spider-man or even dare I say it genshin impact

Because no one gives a shit about cookie cutter anime fuccboi rpgs which have been the standard for over a decade now

Also audiences are tired of the japanese cope that they're characters are not white - they are.

Attached: 1558912178698.webm (960x530, 2.78M)

It's not, America definitely is though.

They are not welcoming LGBTQBIPOC+ themes in their games, and that is fucking problematic.

Genshin? Shut the fuck off. China has never got metascore over 90 because of their government leading censorship. If Japanese game is shit, how about the Shadowlands and Diablo 2 resurrected which have lower metascore than this? How about Far cry 6,Back 4 blood and BF 2042? Are they worst trash ever?

Attached: AEC5EC07-259B-4CAB-9D98-88536B29456A.jpg (1680x1492, 264.57K)

>american businesses also still use fax machines
yeah, mostly red states
because they like to drive home the fact they don't believe in environmental preservation

Attached: 1613988726184.png (640x551, 520.25K)

Red state? U mean for Right or Left?

But Japan has knew LGBT before SJWs with Inmu,Gachimuchi and Trap characters.

Attached: 85AB93DA-D7AB-4B04-B2CA-78180CD432C1.jpg (200x206, 7.62K)

>both sides are shit
there never was a right answer.

I dunno man
seems like all the hardcore racists and misogynists are on the right most of the time
not saying the left doesn't have some, just saying the right share a lot of shitty ideas with them

Japan? Irrelevant? In what world?

Attached: jackbullshit.0.jpg (1400x933, 89.74K)

Yeah. They make good games since 2017. thanks to the encouragement by Phil Fish, Japanese game was able to rise again in mid-late 2010s.

Right ? What the fuck is this board ? Is this the best they can do?

i dont think japanese games have had a revival. there have always been a few stand out japanese games but western games are still very dominate. granted, that's to be expected when we're comparing a small island to a large region of the world.

>Gachimuchi
Billy was straight you are a faggot that should kill yourself

Attached: msd.jpg (800x950, 202.56K)

I think OP didn't seen the Metacritic site. They don't know that Japanese game industry have revived in 2017, for Phil fish Encouraged them with slightly itchy way.

Not heavily anymore but some are still in use.
Like five years ago I did have to fax some documents to my ISP.

I see your point, but as hardcore and misogynist they are there's still also way too many kike bootlickers to make them the COMPLETELY correct answer

Was this an Illusion or Shilling? I thought Japanese game has revived in 2017, with BoTW,Persona 5,Dark souls 3,FFXIV and MHW.

What the fuvk are you talking about?

Jap games have always been good, retard.

Reee trump! Don't start having an aneurysm user.

>The 68-year-old
Are you really surprised? Politicians don't know shit, they're a bunch of old people who should've retired already instead of shitting on their countries.

The problem here is you're only looking at metacritic scores. 99% of those reviewers are americans who are prejudiced against japanese games on political reasons.

Phil Fish said that Japanese game sucks, but Japanese devs has retaliated'gainst it by High-Metascore game like Persona 5,Dark souls 3, MH world and XIV.

botw, ds3, and ffxiv have been successful (although for ffxiv a lot of success came in the past year or two with WoW doing poorly), but persona and mhw are still pretty niche in the west.

If you believed in environmental preservation, you'd be calling for the extermination of the populations of the countries in the Amazon region who routinely slash and burn forest to make shitty, unsustainable one-season grazing land, to the extent they make the paper goods industry look like choir boys.

Attached: bearer of the ring of irony.jpg (951x698, 61.74K)

I thought Metascore as the most accurate and fastest way to find the good game, though. Was it wrong to believe in metacritics?

Their new shrinking generation is more concerned with phone games than actual games and the industry reflects that interest.

Tomorrow's generation deserves NFT's for all the stupidity and convenience they suffocate on currently.

>metacritic
Try user ratings next time to get a more accurate feel for what people are enjoying. hint - they're mostly japanese titles.

Attached: user ratings 2021.jpg (483x1254, 89.13K)

Phil Fish is a moron and doesn't make ganes.

>Was it wrong to believe in metacritics
absolutely.
the metascore is often very different from the user score, and even in the cases where the metascore and user score are similar, it says nothing about the actual impact the game had.

Attached: 1633154261578.png (532x296, 15.83K)

Japan is a dying nation. Figuratively AND literally. China and South Korea have both far surpassed it and there are no signs of the rot stopping.

its far-right authoritarian regimes giving business contracts to cut down the amazon though

Is that a tranny or an actual women?

Shut up. Chinese and Korean won't get Metascore over 90. Their Harsh censorship lead by Government(since mid 2010s) prevents them from Being Kurofune to Japanese games. Korea and China even forbids bikini.

Attached: C8F65C9F-EC70-4FB0-8D72-1EEB9C45ADF4.jpg (3840x2160, 2.87M)

Those are all the latest entry of their respected franchise. Your pasta is too obvious.

Tell me if China and Korea can get metascore over 90. I think they cannot unless they lessen their government lead censorship which even bans bikini.

Attached: DE8D76A6-E177-433A-9CF8-7C2298E03FE2.jpg (482x636, 25.82K)

antisemitism is a tool for elites to take/keep power

Attached: 16546543231.jpg (640x737, 76.54K)

AAA game developed stagnated in past decade.

if you're asking you're too far gone

Attached: onb4mlx7t2y61.jpg (720x1242, 122.96K)

I hate Yuji Naka so much

why?

Shit to people his whole career, only now is actually facing consequences

> Trans simulator and Generic MMO: Furag Groomer edition are Japanese!
Yes, they sure are.

Attached: Ghost Scotty.jpg (480x360, 12.38K)

Did he do anything wrong?

Attached: 1642838616890.jpg (1499x1055, 286.44K)

I agree
If we stopped giving the word so much power they would have nothing

because they're addicted to mobile faggotry

At least they have Metascore over 90 in 2 rows. And allows bikini unlike WoW, Lost ark and Genshin.

Attached: A9C912D0-2617-4AEF-8809-8C28EDF31EAE.jpg (415x739, 36.46K)

getting "bitter right wing incel" vibes from you but ok
i think you missed the point though

A-are you okay user?

I'm not.
I'm afraid... I'm a typical numale.

Attached: (Me).jpg (500x500, 72.98K)

wait a sec are you not actually right wing
what's going on here

Because Japs can't write worth a shit. There's a reason almost all of their "great" writers killed themselves or had their original work overshadowed by a superior adaptation made somewhere else like Oldboy.

Shut up. XIV has got Metascore over 90 for 2 times a row. Was it outsourced by west?

This is why Japan would benefit from skilled immigration from the west.

But at least they allow bikini in fiction unlike Koreans and Chinese. Is Persona 5 outsourced by Gaijins then? It has metascore over 90. Korean and Chinese censorship is as bullshit as shariah. For they even ban bikini.

Attached: 419A1D08-EA3D-462B-96CC-92C1CEA67EF5.jpg (683x1024, 101.01K)

But Korean and Chinese censorship never allows bikini. And They cannot get metascore over 90.

Attached: 93E2BB99-3F75-4A64-9E4B-63C58BCBEBAA.jpg (750x729, 173.33K)

i am conservative
just not fucking retarded as a lot of people on the right are
especially since my political values are not predicated on my relationship with women

Attached: democracy.jpg (444x960, 105.62K)

MHW is Capcom's best-selling game of all time

Persona is dogshit and it's fanbase is almost entirely trannies just like Final Fagtasy. Look at every prominent tranny and you will see them posting about how they love Purseowner and Final Faggotsy. Anime is nothing but a gateway to trannydom.

Tranny? I thought LGBT and Anime is extremely opposite like Magnet. I don't think that Their is Trans gender weeaboo.

>it's the esl bikini autist again

arch.b4k.co/v/search/image/cni8eNFHE6Lf9r7mmkLIOQ/

arch.b4k.co/v/search/text/bikini wow/

because america is a country with 300 million eager saps who crave for entertainment and they're going to get it
even lots of japanese studios are becoming american studios, and it's hard to blame them with a cash cow like america existing

high scores don't change the fact video games stagnated, compare square enix to Square and Enix during the SNES or PS1, they had a much more unique titles, this is also true for other game companies, where are the modern alternative of Vagrant Story, FFT, CC/CT, Racing Lagoon, Chocobo Dungeon, Front Mission, E.V.O., all we have is Final Fantasy, barely following the shit and generic boy bad street wear arch type, and Dragon Quest.
Also, MMO genre got the bad ending, every fucking MMO after WoW is either a shitty clone, or a refined version of WoW, no one tries to copy EVE, or Ultima Online, or Everquest, or Tibia, or Ragnarok.

Japanese game is not like PS360WiiU after 2017. According to Metascore and Opencritics.

Attached: E88F8C5D-142A-49DA-965C-4D9887CFEB15.png (1891x1680, 1.05M)

Feels like ever since Korea started gaining worldwide cultural relevance people have started to turn against Japan. I see casual hatred towards Japan almost everywhere while Korean boys, Kpop, movies, tv shows, are praised.

in what region and what platform? i know almost no one that plays it.

So does Korea have game with metascore over 90? Korea forbids bikini in game because their government lead censorship is as terrible as Shariah.

Attached: 41FFDE4D-0D98-4247-831B-309FE279B1F3.png (720x728, 701.17K)

Explain why Korea doesnt have game with metascore over 90 while Even Japan has plenty of them. Because Korea has Islam level censorship?

>make shit in the 80's and 90's that works and does amazing
>just do the same thing for another 30 years and get outpaced eventually

sounds like japan to me

Then why is Blizzard in late 2010 worse than this? Is Blizzard irredeemable trash? Why cannot Shadowlands and Diablo 2 resurrected get higher metascore than Tales of Arise? Japanese game has risen again after 2017 according to metacritics. It is not PS360WiiU era. They have good games like persona 5,dark souls 3,FFXIV,FF7R,BoTW,Animals crossing,Sekiro,Nier Automata,Lost judgement, Nioh 2,Yakuza 7,MH world,RE 7, Judge eyes,Death stranding ,DMC5,Tales of Arise and RE Viilage according to metacritics.

Politicians are the ultimate neets. They waste there time not really accomplishing anything and once they realize it the existential fear kicks in . So they double down on their positions and never leave thinking they'll do something meaningful but they wont

Why does America have lower corruption perception rate? I thought America as Land Paradise with lot of freedom.

Is Sekiro, DMC5, MH world and BoTW made by Gaijins then?

>tfw based Any Forums is going back to the good old days when we mogged the fuck out of japshit
It's like the 2000's 4channers never left...

Attached: tranime.jpg (1694x3609, 1.59M)

>They make good games since 2017. thanks to the encouragement by Phil Fish,
I wish I could slap you for typing this shit.

Attached: 1433318831003.jpg (1600x1584, 213.07K)

FUCK BLACKED MESA

This. RDR2 and GoW4 have slapped harder than any of the gay anime japshit ever made. When will Japan make real games again?

holy shit kill yoursef
just becuase the snoystation 5 is dead in japan, now japan is irrelevant
cope seethe dilate

I thought there is no Tranny Weeaboos for I thought Anime and LGBT is opposite.

Is Sekiro and MH world made by Gaijins then?

>weebs explaining why Underage Panty Quest MMMXCVIIII and Beltanzipper Legend Fantasy Quest XXXVIIIIIII: Heroes Of Friendship are better than games made in a country with actual thinking human beings with actual engaging plots and gameplays

Fortunately Sony doesn't need the weebshit audience anymore. Them moving to Cali was the best business decision they ever made.

Attached: fast-black-guy.gif (640x640, 3.79M)

Well there's Capcom and FromSoftware, but everyone else is decades behind.

Attached: 1608875987960.jpg (1564x2048, 465.68K)

I don't watch any anime and I'm not particularity into weab stuff but 90% of the games i have played in the last few years are Japanese and it has gotten to the point where i almost can't stand playing western shit because of how generic and soulless it all is.

Japanese games are and always have been the only games worth playing.

Shut up. Japanese make good game after 2017, in the thank of Phil fish's Itchy encouragement. Like persona 5,dark souls 3,FFXIV,FF7R,BoTW,Animals crossing,Sekiro,Nier Automata,Lost judgement, Nioh 2,Yakuza 7,MH world,RE 7, Judge eyes,Death stranding ,Tales of Arise and DMC5,RE village.(according to metacritics)

>Well there's Capcom and FromSoftware, but everyone else is decades behind.
At least Capcom had the balls to duck on Nintendo's reliance on the "damsel in distress" trope in 20 goddam 22

Because when I approach them with propositions, they get angry and leave.

>Why does America have lower corruption perception rate?
nepotism rules and it's hella annoying. It can be bad in big city but gets worse the in sub urban and rural areas. It doesn't count as corruption until they get caught which can take years. "oh I know them their such a great guy! He would never do that." They royal have to fuck up before they get investigated on a federal level. Basically nobody really knows until it happens even though the picture is already kind of there.

>I thought America as Land Paradise with lot of freedom.
You would have to own land in bumfuck nowhere to be truly free. If you live in near anybody be prepared to be fucked by bureaucracy

>actual engaging plots and gameplays
Name 1 from this gen

STFU. Japanese game have revived after 2017. It's not PS360WiiU era anymore.

Attached: B163FABE-D685-480E-AF89-1485CA2402EE.jpg (750x1033, 194.22K)

>Well there's Capcom and FromSoftware, but everyone else is decades behind.
I just want the companies I grew up with in my childhood to actually evolve and account for the increasing global standards. We want female characters who act like real humans, not glorified blowup dolls who suck the MC's cock forever. We want engaging stories about, say the human condition or the cycle of revenge, not "LETS KILL GOD WITH THE POWER OF FWENDSHIP" for the 99999th time.

Because everyone realized all they do is just make long boring RPGs with jiggly boobs to get sad lonley nerds to buy them in bulk, and NOTHING ELSE.

why would leftypol believe in third reich? confusing

Attached: 1643324454924.jpg (1312x885, 229.43K)

Is Bikini and bikini armors irrevalent in fictions?

Attached: CB7885E7-9F8A-431F-A923-D0F95CF24D68.png (1900x2880, 2M)

What are you doing typing the same damn post three times?

I fucking cheered my ass off when Arcane made literally every anime released in 2021 irrelevant forever.

Based truthsayer. We're adults now. We have actual wives and children who love us very much. We want ACTUAL games with ACTUAL stories and gameplay, thank you very much.

Fucking pedo

>t. libtard who believes he can survive stalin's commie famines.

How so?

>tfw channers are finally breaking the chain of sad lonely nerddom and BTFOing japan shit like every civilized gamer
YASSS!

They're not. You're only seeing shit about western devs more because every fucking western company is going through a meltdown.

We can't have genetically modified catgirls so Japan gives us the next best thing. They're alright in my book.

Attached: BLM.png (1920x1080, 2.01M)

They're not - you just live in a tiny, sheltered cloister and surround yourself with western games and the few other people like you.

East
Nier series, Nioh series, Dark Souls series, bloodborne, 13 sentinels, muramasa, Dragons crown, Odin sphere, resident evil, danganronpa series, metal gear solid series, smt, persona, final fantasy, code vein, Dark cloud, gravity rush, ZoE, dragons dogma, ... of mana, phoenix wright, steins;gate, Catherine, star Ocean, Nonary games, tekken, death stranding, kingdom hearts, megaman, monster hunter, ni no kuni, ico, sotc, resonance of fate, valkyria chronicles, demons souls, tokyo jungle, disgaea, soul calibur, castlevania, vanquish

West
Shooting games

Yeah. For Rising from the ashes, and gets metascore over 90 for twice a row. And only Japanese games allow bikini/bikini armors, from 3 Asian nations.

Attached: 29B9BEBE-8E9B-4E77-B524-E6F28DC4648D.png (1920x1080, 2.6M)

>why is Japan becoming irrelevant in the world of video game development
what? is everyone itt retarded?

Attached: Top-Three-Game-Console-Players-Sales-Forecast-in-million-units.png (750x462, 33.36K)

I still use a fax machine and I'm 30.

>regimes
Democratic countries made in USA.

America is cancer

Attached: Screenshot_20220129-204058_DuckDuckGo.jpg (720x541, 93.29K)

>You're only seeing shit about western devs more because every fucking western company is going through a meltdown.
Orrrr maybe the west just makes better games instead of bait for lonely nerds.

its called tranime for a reason

And what's the reason? Because I never heard of it?

you must be fairly new here, right?

No, they do not.

playstation is practically a western company at this point. they only seem to praise their western games like GoW, Uncharted and TLOU

Attached: Screenshot_20220130-124926_DuckDuckGo.jpg (719x587, 209.43K)

Attached: Screenshot_20220130-125026_DuckDuckGo.jpg (719x712, 258.39K)

Attached: Screenshot_20220130-125126_DuckDuckGo.jpg (719x621, 229.13K)

Attached: Screenshot_20220130-125304_DuckDuckGo.jpg (719x572, 268.12K)

The best samurai game was not even produced in Japan

Attached: Game of the year.jpg (283x353, 131.13K)

those are just tweets though

Attached: Screenshot_20220130-125449_DuckDuckGo.jpg (719x617, 245.96K)

Think I've made my point

Attached: Screenshot_20220130-125623_DuckDuckGo.jpg (719x711, 233.52K)

Fax machines are great. People stopped using them because of spam.

2 days of tweets with 6 different Japanese games. Pretty sure they still love their weab audience

>West Shooting games
hey come on now, we had decent platforms too

Attached: 5432765476.png (177x293, 49.02K)

a tweet takes almost no investment for them.

They don't make games with good graphics, and graphics is all people care about these days

>"THEY'RE STILL JAPANESE!!!"
>posting tweet screencaps to cope
Is this was a meltdown looks like?

Japan and its tranime shit is a relic of a bygone age of gaming and the internet. Much like blizzard or valve, the only ones still worshipping it are either delusional or shills (jap diasproa)

Because they couldn't into HD AAA development like everyone else and insisting on making the same games they made in the PS2 era but with more muh coom.
This. Xenophobic pedophiles get no sympathy from me.
Incel seething because we're leaving you behind.
KEK.

It would never work. South America is already hell on earth and yet their population still manage to survive and grow.

>Xenophobic pedophiles get no sympathy from me.

Attached: 1457929623799.jpg (486x330, 95.37K)

Based. There is a bit of a difference between tranime and Blizzard/Valve though, that is, Blizzard and Valve are fucking BASED. The best MMO and the best gaming platform. Japan can't beat that.
Coping incel.

do you prefer the inclusive pedophiles in america?

Attached: 1612054471596.jpg (2400x3600, 578.47K)

Enjoy scanning your vaccine passport to play all black female CoD xnoy

>Sales-Forecast.png
Get out of here with that shit.

Attached: 1624810725943.jpg (189x189, 6.24K)

Inclusiveness is always better than xenophobia so yes. Besides we're not pedophiles, you weebs are projecting.

get out neoconfaggot you aren't getting bush back

>japan least number of pedophile compared to the west.
No he's right.

Too many unreported cases plus they don't cound the rampant 2D pedophilia (where in civilized countries that shit is counted and appropriately banned).

are you the people who shit on Riot because they're Chinese?
And SIE isn't Japanese somehow

>Inclusiveness is always better than xenophobia so yes.
Cancerous retard.
>Besides we're not pedophiles
lmao.

Sega can survive on whales buying every iteration of Football Manager, Sonic, Persona and Warhammer Total War alone. Why would they actually need to put effort and resources into operating a dying arcade industry outside of pachinko machines in Japan?

>Too many unreported cases
West has 4X the number of unreported cases though according to lawmaker. How can that be explained?

>where in civilized countries that shit is ignored because it would be too racist for the police to arrest the rapists

Attached: 1626971580417.png (1200x800, 1.38M)

>Too many unreported cases
Based on what reports?
>they don't cound the rampant 2D pedophilia
Drawings aren't real, you faggot.
>where in civilized countries that shit is counted and appropriately banned
While the real shit is being sold as "art" in Germany.

Honestly I get that the game is supposed to be about how people's interpretation of justice with how he thinks it's okay to murder bullies
But the game really killed the interesting philosophy of the story using Sawa's death as the main driving proof that Yagami is in the right

Microsoft is gonna buy Sega

Dont care, I will give money to japan rather than the great satan.

>rampant 2D pedophilia
You are mentally ill

>Xenophobic pedophiles get no sympathy from me.
you're the racist, xenophobic cunt here for assuming stuff about a foreign culture you're not even familiar with.

Can Tsushima bros even begin to imagine how crazy the next game will be? I'm hoping they make Legends extra crazy with giant shurikans, giant Tuna blades and spells that summon giant toads. Hoping they lean into Shinto and more supernatural story telling and more weapons and more variety of styles.

Attached: GABU.jpg (1098x920, 267.54K)

I'm sorry sir, but how to explain this? Is Neo-XIV made with western or Korean oursourcing?

Attached: 57F84CE2-CF9D-426A-B755-AC24785D804A.png (1017x1680, 394.49K)

Isn't it based on the anime called Angol Mois?

brb OP saving your faggot thread, other anons plz post some more pointers for this edit

Attached: checkmysega.jpg (834x551, 517.47K)

The absolute state of japanese games

Attached: 7d89d897-caca-4249-a89f-d79b4371b65d.png (1920x1080, 1.31M)

>posting bamco shovelware
What point are you trying to prove?

notice how there's multiple reports about this. that's the difference.

japan is literally the only source of good video games though. The west doesn't make any game anymore just tranny propaganda

sanji is a coomer thats actually LOREfriendly

>just let the children be raped for 16 years bro we'll report it after that
>it's cool

saw it clear as day during the game awards. literally everything from the west involves guns.

japan is superior. simple as.

nioh, nioh 2, and rgg ishin are better games.
tsushima is great though.

reminder that the christian church raped on a scale of millions around the world and that just in the last 30 years. Before that it must have gone on for at least a thousand years if not longer.

acknowledging a problem is one of the first steps to solving it.

This thread gave me brain damage. I fucking hate this board and the group of falseflaggers pretending to be retarded. You are the only ones laughing. Kill yourselves you fucking pieces of shit just play games from the west or japan whatever just enjoy games instead of doing this shit kill yourselves

>t.wowtroon

Any environmental summit should focus on their own shit. It's really hard to take American environmentalists seriously when more effort wasn't put into stopping the California fires. Entire forests should have been cut down in preparation.

Are they? They seem to make pretty good games to me, much better chances of a game being at least decent coming from Japan than the US, or any Western AAA studio in general.

Bullshit, they're as relevant as ever

proof?

abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/major-report-expose-sex-abuse-frances-catholic-church-80408030

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_sexual_abuse_cases

edition.cnn.com/2021/06/04/europe/cardinal-marx-germany-resignation-pope-intl/index.html

opindia.com/2020/12/nuns-pimped-out-boys-to-christian-priests-at-sex-parties-in-germany/

The last german pope is also "accused" of rape btw. There is hard evidance but these people are above the law

>he asked right before Elden Ring dropped
Weak bait.

Attached: 1488411775394.png (1750x1750, 1017.88K)

all the good games that are coming out or came out lately have been from Japanese studios

Attached: jrpgsBTFO.jpg (1200x1364, 426.73K)

you mean the total extermination of the Chinese and Indian and Black population. Seriously, these are the biggest drain on the planet. Africans don't do shit for the human race. Chinese and Indians cause a lot of pollution. Chinese are worse polluters than India though because they have a huge population and hyper industrialized

>Japan is backwards and third world
what? it's probably the richest Asian country and they're the ones who help invent most of the new technology. I mean, they've even built mechas iirc. Japan should be Capital of Earth because they are the country everyone else should aspire to be

>is an anime website
>why is there so much anime on this board on the anime website
uh based retard-kun???

Billy unironically said he was straight

The rightard seem like a jolly fellow. The leftard just looks.... not fun.

Attached: homosexual kissing scene.jpg (197x390, 42.38K)

probably because all the documentation for your game engines and middleware is written in english.

Literally what
Japan has never had as much influence in American gaming as they have now

Attached: wrvy05i9jrd71.jpg (751x629, 44.45K)

anerican office cuck here, every place I've worked at has used faxes

let me be clear its awful that this happened to those children but this gets nowhere close to millions of victims.
also i think its great these cases are being brought up and very telling that the catholic church is willing to apologize and disavow the actions of the clergymen and compensate the victims have come forward.

>why is Japan becoming irrelevant in the world of video game development?
is this what you tell yourself at night to be able to sleep?

>Nips
>irrelavance
>In Vidya
....Wut?

The Switch and PS4/5 are the most popular consoles on the planet, they aren't irrelevant, you're just a queer and a fag.

People who play games like Call of Duty, Fortnite, GTA Online, and FIFA do not care about any of these Japanese games you mentioned.

>300k in france
>250k in germany
>only 2 countries
>nowhere near a million
ok pedo

If I'm being honest, japanese games have indeed declined, along with western games. Big franchises have become super meh (MGS, final fantasy), their rpgs are meh, their single player games are not as polished in terms of challenge and gameplay, I dont know what the fuck happened, it's like they re stuck in the past except they re getting worse. Their investors onyl invest in bullshit and they give budgets that are too low for shit thats promising and if it isnt an absolute success they give up instantly instead of building on whats been done. Shitty managing really but its the same in the West. People give excuses but I unironically think new generations just suck as people, they re as incompetent as they are shallow human beings. They could make AA games instead but atleast have the decency to lower the price of your game?

Their fault it they wanna keep the practice of later 90s of selling shitty game the same price as Final fantasy VII. The thing is these are adults now, and they know not to get scammed. Only big scammers in town left are Nintendo and unfortunately it works...I think no one is trying really. Just making money to fuck european whores. Just a bunch of degenerates. Comparing Japanese films/animes/games from late nineties to today is really sad. Decline all over the place. The only reason people say the opposite is From software but it is disingenuous.

>catholic church is willing to apologize and disavow the actions of the clergymen and compensate the victims have come forward
they literally covered up all of them until they were proven by the public. Why are you defending these pedophile scum? The church is literally a criminal child trafficing institution. We don't even know how bad it is in 3rd world countries

>1. Learn from the west
Can't believe game journalists would write this shit and not get flack. None of this would fly today.

>Even Vietnam doesn't use FAX.
Vietnam doesn't even have functioning landlines. But isn't it funny? That you're losing to a country that still uses faxes? Keep seething that your shithole country is not relevant on the world stage.

Nips are not creative. They are desperate for the new sources to get inspired.

so much for MUH DUPER SUPER ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY NIP

They are still using CASSETTE TAPES! FFS!!!!

bbc.com/news/business-34667380

Attached: Screen%20Shot%202021-01-30%20at%2010.42.19[1].png (1090x1102, 1.38M)

>webm making weebs seethe
based

HEY WEEBS
here's webm: your TRAD waifu!

Attached: MUH WAIFU.webm (720x1280, 1.05M)

>ITT we indulge in Any Forumsirgins echo chamber of opinions

so you admit you're assuming. if you're just gonna assume there's millions of victims, i'll assume there aren't.

i see no reason to believe that with all the clergymen and nuns there, they were all on board with abusing children and were willing to hide the crimes of victimizers especially when they follow a belief thats heavily against that stuff.

Is the sudden false lies about Japan on Any Forums is because the recent runaway success of pokemon legends arceus? Lol the official sales numbers are not even out but the game already buck broke Any Forums into taking prostate exam

Attached: 1643328971075.jpg (768x1024, 38.26K)

That was an old stereotype, they are not using fax that much nowaday (except some companies run by boomer old men in countrysides).
The real holdback is the hanko (personal stamp), its the main culprit holding back digitalization of Japan bureaucracy

Think you're a giant fucking retard

Attached: 1592666642953.jpg (750x531, 57.53K)

you are mentally ill pedo the church is the most vile organization in the history of mankind and you are defending them. 500 THOUSAND rapes just 2 countries. You are fucking scum just as all chirstcuks. Hope you send your children to these rapists too

it's just the way things we're supposed to happen desu, it's fate. they had their peak in the 80s and 90s and now that's over.

Attached: 1643422407586.jpg (960x716, 73.45K)

Yes we at playstation love Japanese games, just make sure you run them by our ethics department guys we dont want anything... problematic, we know how Japan can be haha

Attached: sonycensorship.png (818x569, 567.55K)

what do you mean
japan is about to get 2 gotys in a row with Elden ring

user, any list for games of the year or even decade will be filled with Japanese games

im not defending them. im just not gonna pretend that a minority of abusers in the clergy is proof of some crazy conspiracy that catholicism is a child sex abuse cult.
besides, im agnostic and think christianity is a dumb belief. doesn't mean i need to misconstrue what it actually is and look for reasons to slander it.

i feel like you're some edgy atheist or Any Forums type obsessed with hatred.

I think it's a American conspiracy. I noticed American TV has started sucking Korea off. Like Family Guy and We Bare Bears both had Korean based episodes (Granted I think the creator IS Korean) plus literally everything Blizzard does has to have one token Korean.

>minority
you are retarded beyond help

>acknowledging the problem
They sure weren't acknowledging the problem when they just bury it in a filling cabinet and pretend the cases doesn't exist

They've grown irrelevant since the high def era because it requires more manpower and higher budget and as a result development tooling became increasingly homogenized by western standards such as the unreal engine, which japs took an entire generation to adapt to. During the 360 era you saw a lot of Japanese studios outsource franchises to western devs or afterwards you saw mergers and kind of hybrid jap+western teams. Konami basically shut down after giving silent hill and castlevania to westerners, Capcom struggled for a while and dead rising 2 was half japs half Canadians, they outsourced that shitty RE spin-off to the Socom devs, the DMC remake etc but eventually Capcom made it work and now their RE team has western writers, Kojima escaped Konami but works with western engines and western collaborators etc. Square did it in reverse and bought Eidos that was a good move, but with their JRPGs you can see they lost a lost of their cutting edge prestige. Nintendo knew it was a bad idea to compete with high tech and AAA after the NGC failure and went back to essentially being an alternative toy product with their own business model, hardware gimmicks and more casual players but despite huge success they're basically a AA studio. While a lot of big legacy jap studios failed, it was also the era of From's rise from AA to prestige and hype studio, as answer to casual fatigue. Ueda took forever to release TLG, skipping a whole gen, and lost relevancy as the jap artsy/Sony prestige card, and Miyazaki took the position. And I guess a few other standouts remained like the Nier studio, Nintendo third party stuff like Bayo and Xenoblade, etc and of course Platinum, that are on the higher spectrum of AA and attained cult status and loyal fan bases. Sega faded a lot in relevancy but still coasted by the entire decade with their endless Yakuza releases. Something that's kinda notable is the lack of a strong indie scene, even though it should have made sense.

>This. Xenophobic pedophiles get no sympathy from me.
>the entire Japanese race deserves no sympathy because of my assumptions

Kill yourself racist.

>assumptions
They literally have an entire 2D pedophilia industry that even has its own cult of weeaboo simps in the US. I think it's fair to criticize other countries when they're so far behind us in QoL (see: Japanese suicide rates) and moral character it's not even funny.

Odd take, but I actually like the uncensored and censored screenshots that you've taken. Makes it look like she's wearing latex.

CCP shills really.

ghosts n goblins resurrection

user, the genuine problem is that you want to discriminate against the entire Japanese race over what Otaku draw or animate.

>I think it's fair to criticize other countries when they're so far behind us in QoL (see: Japanese suicide rates) and moral character it's not even funny.

So you think Western European Culture is more sophisticated (i.e SUPERIOR) than Japan? Your subjective moral standards doesn't give you the right to judge and condemn others. Would you criticize African countries for doing the same?

>So you think Western European Culture is more sophisticated (i.e SUPERIOR) than Japan?
Let's see, we have actual awareness for issues such as human rights, abortion, mental health, LGBTQIA+, issues relating to people of color, income inequality and inequity, and that puts us a good bit ahead of Japan whose country is a cyberpunk dystopia that's like if we had 50 years of Trump and never passed the Civil Right act.

*sigh* because they fire Yuji Naka, is that what you wanted to hear? Well there it is, fuckface, now what?

And yes, if Africa had a massive xenophobia/pedophilia problem we'd do everything we could to fix that as well. Just because we don't practice physical imperialism or racial discrimination doesn't mean that cultural imperialism is off limits. After all, America is the greatest society of all time.

so you really think it's more reasonable to assume catholicism only exists to abuse children than there just being a few bad apples in an otherwise good faith? why?

what "they" are you referring to? journalists? police? who are "they"?

>Let's see, we have actual awareness for issues such as human rights, abortion, mental health, LGBTQIA+, issues relating to people of color, income inequality and inequity

Attached: 1320529223886.jpg (363x310, 33.34K)

>we have actual awareness for issues such as human rights, abortion, mental health, LGBTQIA+,

That shit existed in Japan way before it was tolerated in the West.

>issues relating to people of color

user, Japanese people are not white/European. They are People of Color and I don't think they need a self-righteous twat telling them what "wrong" or "right" is fool.

>if Africa had a massive xenophobia/pedophilia problem we'd do everything we could to fix that as well

How? By force? Brainwashing?

>Just because we don't practice physical imperialism or racial discrimination doesn't mean that cultural imperialism is off limits

So you admit that you are a fascist totalitarian on the topics of race and culture? The hypocrisy is amusing.

>How? By force? Brainwashing?
By using the same social shaming tactics that worked so well for America. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

This thread is proof that Europe is the great satan, not America.

>By using the same social shaming tactics that worked so well for America

That "tactic" has proven that it doesn't work in Africa and never will user. You can't use collectivist punishments against an entire ethnic society for the individual crimes of an individual perpetrator.

Damn. Great informative post

Yes

Nintendo seems to be doing fine, OLED is stupid as fuck though

Based OP

Who the fuck keeps making these threads lmao

Attached: 1640468569685.gif (500x371, 517.55K)

You

Any Forums is one person

>trannies like my walk to NPC simulator so it's good
solid 3/10

>the dude on the left has a tattoo that's generally seen as tough in Asia
oh no

i had to do a japanese bank transfer to pay for a convention once, its really jarring how oldschool japan is

Attached: 1352228371695.jpg (288x499, 46.96K)

Elaborate please

imagine if every website you had to use was programmed and had the interface of a prebuilt website from the 90s, imagine if people regularly did not accept credit card or debit card payments, (until recently at least, as in like the past 5 years)

Imagine if most people over 30 still had flip phones, and pay phones are regularly still maintained and used

some other examples i cannot think about right now

Has there ever been a country as dominated by another as Japan is to america?

I hope you’re trolling lmao no one should be this retarded

I can't read jap at all but I'm a weeb and so sometimes I go on official manga magazine websites and most of them have this retarded system where you can't just buy chapters/magazine issues. You instead have to buy spend money on virtual coins or tickets or whatever bullshit they make and then you spend those on chapters. Wouldn't it just be easier to accept cash directly? Why are they like this

Would you touch money that had been in contact with a greasy Otaku? Yes even bankcards.

its really weird how insanely convenient some systems in japan are (see, the entire public transport system, PASMO/SUICA, going to a restaurant and not having to speak to a single human being)

but then you got shit like ETC (japanese equivalent of sun card or EZPass for cars) and you have to buy a card that is basically an actual bank debit card, link it to your bank, then go buy a dedicated card reader, have it wired into your cars electrical system, then take your title to a certified dealer, and have the cards ID synced to your VIN number.

Attached: 1378944117316.jpg (479x358, 37.02K)

It's funny how most of the world sees them as some tech giant or at least used to because of video games cameras computers the walkman dvd players and just general consumer electronics but in reality they are slow to catch up. I remember being dumbfounded at how long it took them to start using smartphones and still some people don't because they'd rather have a phone they can attach a cute anime character keychain strap to. Outrageous

japan boomed in the 80's and has been stuck there ever since.

Fax machines are still really useful in business environments where people need to sign, store and send important documents (banks, doctor's offices, etc). If someone needs a document in their hands, faxing's quicker than sending a PDF file and there's a chance the recipient might not even know how to print out or simply open a PDF.
Also, printing machines are a fucking nightmare so the less steps, the better. Adulthood is getting excited for a printer to actually print.

>its really weird how insanely convenient some systems in japan are (see, the entire public transport system
I live in NYC and it is so fucking pathetic how shit our public transportation is. It disgusts me when I see or hear foreigners thinking the subway is cool because they see it in tv shows or movies. Literally the entire world has better and cleaner public transportation than us and we're often seen as the greatest city in america

Stealth japan thread?

yeah, you can get buy in tokyo/yokohama without transportation at all, i did it for a year, its also insanely convenient when i want to get drunk but the specialty bar i want to go to is 2 hours away

also to add to this

>"hmm i think this weekend i will go to kyoto..."
>"okay google, take me to kyoto station"

>okay dog, just get on these two local trains, it will take you to the shinkansen, then just put cash into the machine to get a shinkansen ticket for the next train (it comes every 20 minutes so don't bother getting one before you get there)
>youl' be there in about 4 hours

Attached: 1421287529762.jpg (775x1520, 215.94K)

Their management is the worst in human history.

Persona 5 The Royal isn't on PC. This alone is proof that at least the Sega/Atlus management is literally retarded beyond believe.

Just imagine Jobs would have said "Yeah, we will only release the iPhone in Hawaii and only produce 100 pieces". This is what Sega/Atlus did.

There is a new management salary argument which is called the "SEGA/ATLUS argument".
>You management is worth billions because a good manager can create insane amounts of profits. Sega/Atlus is what happens if you have trash "management" which is worthless and a prime example of how bad management can maybe even ruin companies.

>Can't believe game journalists would write this shit and not get flack. None of this would fly today.

Attached: blackjack.png (539x490, 153.73K)

the biggest most hyped game of the decade is japanese
so is literally every good game from the last 10 years
i dont think you understand what the word irrelevant means

Current China and Korean entertainment are unironically worse than the Japanese except for Korean film.
t. Longtime (and disappointed) Chinafag

>Japanese suicide rates
Might want to check your data point again muttbro

Attached: file.png (690x933, 63.05K)

I miss when Chinese and Korean entertainments were good

>Because no one gives a shit about cookie cutter anime fuccboi rpgs
But then again it is not from Japan

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.83M)

Is this another Any Forumstards trying to attack the filthy weebs just to cope with their absolute shit taste in Chinese and Korean ?

Attached: Sima.Yi.(The.Ravages.Of.Time).full.2114398.png (787x1200, 793.04K)

>a white government destabilizing non-white ones
oh wow such a new concept

we get it, you're an incel

Attached: 1561564654.png (1243x719, 428.62K)

>we wuz anime and shit
until they give anime women man jaws they will never be white

get a load of this incel

Attached: 561435132321.webm (576x1024, 2.14M)

>They are still using CASSETTE TAPES! FFS!!!!
Amerifats are still using vinyl records too, which are older than cassettes, faggot. So I don't know what point you're trying to make.

It's coming to PC later along with SMTV.

Attached: 1642077385828.jpg (1497x839, 169K)

>Let's see, we have actual awareness for issues such as human rights, abortion, mental health, LGBTQIA+, issues relating to people of color, income inequality and inequity, and that puts us a good bit ahead of Japan whose country is a cyberpunk dystopia that's like if we had 50 years of Trump and never passed the Civil Right act.
You can't be fucking serious here, right?
>And yes, if Africa had a massive xenophobia/pedophilia problem we'd do everything we could to fix that as well. Just because we don't practice physical imperialism or racial discrimination doesn't mean that cultural imperialism is off limits. After all, America is the greatest society of all time.
Dear god, I think they might be are.

Attached: 1615865056969.jpg (230x250, 82.43K)

Eh, that's not really an exclusive thing to Japan.
Italy became popular for the Tifa porn during congress meeting scandal. How did that porn get in there? Turned out the person who held the meeting posted password and other credentials on her public Facebook page.
This person has a degree in IT Security.

underage

>muh ecelebs