What is the appeal of the Steam Deck compared to just using your mobile phone as an emulation and streaming device...

What is the appeal of the Steam Deck compared to just using your mobile phone as an emulation and streaming device? You can emulate everything on mobile phones these days including the Switch (Egg NS) and you can stream your games by either using in house streaming (Moonlight/PS Remote Play) or services such as Xbox Cloud Gaming and GeForce Now which only require a decent internet connection. Seems kinda like a waste of money if you already have a good phone with 5G and WiFi 6E support

Attached: PicsArt_11-07-08.25.53.jpg (3464x3464, 951.09K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-AwIcRNQPWk
techradar.com/news/steam-deck
rockpapershotgun.com/valve-say-steam-decks-progress-is-thanks-to-the-steam-machines-failure
techspot.com/news/90627-valve-experience-steam-machines-helped-steam-deck-development.html
pcgamer.com/uk/valve-says-steam-machines-were-a-good-idea-that-helped-make-steam-deck-possible/
vocaroo.com/1fgxGHcxbqX
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>phone
pffffthahahahahaha

There is no mobile phone anywhere near as powerful for vidya, retard faggot nigger

Yes, but your PC/Xbox/PS5 is and you can just stream them to your phone instead of shelling out an extra $400-$600

Can I emulate PC games

Me

"What's the appeal of being a real woman when I can just emulate a vagina and be a tranny?" - OP

>stream
lol

phone is more expensive and less powerful, what's your point exactly?

>costs more
>plays less
>no physical controls

geez I don't know op

Streaming to a device is not the same as running the game on that device.
>but dude my WiFi is fast
I don't care. There's a delay.
Bottom line is there's a different device for a different use case. You don't have to buy it, so get over it.

Actual controls
>inb4retarded gigantic USB clip on chinkshit
Actual games, not android trash and streaming

>Phone
I didn't know a phone had a controller and the Witcher 3?

Have you tried switch emulation on a phone? It's awful

Steamdeckxirs…

A screen and controls that dont have 400ms+ delay.
Real controls.
A real CPU that lets me do whatever the fuck i want.
A OS that isnt recording and datamining whatever i do 24/7.
Accurate emulators.

>he actually think his deck is going to run Switch emulators well
lmfao

Who are you quoting OP?

To answer your question user, since everyone else in this thread but me is retarded, you are right in that you can simply stream games from your PC/console to your phone with a controller attachment (I use a razer kishi) and you can be comfy on the toilet, bed, or wherever you want. Hell, you could do that over Wifi 5.

However, as soon as you stream outside, even on 5G, you're going to run into problems. I bought a Oneplus 8 specifically to play Dolphin and for its 5G modem all for something less expensive than a Galaxy. 5G is a nightmare to stream over, at least in america. I cannot for the life of me think of a convenient way to stream to my phone day to day without dealing with lag spikes or even latency for certain games like character action games making them almost unplayable at higher difficulties.

The killer is that upload speeds vary massively. I got anywhere from 20-40 megabit upload from my house and even though that should be good enough, I get tons of lag because I live in a city. Trains go underground, downtown is saturated with wireless signals from other devices, overhead rails, and thick concrete skyscrapers. GPS downtown where I live doesn't even work right sometimes.

Isolating all that shit is just better. Unless you're a rural fag or maybe a euro fag, I highly doubt you can make the use of it.

I have my PC hooked up to a 5ghz router and have tried streaming while sitting literally two feet away from it. Still too much input delay. I have no clue how people stand it and I'm not sure streaming will ever be an adequate way to play games as long as delay is an issue

M1 ipad is more powerful than steam deck. Iphones are probably going to get it at some point.

Can it play even remotely demanding games without thermal throttling itself into oblivion within seconds? That's the biggest issue with phones and my experience, they just don't have the cooling to use their hardware at all

Disprove him without resorting to ad hominem attacks.

youtube.com/watch?v=-AwIcRNQPWk

Attached: 1621832512612.jpg (1280x720, 270.29K)

Okay how do I play all my Steam games on an iPad? Streaming doesn't count, or we wouldn't be talking about how powerful it is.

Physical controls that travel with the device.

The SOCs in Phones don't have an AMD64 processor which means they'll need to emulate one to play games compiled for PC hardware, and the GPUs in phones generally lack good drivers.
Steam Deck has an SOC with AMD64 CPU cores, and an RDNA2 GPU with great open source drivers that are the best currently available.

Also significantly more expensive than Steam Deck, and much more locked down.
Also similarly to more open Android phones iOS has poor quality GPU drivers, and worse it completely lacks support for Vulkan which means games have to be ported to Apple's terrible proprietary "Metal" graphics API or recompile with a rube goldberg machine of DXVK -> MoltenVK

My 2200U runs them just fine and its way weaker.
The switch uses extremely weak hardware from 2015, even back then the tegra sucked.

Nintendo cost $299 steam deck without the dock cost $399. You lost not only $100 but also the dock for TV.

"Oh I cAN UsE A cAbLe" that you have to stay close to your tv vs switch ability to remove the controllers or plugin another controller but you'll lose battery power within 1-2 hours.

I don't like touch screen controls or the design (internal, not aesthetic) of Android

no but the bigger issue is that it doesn't run them at all because of iPadOS limitations

>I have my PC hooked up to a 5ghz router
A 5Ghz router is absolutely nothing related to 5G cellphone connections

I already have a switch, steam deck has more games so it's a better system

Not sure what you're on about. Deck can use any USB C dock to charge and output to a TV, and has bluetooth controller support.

switch plays switch games
deck plays PC games and is vastly more powerful

For someone claiming to be the only non retard ITT you sure are retarded

>You lost not only $100 but also the dock for TV.
Good thing unlike Nintendo you can use a $5 USB dock because it's not proprietary garbage, huh?

I won't use Steam Desk or anything Steam until Valve steps up the fight against disinformation. Too often I'm seeing vaccine misinformation or even mocking of vaccinated democratic citizens on the Steam platform. At the very least they can include the link to factual CDC information whenever the word vaccine is detected.

I want to play PC games.
>streaming device
kys

>steam deck without the dock cost $399
A steam deck can use literally any cheap usb C hub and is literally 10x+ stronger than the shitty tegra in the switch, plus you have the freedom to use the device to do whatever you want, unlike a switch unless you jailbreak it.

The switch comparisons don't even make any sense. It's a completely different consumer base and use case. The deck is a UMPC, and should be compared against other UMPCs, not a switch

> Phone.
My fucking sides. The Nintedrip cope is fucking hilarious.

Attached: gaben.jpg (197x256, 8.27K)

You realize you can hook the deck up to a TV and wireless controller, right? I don't know why you would want to bother "docking" it if you already have a PC though.

this is my appeal

Attached: this is my appeal.jpg (1703x711, 70.27K)

Its a huge bitch getting anything to work on apple products

does the wii u emulate well yet?
i never got to play xenoblade x

>mac gaming
i fell for that trap for years, it's not worth it

Yes, CEMU is great. That's literally the preferred way to play BOTW over emulating the switch port.

this kills the decktard
also captcha lol

Attached: file.png (251x98, 9.45K)

CEMU even runs on the cheapest/budget intel CPUs, it got perfected long ago.

No.
>Tyler McNigger
lol
lmao

>without resorting to ad hominem attacks.
user... Tyler is one of those people where ad hominem is applicable.

Phone emulation is still imperfect, actually. You can emulate up to nintendo DS/Gamecube comfortably, but not much past that. YET.
And in order to actually emulate the higher end, you need a 900$ phone.
Streaming, even over LAN, is pretty disappointing. It's okay if you're playing strategy games, but the lag is really noticeable. Maybe shelling out money for a super gaming router can alleviate it, but now you're spending even more money for a worse experience.
4G/5G is not good enough to stream games on even in the best of conditions (which the vast majority of people don't live in), so you're completely restricted to the same house as your desktop.
Your phone also needs peripherals to come even close to being functional. These are, 100% of the time, awful to use due to poor quality. Again, you could probably just deal with the shitty quality.
Also if you use your phone for other things throughout the day, it sucks to have the battery worn out.

So yeah, really only a waste if you're fine playing games in awful conditions. Not a waste at all if you actually travel.

The answer is in your question. What is with people thinking, "YOU HAVE TO GAME THE WAY I GAME!"

You are a fucking retard idiot.

My mobile phone isn't an x86 machine and doesn't come with its own controller built in.

Can't play Skyrim with cunny mods on a phone.

alright you've convinced me, preordering the steam deck as we speak.

Attached: file.png (1151x1131, 1.33M)

No built in physical controls.

>M1 ipad is more powerful than steam deck.
gets throttled hard after 5 min of play because it doesn't have one of pic related.

Attached: fan.jpg (505x505, 154.46K)

No need for a steamdeck.
If I go out of the house it's for doing stuff out of the house.
Im not one of those sad low life cunts that needs to be gaming 24/7 356 days a week.
If I want to play on my bed I hook up SteamLink on my tablet with my bluetooth xbox controller.
Simple stuff. Theres zero need for a deck.

>If I want to play on my bed I hook up SteamLink on my tablet with my bluetooth xbox controller.
that sounds miserable

Nope, it's real fun and I am not on American 1MB/s internet speed so the quality is almost like playing on an actual PC. Just also feels good sitting in bed playing Civilization, Humankind and Crusader Kings 3 on a tablet.

whether you like or not you use cloud gaming bud

Such a dumb question

Where do you set the tablet? I don't understand how this would be comfortable laying back. Also can't deal with streaming input delay, sorry

>streaming
Stopped reading there, kill yourself thanks.

In my hands because I'm not a faggot zoomer with delicate fingers also theres no input lag on steamlink local network because you're real close to your PC dumbo.
Not everyone has shit tier American internet.

Attached: 1641754265052.jpg (640x427, 64.04K)

Yeah it probably will.

No there's definitely still input delay. Also your pic isn't 'laying back'

Works on my machine hours on end. I slide the map around and it moves on screen at the exact same time :)

Why would I use streaming and deal with that latency when I can play on a dedicated piece of hardware?

being unable to detect input latency is a sign of limited intellect

It is an actual PC not some gadget that shit its pants in multi threading.

t. Lives in a 3rd world country shithole
ngmi

Can you post delay comparisons? Otherwise I'll just assume you're not particularly susceptible to it. I am

Gaming on your phone should be a felony at the very least

android is shit and i wish arm was dead

Phoneposting as well. These things should really only be for talking, texting, taking pictures and listening to music at absolute most. Giving idiots constant internet access was a mistake. I wish I could just have a landline.

I want a UPC that has a quiet fan. Even the new Aya Neo Next is loud. I just want to play Fallout 3 in my bed.

What does steam link have to do with internet speed? It's usually used on the local network

>Streaming shill still trying to pretend speed matters at all in a latency discussion
Every time

there is no appeal to the steam deck for anyone with a brain. superior options have existed for months.

Attached: Product_Showcase_ID_52471.jpg (1484x1926, 324.2K)

looks like shit

x86 still outperforms ARM.

The most powerful phones just barely got PS2 emulation and hobbled Switch emulation. You can run PS3 and Switch on the Deck.

>costs more
Not really, a typical smartphone now goes for $200 or so.

That thing is weaker and costs 4x the amount.

Clearly underage if you don't know how much phones cost

You wont convince them user but I completely agree game streaming in 2022 on current gen hardware is great

If you want a serious answer I'll give you one.

Steam Deck is more a laptop alternative. Thin and light laptops don't really last well and are usually rather expensive but are really the only practical LAN device as modern desktops are heavy. Unless you go ITX, but fuck ITX because you'll pay more than a PC + Deck for something that gets thermal throttled and still needs you to bring a bunch of stuff.

Deck is a good way to just go over to a friends house for LAN, co-op PC, or emulation with easy TV hook up.

Phones are actually somewhat bad for emulation. Their chipsets are good, but android has some latency issues, custom roms and settings help a lot with this, but that is more a emulation device thing than a phone thing. Phones mostly have bad resolutions for it too. Add in some controls and a phone is the width of a Switch with the screen size of a GBA if you are playing in 4:3 for old games because they are just tall not wide. 16:9 does a little better but that is a limited run of systems of which PSP is probably the one you are playing on the go.

Also a 200-300 dollar phone does a good job of being a phone/internet/camera device paying the money for a high end hardware phone that actually can emulate on a Deck level, well at that point you could have gotten a phone and a deck.

Phones are a swiss army knife for gaming. They can do a lot but they do none of it well.

tl;dr faggot

tl;dr phones suck at gaming regardless of the power so its a shit comparison and alternative

also take your adhd meds and read

I don't have a smartphone

I don't. 3/4 of the world don't have the infrastructure to support cloud gaming.

What is the appeal of the Steam Deck compared to just using your mobile phone as an emulation and streaming device? You can emulate everything on mobile phones these days including the Switch (Egg NS) and you can stream your games by either using in house streaming (Moonlight/PS Remote Play) or services such as Xbox Cloud Gaming and GeForce Now which only require a decent internet connection. Seems kinda like a waste of money if you already have a good phone with 5G and WiFi 6E support

don't it? Why would someone need a dedicated game console for retro gaming when they could get better results from their smartphone?
This was something we heard quite often during our time at EGX, but there are several reasons why people prefer having a physical piece of hardware connected via wires instead of playing on-the-go:
The majority of us grew up in a world where consoles were king; this generation has been dominated by smartphones, tablets, laptops etc., so many gamers miss out on that nostalgia factor associated with old school systems.
It's also nice being able to sit down comfortably in front of your TV while enjoying some quality couch coop action!
Another reason may be the sheer amount of space available on modern devices - not everyone owns a laptop or PC big enough to host all those emulators without them becoming unstable due to lack of resources.
Having said that, even if one does own such a machine, there will still be times when you want to play offline titles without any lag spikes caused by network traffic. With older platforms such as SNES / Genesis / Megadrive, most players simply couldn't afford online subscriptions back

If by "typical" you mean "ghetto poorfag bait" yes

>Muh internet speeds
0% of the world has quantum tunneling internet so latency is never going away

wut

>Ryzen 3100
>emulating anything properly
the valve engineers openly admitted that the deck has a worse CPU than an indian mini PC the size of a coke can. It's not going to be your wonderful emulation device..

Attached: 1636700269224.png (1032x769, 685.48K)

How do you even press "1" on this thing?

shut up retard

Attached: Screenshot 2022-01-30 at 09-47-32 RDNA (microarchitecture) - Wikipedia.png (2143x119, 27.71K)

That has literally zero relevance to using the CPU for emulation. Congratulations, you couldn't have posted something LESS meaningful, user.

Maybe y'all can help me since I haven't seen anything referencing this in a single article/presser/youtube.

If you are downloading the games to the steamdeck, can (like steam itself) you play them in offline mode? Or is it a 100% necessity to be connected at all times?

As far as the steam client is concerned, no, you shouldn't be blocked from playing your games. This doesn't apply to all games, as let's say you want to play GTA V, which has an online always drm bundled with it.

It has buttons and an actual joystick while your phone doesn't. Those stupid clips and pull apart controllers are dogshit

I'm really excited to see how the deck performs. It gets so much praise from Any Forums that im actually a bit sceptical about it. I mean I can't play new games at 60 FPS on my office laptop with Intel Xe that I bought last year. Why would the steam deck be able to? Because it has a 720p display? How is the performance when I connect it to my TV with 1080p? So for most games people will still rely on streaming services? Also we only every see still images of switch Titels being emulated and why is the promotional pic of the deck only showing fucking indie games like control and hades?

> It gets so much praise from Any Forums that im actually a bit sceptical about it.
These are shill threads, user..

Maybe because those games are well-liked? Control is well known as a graphically impressive game with RTX shit.

techradar.com/news/steam-deck
>Greg Coomer, a designer involved with the Steam Deck, has shed more light on Valve’s handheld plans.

Fucking coomers, that's who it's made for

this cunt needs to lose weight

what a cute little box!

>Why would the steam deck be able to?
Intel igpus are have been shit for a long time, even when Intel was out right crushing AMD 10 years ago AMD still made better built in gpu tech. That is how shit Intel is at this. Thermals play a part as well, a lot of regular every day laptops are made to boost up clocks not maintain them and overheat and throttle back down, especially Intel.

>Because it has a 720p display?
Massive reduction in power required. Screen sizes don't sound that different but the pixel count grows with each bump at a rapid pace.

>How is the performance when I connect it to my TV with 1080p?
Old as hell GPUs have had 1080 at a solid 60 for a decade or more at this point, no reason an APU can't manage it these days. Could vary by title, but between Vulkan and better tech today, I could see it working.

>So for most games people will still rely on streaming services?
Nah. Its really just a laptop in a gaming form factor with a game play focus.

?Also we only every see still images of switch Titels being emulated and why is the promotional pic of the deck only showing fucking indie games like control and hades?
Emullation is a funny thing. Its not always about the best hardware but often the most traveled. This is why the PSP despite potato specs did fairly decent for its time. Its why the RasPi sometimes beats out more powerful SoCs because its common and open, so people dev for it like crazy.

I'm skeptical of Yuzu on the Deck, as it isn't really great for a lot of things even on desktop without tweaking like crazy, but to be fair its emulating a current gen device so its still early and performance is likely going to reflect this. So sort of TBD here.

Enjoy your 720p

>That thing is weaker
The 1195g7 is leagues ahead of the ryzen 3100.
>and costs 4x the amount.
Says here £800

Attached: 2022-01-30 07.55.50 www.vchainstore.com b7221501a8b6.jpg (1331x739, 86.84K)

1. It's worthwile the second you get it because it's a PC. They don't have to continue to support it nor release exclusives for it, the point is having your Steam library you already have on a small portable companion device.
2. If it's shit, journos/reviewers will say so, they'll get it and embargo goes down before actual people get their devices, you can just cancel your order.
Okay now kill yourself, thank you.

>apple shit
Get aload of this faggot.

No one wants that piece of shit. Stop shilling you, Chung Lee

Series S is an emulation beast and also uses RDNA2.
Also, here's your updated pic, faggot.

Attached: 1643530511233.jpg (1170x1977, 525.12K)

>Stop shilling you, Chung Lee
>Salty AYAfag

>pay more for
>worse formfactor
>having to deal with windows
>worse specs

>Series S is an emulation beast
"emulation beast" is a very telling phrase that means you know very little. Playing GC and PS2 at 1x is NOT a beast. it's the bare minimum.

>here's your updated pic
>literally says the same thing, that the CPU is weaker in the deck than in a pajeet tictacbox PC
I guess you're the faggot.

>pay more for
You mean pay about £100 more for:
better, larger screen
physical keyboard
actual OS that runs games
double the storage
actual I/O (USB, HDMI, etc)
eGPU capability
much better CPU with almost double the turbo speed
better controls (vita dpad is god tier)

Also, you get it in a few days, rather than MAYBE THIS YEAR SOMETIME like most of the people who ordered the deck. And from this reseller, you get support and a warranty.

Meanwhile the GPU has been lacking in every single UMPC. A CPU of a gen ago still is good enough for many games. The only reason why GPU power mattered a lot on other UMPCs is because they didn't have nearly enough GPU power.

emulation is LAUGHABLY CPU dependent. And considering how many people think they're emulating on the deck, there are going to be a LOT of disappointments. it's ironic that they would be better off getting this "chinkshit"

Anything that only depends on CPU wmulation still works good on a CPU from last gen. Stuff like RPCS3 and Yuzu utilize the GPU a ton.

Why dont you spam this shit in switch threads?

>Stuff like RPCS3 and Yuzu utilize the GPU a ton.
but they STILL require a heftier CPU than a literall 99$ 3100

1. Less screen real-estate. Unless you have a fold 3 or a similar foldable which all go for double/triple the price you are sacrificing that.
2. XCloud has res drops and screen tearing on less than 60Mbps internet. Can't speak for Geforce Now but I don't have a 5g phone and I'm conservative with my phone bill, so sometimes I use wifi at work/airports/etc. which isn't good enough for that.

Attached: deckvsoledscreensize.png (1955x918, 632.71K)

I reserved one but Im waiting to see more people. I'm worried about them only showing indie shit, also the new ps2 emulator works well on my phone

lets see it

Nintendo games are expensive and have less games

This bothers me. They seem to have given all their review units to "devs" who make weirdo lolicon coomer games, which honestly makes me wonder how seriously they are taking this.

If they'd have just shown skyrim with mods or a few more AAA games, this would have fucking taken off crazy by now.

They showed some DMC5 footage but yeah, everytime I want to see some new game on there its always the same tranny indie developer and their Snes graphic games

It's annoying yeah, they could use some Snoy and at least show some Horizon and Uncharted. Also people want to see games like RE7 or REmake2 instead of the same pixelated shit
The one in CHARGE of the marketing must be a tranny, literally the only ones who got one have been trannies showing their pixelated games a fucking toaster could run and if I havent canceled mine yet is because I want to see people who bought this testing games that are atleast ps3 level of graphics

case in point, this pic. Stardew Valley can run on my RG351v. The game isn't what's important? Can you guess what is?

Attached: Steam_Deck_coop.jpg (1400x1050, 153.5K)

>You mean pay about £100 more for:
You mean $440 more.
>better, larger screen
Fair enough.
>physical keyboard
A badly placed one compared to the Win 3. It's a step back.
>actual OS that runs games
Weird. All the AAA Deck verified games are ones I like or have on my backlog...
>double the storage
You'd hope so for the price.
>actual I/O (USB, HDMI, etc)
Doesn't matter when it can be docked anyway for those features and costs almost half as much.
>eGPU capability
Unless you want it as your main pc this is pointless, and it would be an outdated main pc.
>much better CPU with almost double the turbo speed
CPU brand with notoriously bad igpu drivers lol.
>better controls (vita dpad is god tier)
Until you actually have evidence of people complaining about the controls this is a complete meme argument. There has been nothing but praise for the controls and the d-pad looks great. If we're going by what we *feel* then I feel like it would have worse controls due to the weight of the screen and the keyboard above and below your hands respectively and would look retarded.
>Also, you get it in a few days, rather than MAYBE THIS YEAR SOMETIME like most of the people who ordered the deck. you get support and a warranty.
Not buying your midget chink laptop that... wow! Gets a warranty like every other product on earth! Lmao.

>$440
Meant euros

Use the touchscreen or the trackpad's mouse emulation.

>You mean $440 more
the deck is £569 in the UK. Who cares about your crumbling, african cemetery of a country lol
>A badly placed one compared to the Win 3
opinion, tho
>All the AAA Deck verified games are ones I like or have on my backlog...
WOrkS oN My MacHInE!
>You'd hope so for the price.
oh, the extra £140 ish? I mean, I guess.
>Doesn't matter when it can be docked anyway
matters on a portable machine. Especially one which hurts for storage. Imagine not having easily switched-out USB samsung fit 512gb drives?
>Unless you want it as your main pc this is pointless
You would have a perfectly capable portable PC, then when docked, a workable main PC. having options is not bad..
>CPU brand with notoriously bad igpu drivers lol
opinions, tho.lol
>Until you actually have evidence of people complaining about the controls this is a complete meme argument.
The steam controller was NOT a runaway success because nobody wants this shit. The only reason they crammed it in there is because they could
>midget chink laptop
desperate and pathetic.

LMAO

Attached: 93e.png (706x669, 52.16K)

There is this Valheim game who actually showed footage and is not that low graphically
We also got that GOW pic but it could be just a screencaps or stream as far as we know
Steam Deck marketing is really bad and the best you can do is wait for the people that will receive it in February

Attached: 1643532720289m.jpg (1024x619, 88.18K)

Yeah, no. Show me some Kratos actually moving, Leon S Kennedy exploring, etc. Otherwise I'll cancel it

>Steam Deck is more a laptop alternative
It's not even a competitor. You can get a stronger laptop for a price cheaper than the steam deck

Phone is just a fraction as powerful as deck.
Playing shit on the hardware is impossible, and cloud gaming is the biggest scam

Why do you care so much what people buy, tendiewhales?

If you can't make a point in 250 characters or less then it's too long.

Show?

Yeah shits like these kill my hype

Attached: IMG_20220130_100611.jpg (1404x859, 229.66K)

>It's not even a competitor. You can get a stronger laptop for a price cheaper than the steam deck
Yea I mean you can get some okay Ryzen laptops in the 400-500 range if the scalping wasn't fucking everything, but form factor plays a part here. Ryzen is really amazing with thermals and won't choke down as much as many laptops. But anything too cheap is cutting corners somewhere. Fuck knows I've fixed enough of them. Valve I is taking a loss on the decks to push a platform.

My idea of mobile gaming is an actual handheld for old games, but I wouldn't count the deck out. Its mission isn't really units sold like a console.

Go back Twitter on your shit phone and stop eating paste.

>CPU brand with notoriously bad igpu drivers lol.
the AMD one is even cheaper lol

Attached: formeits.jpg (1742x661, 139.72K)

>Who cares about your crumbling, african cemetery of a country lol
Better than being taken over by muhammeds. Have fun fighting them off when anything sharper than a butterknife is banned.

Well, you just admitted the Euro, so we're probably in similar boats. Boats that ought to turn around and go back to fucking Eritrea, if you know what I mean.

Literally corrected it to euros immediately after Ahmed.
>matters on a portable machine. Especially one which hurts for storage. Imagine not having easily switched-out USB samsung fit 512gb drives?
That shit is exactly why it doesn't matter brainlet lol. Why the fuck would you use a portable drive on this thing? The SD card solution makes way more sense. If you really need something faster swapping in a larger ssd is easy.
>You would have a perfectly capable portable PC, then when docked, a workable main PC. having options is not bad..
If we had the option for more gpu headroom your argument would be that it isn't worth it over your alternative because of the worse cpu. Stop acting like you think this is a worthwhile point.
No UMPC is worth it as a long term main pc.
>opinions, tho.lol
The trouble others have with intel igpus are objective and measurable. Cope.
>The steam controller was NOT a runaway success because nobody wants this shit.
On the contrary, it has great reviews and the TouchPads + gyro could make this the best shooter handheld ever.
>desperate and pathetic
Says the literal gpd shill that tries to peddle this overpriced shit in every single Steam Deck thread before it's make completely obsolete in a month.

lol this poorfag uses a 200 dollar phone

Are you streaming through Steam? If you are, and this is going to sound retarded, but I couldn't figure out why I was getting video artifacts and lag in my video while using the Steam Play thing, then I found some random reddit post where some guy did a bunch of testing and he found out that if you set the Steam streaming bandwidth to unlimited then it shits the bed for a lot of people. So you have to set the bandwidth to 50mb/s. I did that and I don't have issues anymore even when my signal gets weak. Having more access points helps though.

Only a desperate shill would focus on one system and then immediately try and give me an alternative of the same product that fits my tastes better lmao.

>Why the fuck would you use a portable drive on this thing? The SD card solution makes way more sense
it's a lot easier and safer to eject USB drives than SD cards, and SD cards corrupt like crazy if you swap them out too much.
>If we had the option for more gpu headroom your argument would be that it isn't worth it over your alternative because of the worse cpu.
It doesn't matter. It would work perfectly well as both. CPU is needed for emulation, and the 1195g7 is very, very nice for it. Extra GPU through eGPU while docked just INCREASES one's options. A truly perfect device, portable or docked.
>The trouble others have with intel igpus are objective and measurable.
asked and answered here >On the contrary, it has great reviews and the TouchPads + gyro could make this the best shooter handheld ever.
imagine shilling for one of valve's many hardware failures, lol
>shill
okay, I accept your concession. You've been screaming "chink shill 1300 dollar midget laptop" for months. You're so angry about it, and I don't know why

My Samsung galaxy is powerful enough to emulate game consoles up to PS1 and N64, and handheld up to PSP and DS, so it's good enough for vidya, even though i already have a decent computer to play vidya on.

Is he taking a shit, and tweeting with his phone while playing games?

>"it" has x hahaha
>"it" also has y?
>hahaha why are you showing me "it" hahahaha

If we were talking about the Ayn Odin, I would do my best to show you an Ayn Odin that suited your needs, too.

>mobile phone
better specs, this is completely and totally inarguable
streaming sucks shit and anybody that's used it will tell you it's not worth it without a very good wifi connection and inability to play anything requiring fast reaction times like rhythm games
you need a separate controller or controller-device like a gamesir X2 for controls to not be cancer
not limited to android, it's a full PC in a shell

you should already be ashamed of yourself for trying to proffer game streaming as a mobile solution when even game streaming's biggest shills will tell you about its limitations

Attached: 1632153371648.png (1042x779, 1.41M)

>it's a lot easier and safer to eject USB drives than SD cards, and SD cards corrupt like crazy if you swap them out too much.
Only responding to this point because you're just shitposting now. You are carrying this device around and holding it... why would you have a portable ssd hanging off the back where it could possibly fall off. Such a fucking retarded thing to find acceptable lol. If you want to do this a USB c dock is capable of using your portable ssds... in a situation where it would actually make sense to use them. The nvme and the micro SD are tucked away in the deck as long term storage. You can swap them but most people won't do that. Do you see people doing this with the Switch? Of course you don't. And before you say its because "the games are smaller" or some bullshit, the Switch can handle fully sized console games from this last generation.

I have a steam account with 12 games on a computer.
If I get a Steam Deck, can I upload the Games that I have on my account onto the handheld console?

yes

>why would you have a portable ssd hanging off the back where it could possibly fall off.
I am talking about the USB ports on the win max. I am talking about pic related, not some...portable SSD or whatever you just decided to strawman into the conversation.

Attached: 91AFm52otyS._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1500x1049, 248.41K)

>mcnigger has no idea about Valve's lengthy history of linux vestments and how Deck is a successor of all their hardware projects so far
>thinks any of their hardware was "dropped" or "unsupported"

Holy fucking LMAO
How can this cuck still try to peddle that he knows anything about valve? I bet he doesn't even have a single lick about how linux works.

>>thinks any of their hardware was "dropped" or "unsupported"
cool, where can I buy a steam machine new?

Excellent.

>only 1 left in stock

Sure. Depending on what they are, they may or may not work.

So they're popular? Is that a bad thing now?
You can get an AMD one for even cheaper if you like. In stock.

It's called the Deck. And this time they realized all the pitfalls they tripped into because of how hard Steam Machines flopped.

and in a year's time, it will be called the deckard and you'll be so proud of how they realized all the pitfalls they tripped into because of how hard the deck v1 flopped

>deckard
Isn't that the VR version?

streaming carries inherent input lag
no thanks

Attached: bundestrojaner.png (2048x1536, 2.63M)

then cancel yours, so I will get mine earlier. Come on!

True. The Deck is also another stepping stone towards the Deckard.

Glad we both agree how Valve never really stopped supporting any of their hardware. They just used the corpses and out them in the brickwork of their foundations.

steam machines were not valve hardware

>Glad we both agree how Valve never really stopped supporting any of their hardware. They just used the corpses and out them in the brickwork of their foundations.

You already admitted the steam machines flopped, and now you're admitting the deck will too. Nobody cares about the corpses in the foundations.

>look at my shuck n jive, where I try to pretend the steam machines had nothing to do with valve!

were they manufactured by valve, yes or no?

they still were not manufactured by valve, and as such they had no say on halting their production

>rockpapershotgun.com/valve-say-steam-decks-progress-is-thanks-to-the-steam-machines-failure

Greg Coomer took responsibility. Also, yes. They were manufactured by valve using computer vendors.

The Sneed Dick is just a meme. There have been so many shitposts about this thing, and not half the people posting about it will ever even get one.

Running linux on it is a reason for me to buy it.

This guy has been deeply embittered since he lost his source at Valve and failed at making connections to leak info at other studios. He breaks no news and got completely cut off from everyone after that codeleaker almost got him in serious legal trouble. Guy is completely unhinged now and twice as fat.

>They were manufactured by valve
>...
>by getting OEMs like alienware to manufacture them for them

Because it's true. The Steam Machines did flop. Without them flopping Valve would have never gotten the shock they needed to realize that they couldn't really on anyone else when it comes to Linux ports, hence Proton, to the dismay of Ethan Lee. They realized that they couldn't rely on a fractured list of third party manufacturers and needed to put matters into their own hands as the vey makers of the hardware itself. The Steam Controller and subsequently the Steam Input api crawled so that it could run a few years after its inception as a genuinely reliable way to interface with games, PC especially, via the Deck's multiple inputs. And even the Index itself was a further learning lesson Valve had in regards to designing the Deck. From comfort, speaker design, further touch pad optimozations, and the nightmare they had with the first Knuckles models having stick drift problems.

Again. McNigger may be right about Valve's retardation towards game development but their hardware runs have built upon each other through out the years. And the Deck is a testament to the fact that they never stopped supporting their hardware. Simple as.

>techspot.com/news/90627-valve-experience-steam-machines-helped-steam-deck-development.html

"While the Steam Machines were a failure, Valve designers Greg Coomer, Lawrence Yang, and Scott Dalton told IGN that the company learned from that experiment and its other hardware products, applying the knowledge to the Steam Deck."

>pcgamer.com/uk/valve-says-steam-machines-were-a-good-idea-that-helped-make-steam-deck-possible/

""Steam Machines was a really good idea," Coomer said. "The operating system wasn't quite there, the number of games you could play on the system wasn't quite there. Really, we've looked at a lot of what we've learned as boxes that we needed to check if we were ever going to talk to customers again about that category. We didn't really want to bring this device to customers until we felt it was ready and that all those boxes were checked, essentially."

>but their hardware runs have built upon each other through out the years.
They literally made their own Steam Link hardware obsolete with an APP

Valve hardware had nothing to do with steam machines and big screen mode came out of their software updates from that, and a lot of big screen mode became the framework for the steamvr interface.

holy based hardware history chad

Attached: 1624082506824.png (535x790, 264.93K)

GoW werked one day on Wine.

>big screen mode came out of their software updates from that
and it's SHIT

this still has nothing to do with the fact that the hardware in the steam machines had nothing to do with valve
their contribution was steamOS

How is it obsolete? You still need a device for the app to run on, if you don't have one such device the Steam Link is cheaper than whatever you could get.

Wouldn't you as well when the writig was on the wall? Now it's a feature fully integrated into the Steam ecosystem much like how proton and steam input are. As long as Steam chugs along so too will these features.

And even the horribly dated BPM is getting revamped because of the Deck.

man stuff like this makes me wish some journocuck maybe geoff since hes close with them would make a documentary about valve hardware
the vr side especially seems hilarious because of the insane amounts of backstabbing that was happening during its early stages

>How is it obsolete? You still need a device for the app to run on
are you fucking serious? if you don;t have a "device", what are you playing that shit on?!

>have gaming PC in bedroom
>want to play games in living room
>need a device that will run Steam Link to plug onto your TV
What part are you having trouble understanding?

That's literally what he said

lmao is this guy VNN guy?

> Streaming
Kys nigger

>have gaming PC in bedroom
>want to play games in living room
>run steam link app on phone
>play
are you a fucking poofter or something?

The point is to play them on your TV, not your fucking smartphone. Not to mention wireless is dogshit for this purpose.

>The point is to play them on your TV
No it isn't you retard. Even if it was, just plug your fucking phone/tablet/anything that can run a simple app into the TV.

Gosh, what new gymnastics will you attempt next?

Attached: 1625163682817.png (757x157, 21.24K)

Apple wankers like you should go back to hacker news where they belong.

Attached: interjection.png (1306x1306, 1.89M)

And it was superceded by a free app that let you do it on anything with its own screen, you DUMB FUCKER.

Do you not see what you posted? They pushed that shit into the trash when they brought out an app that could do it on anything with no issue, even a raspberry pi. Goddamn you're dense

>The point is to play them on your TV
>No it isn't you retard.

>can't even read my post
>literally just repeats himself
sad. go away, now.

>don't have a raspberry pi
>don't have a smart tv
>don't want to deal with wireless latency
>don't want to use touch controls
>don't want to play on a 5 inch screen
>don't want to have my phone be unavailable while I'm playing video games

Attached: 1614949035871.jpg (255x256, 11.1K)

pot meet kettle

>Gosh, what new gymnastics will you attempt next?

Impressive. I only expected a backflip, not an entire fucking demonstration. 8.5

Attached: Yes, and_.png (234x386, 77.45K)

>wow you don't want to play PC games on your phone using shitty touch controls? talk about mental gymnastics!

Attached: 1615720846221.gif (280x302, 3.63M)

Now play Bloodborne aka a game I actually care about and can't play.

ok

Attached: 1616490981660.png (680x679, 483.27K)

phone shill niggers on damage control this close to deck release

fuck phones and thier shitty touchscreens and shitty OS straight into the fucking ground

I know I said the problem was...
*flips*
...the fact that I don't want my phone to be unavailable...
*twirls*
..but because THAT argument didn't work..
*pirouette*
...I NOW hate touch controls...
*hops*
...and will pretend that pads don't connect via bluetooth or USB!
*doesn't stick the landing*

>resorting to roleplay
you're flailing

Is that the point you take issue with? Do you really not see how getting a call while your phone is wired to both the TV and a gamepad at the same time (which I'm not even sure it's possible) might be a bother to someone?

>>resorting to roleplay
Your last post was an avatarfag

not that user, dipshit

Why don't you take this up with valve, who discontinued the steam link in favour of the app?

Then what makes you think I want to talk to you?

because you responded

They're not the ones in this thread screeching until their face is beet red about how the app completely invalidates the existence of the hardware.

Attached: triple-h-disgusted.gif (480x480, 3.3M)

>Your last post was an avatarfag
You don't actually know what that means, do you?

Attached: 1620669614473.png (720x672, 400.93K)

>the app completely invalidates the existence of the hardware
valve obviously thought so, when they discontinued the steam link in favour of the free app.

>Hi I heard you talking about the existence of sub-tripfag level bottom-feeder retards on the ass-end of pointless internet bitchfests and just wanted to make sure we're being properly represented, or I might have to badmouth you to KeroWolfLuvr69420 on discord between ERP sessions where I pretend I am a gerbil.

I'm good, thanks.

Schizo ramblings are always amusing.

Attached: 1631532825039.jpg (329x327, 22.54K)

It was discontinued because of low profits, not because there is objectively not a single possible scenario where the hardware would be preferable to the app.
>Valve thought so therefore it is so
Well I guess everything they said about the Steam Deck is true and not open to debate, wrap it up everyone thread over.

What the fuck are you idiots even arguing about anymore? The Steam Link still exists but in software form.

>>Valve thought so therefore it is so
Yes. They know why they did what they did with their own hardware.

>factual statements about the past are as true as speculation about the future
user...

Can't install PC games on your phone
/thread

it's because steam is the best and we get steam on a handheld built for it

Look here OP I found a pic of you.

Attached: NdacM6L.jpg (506x284, 24.93K)

>steam is the best
what free games are they offering this month?

Is this autism?

Not him but if I want free games I just pirate them.

Attached: homer.jpg (600x451, 49.42K)

>ooga booga where muh gibs at
Sorry, this website is for white people only.

If that were true this shithole wouldn't be infested with pajeets and amerimutts.

personally, the only free game i play is dead frontier 2. you can check it out

Attached: 2536.jpg (1920x1080, 176.83K)

dude, white people LOVE getting free shit from companies. They feel loved, then. it's why they hoard coupons, and look for "deals". people who don't steal value free gifts. people who steal don't care.

What happens if you steam deck has drift or if one of the buttons doesn't work?

Attached: OIP (7).jpg (474x741, 27.4K)

>americans
>white
pick uno, pablo.

Attached: 684655.jpg (245x206, 9.5K)

I'm not talking about Americans. They get a bad enough deal as it is. They're born at a 44% discount, and the doctor takes a tip at birth.

Is Retroarch and Yuzu going to run good on this?

Some of the shit he's saying in this video is actually outright false, like saying steam boxes weren't followed up on (that's exactly what steam deck is), or saying Steam Controller wasn't updated (it was), saying they didn't follow through on updating the steam link app or hardware (it's now something you can run on literally any hardware as an app and it works fine if you have a internet connection strong enough. t. frequent user of that feature) there's also stuff like "did they follow through on the steam curators program", like what, I run a curator, there's absolutely nothing broken about that feature and I can't even think of anything to expand it, it has every last thing I need to do with it.

I stopped watching the video midway, the bullshit piled on, don't even know why I'm responding to this you're not even gonna read it and consider the implications and just call me a valve drone so I'm just gonna leave with this link

vocaroo.com/1fgxGHcxbqX

What happened in the past if your gameboy or psp had stick drift or one of the buttons didn't work? Also IIRC Valve said it was going to sell replacement parts for sticks and the like.

Better than a phone or a laptop will

who is this dude and why is he salty about talking about twitter trannies?

Gameboys were only $80 and nintendo handhelds didn't have joysticks until the switch.

When my psp joystick broke, I had to replace it and it broke my entire system. The whole system was unusable.