I finally did it bros

i finally did it bros...

Attached: Guardian_Ape_guide_header.jpg (1400x1050, 154.72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-BnBtJIR9HU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven-Branched_Sword
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

user I am so proud of you, keep it up!

thanks it really took me a while!

huh whats that noise? .....

Attached: Screenshot_20220130-013151.png (1339x1501, 2.13M)

OH NO

I know it's a meme but after I killed that faggot I grabbed my glass of water and did a legit spittake mid sip as I desperately tried to find my controller. What a moment

Really hope theres a boss like this for Elden Ring. Incredibly well designed on playing on your expectations

One of the best bosses they've ever made and this game has multiple great bosses. Sekiro is the pinnacle of Fromsoftware.

based
there surely will be, it will be the game with the most bosses so far, so they have to do some creative stuff to keep it interesting

OH N-

Attached: FKFMLwIXoAg4rW7.jpg (1920x1080, 390.66K)

This flailing broken piece of shit is one of their best bosses? Good lord. I beat him and then turned the game off and never played it again because i had it with this shit game. Every boss was a miserable experience.

Attached: 1638216808171.webm (960x540, 2.9M)

Is that your webm? I can figure why, your absolute trash m8

What game magazine do you work for?

>flailing broken piece of shit
whats broken exactly? him chimping out is the challenge, and if you practice you can easily maneuver it. its 100% fair.

Any Forums is so fucking bad at video games

Attached: fuiltered..png (600x488, 396.87K)

He looks like Kratos

Kino game, kino boss
I actually prefer the second phase, it's pretty easy, but deflecting its attacks is incredibly satisfying, especially that one massive overhead one

So what was the crusty shit around it's neck?

KEK

>this bossrush game with shit exploration, stealth, and progression is peak fromsoftware

Attached: b22b022872230ce372003cd3af0b888d.png (146x156, 41.73K)

Attached: V outed.jpg (1920x1080, 299.96K)

shit camera but that just adds to the challenge!! Bravo fromsoftware you did it.

hes old as fuck since hes immortal (this is even written in the info about his memory) so its literally just a crust of cornea or some shit. that info also states hes really lonely, and hes guarding the cave since he wants to gift the flower to a female ape, should there ever come on around...

Is fair with the right tools.

One of my all time favorite boss encounters

>this game has multiple great bosses.
Shouldve stopped there. We all know Bloodborne is pinnacle FromSoftware

>lets make your tools cost ammo

Pinnacle of FROM was AC:NEXUS, get reaaal lmao

Attached: dangerous.jpg (1280x1024, 150.89K)

Shit dingle berrys from not having any toilet paper

it has the best combat so it being linear works well, fighting (mini-)bosses is the highlight of this game

No one cares about AC

It has the worst combat and the bosses are all torture.

you have more than enough to beat Guardian Ape. otherwise you could spam that shit and people would cry about it being overpowered. Imagine endless firecrackers or shuriken

I've probably played and enjoyed Sekiro more than you have, I'm just not an idiot fanboy.

Attached: Capture.png (3435x1369, 2.79M)

>bossrush
was the best decision they made. Sometimes I simply fight against the trinity of old men (Isshin Perfected, Big Father and the War Crimes Demon).

>shit exploration
I concede. The game doesn't have the labyrinthine architectural design of other titles. Ashina's castle is a great potential wasted in that sense.

>stealth
They made a way for Takuma Endo to comeback for his flagship game for the PS5. I respect this. In addition, the rawness of stealth allows to perceive the shinobi for what they were, sengoku special forces.

>shit progression
I don't know what you mean by this one. Please elaborate.

it's not that they don't care, they just don't know

cope

>the bosses are all torture.
how? most people had a lot of fun with them, the parrying in Sekiro is one of the most satisfying combat mechanics ever imo

Oh no your tools might be useable. We wouldn't want people having FUN?

Filtered.

Imagine getting filtered by a shit flinging monkey

I don't like it either. But I guess it was a decision to balance the combat system. It takes some of the fun out of it for sure. Also, I don't like that you spend "karmic ammo" to draw a knife or activate the axe mechanism. It makes more sense with combat techniques, in the lore dimension of the game.

The game's story explores the concept of the forbidden in combat and warfare. In that sense it is justified.

well done user, the 2nd part is easier

>spamming ranged projectiles is fun
>spamming a tool that makes the enemy not move is fun
you do you but i heavily disagree

it's a good boss but not as good as Demon of Hatred
kek

The combat feels fun when is mastered.

>got my ass destroyed like 20 times first time through belled
>got it on one the next two times I fought him, belled and charmless NG
Easy monkey, set him on fire and hit him.

Attached: proud.jpg (550x287, 27.06K)

>beat game 4 times
>can reliably beat Inner Isshin 1st try
>fat bastards still fuck me up
I swear they're the hardest boss

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 2.88M)

I wanted more lore on this guys. Are they some kind of...proto yakuza?

Not talking about the bossrush mode, that was a great addition. I mean there's very little value in any aspects of the game outside of fighting the bosses. In fact the game only got more and more enjoyable as I climbed through the NG+ levels and the need to engage with the tacked on prosthetic crafting, dogshit loot, and unrewarding exploration waned.
By shit progression I mean you basically never unlock anything worth using throughout the entire duration of the game. The best prosthetics and Combat Arts are tied to a limited resource and incredibly situational.

Attached: steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net.jpg (3440x1440, 729.22K)

have you tried burning him when his health is low? O Rin is a more difficult boss since she catches your spawn-rolls.

One bandit leader, one weird monkey hermit drunk, one strikeforce leader.

this boss is literally your drunk dad at 2AM when youre loud in the kitchen

I used a trainer to beat the rest of the game after losing to this guy twice lol

theres three??

Sekiro REALLY likes reusing bosses and mini-bosses. This game is unironically worse than Dark Souls 1 with it's Asylum Demons.

>By shit progression I mean you basically never unlock anything worth using throughout the entire duration of the game

I concede. I would have liked it to have had more secrets. More hidden things. In that sense, only Shura Ending can be considered to has that, by unlocking "forbidden content". But I would really like the game to have some kind of greater depth.

One at Hirata estates, one at the village covered in mist, and one near the merchant after the ashina invasion.

I hate that my secondary friend spoiled it literally moments before I reached the boss by being a zoomer and discussing with another guy in VoiP that some streamer was fighting the ape and then after death it just picked up the head and that was pog. Was quite mad at him!

O'Rin is easier to me cause her attacks telegraphed and have stable timing, so you just parry her to death with some counterattacks here and there.
The fat dudes have fucked up timing on those slow swings and punches.

Sometimes I feel that the FROM team really raced against time and that's why there are so many recycled enemies. They could have gone deeper into lore to counterbalance this. Although I must confess that I like to fight against them.

>one at the village covered in mist
i completely missed that one, do you mean Mibu village?

Where the mist noble is. I guess it's not really a village.

The "counter-rhythm" or "un-rhythm" attacks they make are really annoying.

He's in the village with the ghosts, where you kill the freaky shrimp guy with the lute to dispell the fog. You need to jump over him to get to the tree, so you can enter the building.

lmao i never saw him, i just know theres a headless there.
>mist noble
what was that shit about even? anyone know the lore?

Same. It was a side project they cranked out before Elden Ring that turned out way better than it had any right being.

60% of people dont even make it to guardian ape so evidently most people didn't have fun with them.

1. thats a general problem with steam games
2. thats a general problem in modern gaming, many people tried some boss three times and just gave up since theres more to do. 40% is actually really high all things considered.

What really astounds me that the game won GOTY while simultaneously filtering so many people.

The Mibu Village exists on the runoff of the palace. If you drink enough Palace water, you'll turn into a funny fishman. That happens to the village leader if you get him enough pure fountainhead water, in fact. It grants the abiolity to attain immortality through siphoning the youth of others and makes you look like that.

Sekiro's buildup to fighting and beating Genichiro in your first playthrough is one of the greatest mechanical build-ups in gaming. Every skill that you should know by then is tested and you are further equipped to handle the rest of the game once you beat him.

Attached: sekiro-genichiro-1st-fight.jpg (1920x1080, 155.22K)

>They could have gone deeper into lore to counterbalance this.
I mean, it has more of a story and characters than literally any souls game, so they couldn't do much else in that regard.
It mostly recycles optional minibosses anyway so i don't care.

Most likely some kind of bone like buildup caused by the sword cutting and being in the way of natural healing and function

one of the most fun bosses once you figured him out. then you get some dragonball shit in his third phase as the cherry on top. also helps that he is a pretty cartoonish villain

Yeah, he's the filter in the purest sense
By this point, you should either know the game, or not

Is a FROM Shinobi game. Is a dream come true. What Is the last Shinobi game we got before this one?

>cartoonish
He literally just wants to save his homeland. He's willing to do anything to give Ashina the ability to survive, he's completely lost himself to desperation.

>It was a side project they cranked out before Elden Ring
?
It was the opposite. It was the main thing they were working on after Bloodborne, with Miyazaki's full attention.
Elden Ring is just another filler series to pay the bills while Miyazaki works on other stuff. Elden Ring will have 2 other sequels.

It was also the first time I realized Sekiro is a pseudo-rhythm game

hes Zuko with Ashina instead of honor. and i loved it. "Ash-ina...." *dies*

That boss was rather easy. Got it on my second try and the 2 apes on my first try.

Any Forums meming this boss as hard as fuck challenge is weird.

I think they could've buffed him up for the palace fight. Having him be this tragic, joke of a character for the entire game, who just gets styled on by wolf 3 times and never gets better, it clashes with his insane drive and determination.

Attached: sekiro 2022-01-18 09-10-15.png (1920x1080, 1.4M)

The dude is the last japanese patriot. But he commited horrible crimes.

Attached: FIxQyZkWUAQwIbX.jpg (1920x1080, 124.57K)

Well that's kind of the point. He IS impotent. He has all the drive and determination in the world, but he just isn't good enough, and he knows it. He's no Isshin, hell, he's no Sekiro since you can even beat him in the tutorial. He can't even beat the hidden monkeys because of his constant desperation to do everything as quickly as possible. This all isn't helped by the fact he's three steps from becoming red-eyed and losing himself to that whole kind of insanity.

I'm the same. It irks me that even after completing Mortal Journey these guys were still fucking me up. Them and Headless although he latter can at least be bursted down. By the end I gave up facing them directly, basically just dodging away from every attack and only taking potshots.

Attached: Sekiro 2022-01-21 20-14-36.webm (540x300, 2.8M)

They shred your posture and health like no other enemy, except for maybe the headless.

to be fair, the monkeys are annoying faggots

Where the fuck did he get the Open Gate odachi?

>He can't even beat the hidden monkeys
what do you mean

Lol

You know the monkeys you fought for the red mortal blade? He fought them as well, and failed to get them all because he simply chased them around in a blind rage.
No idea, somewhere else I guess. Genichirou is a top-tier warrior, but he's like 98th percentile while his grandpa is a 99.9999th% freak of nature and raised his land off of one in a million warriors.

>He fought them as well, and failed to get them all because he simply chased them around in a blind rage.
how do you know this?

The monk in the monkey dimension mentions that there was a dude here who couldn't do it. Pretty sure that was Genichiro.
>"I do not wish to leave the Halls of Illusion. It is usually quiet here, which means it is near to nirvana in it's own way...At least that is how it feels to me...Oh yes, by the way...There was once someone who, like you, was on a mission. I believe he chased the monkeys for a while but.. .Everything here eventually went silent. I pray that you succeed."

It's kind of the point of the story. The weak (Genichiro, Owl) seek the power of immortality, not understanding the corruption and stagnation it brings, but always lose because they are not worthy of it. The strong (Sekiro, Kuro, Isshin) are worthy of that power, but ironically they are worthy because they reject it.

Did anyone else prefer the ape phase to the sword phase? I enjoy the beastly erratic movement to the 2nd

Geni was searching for the Mortal Blade before Sekiro, but he couldn't get past the monkeys. It's not just about drive and determination. Being flexible, adaptable, and resourceful are also required, of which Sekiro (You) has plenty of.

He eventually finds the black one, though.

Attached: Divine Child 1.jpg (300x168, 12.06K)

The monk in the Hall of Illusions alludes to "Another" than preceded you. Who else did you think it was? Wouldn't have been Owl, that old bastard would have annihilated the apes.

>He eventually finds the black one
i cant be the only one who laughed when he said
>behold, the OTHER mortal blade

Sekiro's development starting in 2015 doesn't mean it was the main thing they were working on. The game having such a limited scope despite apparently 4 years of development should speak for itself.

People have said that it's the same sword Isshin uses in the opening cutscene
No idea if that's bullshit, though, but would be both funny and dumb

It's alluded to several times if you eavesdrop or find Isshin's scroll.

Didn't Tomoe originally wield Open Gate? I assume Isshin knew where she hid it and only revealed it to Genichiro after Ashina was already doomed.

Being a proficient archer should've made the monkeys a breeze, we are however talking about Jobichiro here.

You can deduce it's him because who else would have access to the book? The info is given to you by Isshin.

>genichiro is weak
I don't think he is weak, but he has moved away from virtue. For this reason he lost the grace of Buddha and Isshin. He allows experiments against political prisoners, lets the monks of the Kongo amount to wallow in their heresy, when the secret for the survival of Ashina is related to the technological advances in firearms made by the exiles.

Also their elite forces went into combat without armor. How the hell do they go with cloth clothes to confront the Chinese forces...I mean the Ministry of Interior when they carry armor.

>owl is weak
I don't get Shura ending yet but there are details about him suspicious.

This, but unironically.

Cool now you can fight the easy part of that boss.
Once you get the scream windup memorized, headless ape is a victory lap.

means they probably spent the better part of a year figuring out a new combat system instead of rehashing shit, yes.

The fact that it's the only game Miyazaki directed with his Bloodborne partner says it was a main project, while DS3 were relegated to Tanimura & co.

but where does the black sword come from?

The "other" could by Sculptor

I think you misunderstand how shitty armor was in japan for a long time. Date's forces having plate was from trade with the portugese. The Interior Ministry is nigh-unstoppable because their tech is miles ahead of the rest of japan.

Unironically one of the easier bosses, you just got filtered because you're bad lmao

Attached: Sekiro 2022-01-24 15-55-23.webm (1360x768, 841.58K)

>Chinese forces
What? Ministry of the Interior likely refers to Tokugawa's personal army. China never invaded Japan.

See It comes from the same place the Gracious Gift came from. So, uh, who fucking knows? Probably came to Ashina along with the Dragon if not given directly by the dragon.

>We all know
the 2 people who actually played it know that, the others don't have Snoy's magic $400 box

The sculptor never went for the mortal blade and never would. He lost his arm the first time he nearly went shura, and when it happened again he sequestered himself and gave up the life of a shinobi. Also, the sculptor would fucking ANNIHILATE those monkeys, he literally trained with monkeys his entire life, his name is Orangutan for fucks sake.

Fug, I never tried this

Attached: 1334015770258.jpg (253x226, 11.08K)

Whenever I replay the game I always feel bad for Genichiro since I always beat his ass first try, and at the same time somehow becoming grandpa Isshin’s favorite war orphan.

So where was the black one?

It's never stated explicitly, only that it's "hidden" somewhere. I think the hiding place was more mundane though, none of that monkey business.

Guardian ape took me like 40 tries. The first phase is harder but of course the 2nd phase managed to filter me like 10 times at least. Went to the 2nd ape, tried a few times and called it quits for the day

One shotted the 2nd ape next morning

It is irrelevant where it is
Webm's just to show that Isshin and by extension Genichiro knows where it is
It might even be in the castle

Attached: Sekiro 2022-01-23 13-41-56.webm (1360x768, 1.93M)

>Get finger whistle from headless ape
>Item only describes a hand being found
I always assumed that we’d get dlc of some kind that’d introduce an armless Kingfisher as an NPC/boss.

>A main project that rehashes it's own content more than any Fromsoft game in recent memory
>doesn't replace RPG elements with a meaningful amount of distinct playstyles (stealth sucks, prosthetics suck, and there's only one weapon)
>Didn't get a DLC despite being less feature complete than Bloodborne, a game everyone agrees felt unfinished prior to The Old Hunters.

Better make that 3 years figuring out a new combat system. Or... that's just major copage.

I like your autistic way of organizing your library.

Implication is that Kingfisher got digested and the finger whistle persisted in the belly of the beast
Somehow

Attached: 1596056465579.gif (192x197, 87.07K)

I kept getting my ass beat until I learned about the spear trick for his second phase. Melted his health with that and managed to finally beat him after a couple hours.

Except you never played this game, kiddo.

Its possible Lord Takeru brought it from the Divine Realm and it passed through Ashina's nobility after he left abdicated and left. Seems like its their functional trip home and it makes sense since Senpo finds the red one in their investigations of the Dragon.

There are bits of lore in the prayer necklace description.

>game features child murdering
How the fuck FROM got away with this?

Attached: FJHHwixXwAET0QI.jpg (1920x1080, 164.65K)

What do you think would happen if Isshin won the final duel? Would he go on to massacre the entire Ministry invasion force to humor Genichiro?

Attached: sekiro 2022-01-24 00-51-32.png (1920x1080, 2.94M)

he'd disappear after beating you

Probably made of metal or hardwood.

Likely. He only fights Sekiro to honor his grandson's dying wish, so it's likely he'd fight for Ashina as well, although who's to say how well he'd fare considering the rest of Japan would be united against him.

Wasn't Genichiro's "wish", for him to save Ashina?

Attached: FKFNkwvXsAAgzwQ.jpg (1920x1080, 148.87K)

Yes, he would absolutely fuck the Interior Ministry to death. The problem is, that wouldn't stop them, and he only has one place he can be at the time. It would be a fucking awful series of massacres that would probably leave Ashina more hollow than it already was.

The timing is definitely a bit fucked up but you get the patterns down, like with everything else in the game, with practice/dying until the movesets are burned into your brain

I feel like he’d manage to take care of the ministry and scare the shit out of Japan into leaving Ashina alone again for another few decades or so. Remember, the Demon of Hatred already took out a large number of them prior to the final battle with Isshin.

>beat the game 5 times
>never did that ending
I just can't do it. The cinnamon roll must be saved.

Attached: sekiro 2022-01-19 04-17-14.png (1920x1080, 1.42M)

His spirit is still alive in a blind immortal little girl in the best ending. Plus it becomes a literal journey to the west.

>text you Get after putting Sword Saint down:
>"IMMORTALITY SEVERED"
He'd probably take Kuro and make everyone in Ashina immortal if he's being controlled by "Genichiro's last desire"
It will probably plague the entirety of Japan with Dragonrot

Attached: 1598209888767.jpg (1280x720, 324.57K)

>No ending where you team up with Genichiro and go get the dragon's blood from the source for the good of Ashina before skullfucking the interior ministry
God damnit, Genichiro. You didn't deserve to become a muscle-memory destroying warm up to Isshin.

the spear thing? i never ever got it to work. i had to whittle him down without it

>shura ending
>collected the four lord souls (owl, emma, isshin, kuro)
>hand gets set on fire like the link the fire ending in DS1
BRAVO FROMSOFT

>make everyone immortal
I doubt that highly, he's not "Controlled" by the wish, but he feels compelled to honor it against his own judgement.
Getting Ashina the dragon's blood for its entire fighting force would kill all of Japan is not the wider world. One person dying a lot previously sent Japan into a crisis. Genichiro's motivation is completely understandable, but he's blind to the devastation he would bring to get his win and defend his homeland for Isshin.

They are a joke when you understand you can just run circles around them to avoid their attack and just safely attack when the drink.
Takes a while but there are 0 risks involved.

It never would’ve worked. Wolf is too autistic about protecting Kuro and Genichiro is too autistic about immortality being the only solution to his problem. Emma was the only war orphan who ended up not being autistic and she’s a harder boss because of it.

Do you think Sekiro manages to kill Kuro in that ending? The blade can be used to make him bleed, but don't you need the whole tear ritual thing to actually finish him off?

He has to be on the ground after getting his big sword drop parried, and you have to stab his throat.

I'll be incredibly sad if we don't get Sekiro 2. Return is such blatant sequel bait and it was From's second best selling game, they have to. I just hope the Activision business doesn't change anything, no idea who owns the IP.

Attached: 1593373754440.jpg (1024x543, 263.47K)

You can kill the Mikos, but their gift gets bestowed on a different child. Takeru died, but Kuro still has it because Takeru didn't die PROPERLY.

Fromsoft still owns the IP, luckily for us.

>no dlc
>but surely we'll get sekiro 2
lol

If you take an army of shitters against an army of actually competent fuckers running a scorched earth strategy, all you'd get are a bunch of eternally torched zombie shitters
Ashina had no chance, and was single-handled its own state on the back of Isshin

Soon to be their third best selling

Attached: 66f-1.png (339x380, 131.18K)

The final sword hit also has a different sound than the usual parry sound as well.

I guess that's less fucked up than shura Sekiro slashing at him with his sword for like an hour, unable to end him.

Attached: 7547213546.jpg (1191x697, 120.88K)

And it's the best sound in the fucking game

We need Sekino 2: Fear and Loathing in Mongolia.

The best sound in the game is when Wolf puts his finger in someone's noggin to do the puppeteer jutsu.

Isshin had several competent fighters under him, but they were also all aging old bastards or dead. Hell, just making the ashina elite samurai immortal would lead to the Ministry being murdered either by dragonrot or endless resurrecting swords. Then they could take the armor and weapons and continue, but the constant battle would be killing EVERYBODY in Ashina that wasn't already immortal.

It's not like you can target where Dragonrot goes
Even the Ashina elites would die to Ministry elites, and bit by bit EVERYONE involved would be poisoned until everyone gave up or died
But either way, the whole thing was a desperate fool's errand

>be ministry mook
>kill an enemy samurai
>tfw he steals your mum's blood's power to get back up

Attached: 1434839877785.jpg (499x700, 74.49K)

It seems to go to people you've met. It would, inevitably, hit the ministry warriors.

Bullshit.

Granted, and the ending would definitely have a tragic tone, but just consider *fuck* the interior ministry.
>You and Genichiro gain stupid attack strength, infinite posture, and the ability to revive immediately. The Red blade of severance is now your primary weapon.
>Absolutely destroy the Interior Ministry's forces from Ashina Castle to Ashina Outskirts in a massive display of super natural aggression
>Outside of the Dilapidated Temple, fight a 2v2 against Isshin and Sculptor who're trying to stop you two from becoming Kishin
>Win, but see Ashina Castle's tower collapse in the distance, causing Genichiro to absolutely lose it before the game cuts.
It would be sick.

Attached: niptjjnyqrq21.png (400x388, 155.68K)

>>Didn't get a DLC despite being less feature complete than Bloodborne
what features are missing in Sekiro?
>>A main project that rehashes it's own content more than any Fromsoft game in recent memory
congratulations you're now realizing that Miyazaki is a hack
>>doesn't replace RPG elements with a meaningful amount of distinct playstyles (stealth sucks, prosthetics suck, and there's only one weapon)
It's not an RPG you dumb tranny

>*fuck* the interior ministry
what'd they ever do to you? they're just trying to unite japan so it becomes less of a backwater shithole

Resort to a covert entry and massacre when their frontal assaults failed. By any right, Ashina should have been able to rule itself and their agents would never have been able to get inside if Owl didn't abandon his responsibilities to chase immortality. Isshin talks about an ancient time when the residence of Ashina were on good terms with the supernatural aspects of their land and without outside rule or the need to weaponize those aspects, there's a potential for Ashina to recapture what was lost.

Immortality WAS basically the only solution to his problem. He had fewer people that were less skilled and less equipped, Ashina was COMPLETELY fucked.

Sure namefag-kun, but what does that have to do with (you), or Sekiro. You have literally 0 allegiance to either side of the conflict. They are both hostile to you.

And part of mastering it would be learning to conserve your spirit emblems? Or use the tanto to trade some HP for spirit emblems. Or take the perks which give you more spirit emblems.

The ape coming back from the dead was a great moment but the best bosses in Sekiro are the humanoid enemies. Basically the less like Soulsborne this game is the better it is.

Tanto is for experienced people only. You have to kill the seven faced asshole to get it.

Those guys are fucking jobbers, just hit them with your sword with confetti on it.

For me, it's Shura. I've killed the brat three times on PS4 and once on PC and I really don't have much of a problem with it because the boy is out of the way so Ema can ride wolf to oblivion on the temple for the years to come.

But Shura is the worst possible route. Wolf smiling is not normal. If I do Shura I'm going to do it with Tengu's mask to nullify that evil grin.

Attached: FKUV1a_XIAI-zRN.jpg (1920x1080, 74.65K)

Most of Froms evil route endings never really make me feel too bad, maybe DS3 because I don’t like stepping on the Firekeepers head, but the Shura ending makes me feel like such a piece of shit. The absolute disappointment that both Emma and Isshin have for you doesn’t help.

>>What features are missing in Sekiro
You're asking the wrong question. The current incredibly unambitious version of Sekiro we have isn't really lacking in any major features because it doesn't really try anything. It's very much like an indie game in that respect, but what could have been if it's scope were more in line with other AAAs? What is Indiekiro lacking though? See and >congratulations you're now realizing that Miyazaki is a hack
False, and besides the point.
>It's not an RPG you dumb tranny (lol)
I never said it was. I was pointing out the fact that it never replaced the utility of RPG elements with gameplay elements like more than one weapon (i.e. MGR, DMC, NG), actually good stealth, or styles like Devil May Cry.

>namefag-kun
Fuck, forgot to take that off.
Ashina's forces are against you because you're helping Kuro avoid sharing immortality. But you also get a more complete look of the entirety of Ashina than anyone else save for maybe Sculptor and Owl. Isshin tells you the reason why so much of Ashina is corrupted is because of so long under foreign rule not respecting the land and the reason for the rebellion in the first place was to correct that. I feel like between those two facts and Genichiro's excellent character arc/ descent into madness, there's room for Sekiro to be moved to protect Ashina and ensure its independence. That's where my heart went playing the game, anyway.

I'm not that guy, but the whole spirit emblem thing sucks dick big time. What is even the point of it? Punishing bad players by removing their tools and cool weapon arts, when they were already failing? Or are they supposed to grind gold in a goddamn ninja action game to buy them back? The good players don't notice it, while the bad players have their game made even harder and less fun. It goes against the spirit of trial and error the game is supposed to have.

Attached: 1595676808761.jpg (208x294, 17.33K)

>doesn't really try anything
It's the only change to the core gameplay in a fromsoft game since DeS. Even Bloodborne is just DeS roll and hit sped way up with a really cool setting.

Absolutely based keep it up op

Honestly this. If they ever remaster Sekiro, they should remove spirit emblems and figure out a way to let you equip multiple combat arts at once. None of the shinobi tools break the game and using any of them has the same risk/reward considerations as a dodge attack.

>What is even the point of it?
It allows fromsoft to create more powerful techniques/prosthetic abilities without having to worry about breaking game balance. Fuck, could you image how stupid the combat would be if things like mortal blade/firecrackers were FREE?

Again, it's like an indie game in that all it really has to offer is the novelty of one aspect of it's design.
Otherwise it's an Action Adventure game where you have less meaningful agency in combat than action games on the PS2. And the only thing to find whilst exploring are Ceramic Shards, Ash, and tacked on crafting materials.
Also the deflecting mechanic isn't even new, it's only new to FromSoftware.

Mortal blade could cost a chunk of health and already has a huge recovery time. Firecrackers could have their own internal ammunition count replenished at sculptures.
Ok, maybe spirit emblems are fine, but some prosthetics like the axe and spear should be free.

>one aspect
And the lore and the setting and the art design.
>less meaningful agency
None of the souls titles have meaningful agency. Bloodborne has less meaningful agency than the souls titles. These games have very fundamentally simply combat, and playing with a lonsword and a greatsword is playing the exact same way with slightly different timings.
>only thing to find while exploring
Actually there's quite a lot of progression tied behind exploring, and it's not like finding a new weapon to never use or armor you don't want to equip matters in souls games.
>it isn't even new
Neither is applying iframes to enemy attacks then attacking them.

It takes too much figuring out minute, arbitrary idiosyncrasies of each boss's cadence, patterns and hitboxes. If I see the ape jumping to grab me and I jump out of the way on reasonable time I should have avoided the attack. Instead you'll get grabbed a lot of the time without any intuition of why it didn't work. So then after 5-10 runs dying to that I'll finally figure out that jumping then immediately jumping again will satisfy, then I'll have to move on to getting some other move down. I've got to stack up several of these learned behaviors every time I meet a boss. Why can't the fundamentals be more reliable across the board?

Then make them cost more. Them being OP and cheap with a limited global supply is even worse, because again, good players will have a supply and can abuse them and do shit like spamming firecrackers at the apes, while bad ones will eventually get limited to a sad sword only boss fight.

Firecrackers are gay. Never used them or any other tools that basically shut the boss off (e.g. the whistle).

Welcome to Fromsoft games, memorize the timings and apply iframes.

treat it like a rhythm game

>If I see the ape jumping to grab me and I jump out of the way on reasonable time I should have avoided the attack. Instead you'll get grabbed a lot of the time without any intuition of why it didn't work.

Dunno, buddy. I could jump the grab just fine. Also run away from the scream in the second phase (saw someone elsewhere say they can't avoid it, lol).

Maybe it's cause I'm usually react early to stuff. It's the attacks where you need to wait a moment or two that fuck me up more. But even those become okay when I specifically focus on them.

Sword Saint is litterally immortal. Unless ministry got their hands on mortal blade they wouldn’t have been able to stop him.

If you used firecracker to beat a boss you didn't really beat the boss.

>>and the lore and the setting and the art design
>Ironically the few things indies tend to have going for them
kek. I shouldn't have said
>one aspect
but my point still stands. It's falls flat in many meaningful areas. It's a low budget game through and through.

>None of the souls titles have meaningful agency.
They all have far more than Sekiro.

>Quite a lot of progression
I'm assuming you're referring to Prayer Beads (estus flask shards) and maybe Headless Spiritfalls (literally an item you can find on the floor). This isn't even close to being able to find spell vendors, entire armor sets, and weapons that can dramatically alter your playstyle.
>Neither is applying iframes to enemy attacks then attacking them
Dark Souls isn't a one note action game though, so it doesn't need to rely on the novelty of it's combat alone. Hope you're seeing the problem now.

The jap-portuguese armor is fucking great

Attached: FIxQ5ZeXIAUazQy.jpg (1920x1080, 199.78K)

ROBEEEEEEEEEEEEEERT

>Why can't the fundamentals be more reliable across the board?
They are. You can deflect/block EVERYTHING that doesn't have the 'Death' kanji appear.
The monkey grab is a really bad example, and I think it's one of the only 2 enemy moves (the other being the Demon of Hatered swipe) where it's not immediately clear what to do. The solution is just to run towards it anyway.

Attached: ape escape.gif (1024x766, 24.65K)

Great gif. Great advice too. Thanks for you hard work.

You can parry all of those attacks retard.

I like it between the bosses when the game is hard enough to challenge you to use different approaches to make your way through all the grunts, the exploration is good and when you finally figure what you were doing wrong it's actually enlightening and satisfying. You may 2 or 3 times on a hard stretch but that keeps the tension exactly where it should be.

Then you get to a boss, it's one mistake = death usually (because of various stun locks), and there are half a dozen unique ways to make a mistake through the progression of a fight, so I just have plod through over multiple deaths, even just testing out parries and dodges, let alone even beginning to think about what items or prosthetics will help. And then I have to consider whether it's even worth using items because they'll be gone after a few deaths and I'll have to farm more, though I could then just spend that farming time getting the parry shit down for that particular guy, so by the time I actually have a decent chance of taking the guy down I am now proficient enough to eschew anything consumable and may as well save it for upgrade money or a harder foe down the line.

By the end there's no feeling of satisfaction because I've been pushed well beyond the point of tension into plain annoyance and general confusion.

From should have done more with the context specific skills like high monk. Those were so fucking good and it would mesh real skill expression with sekiros gameplay easily.
I still think its the best game they have made but they already had an implementation of a context specific skill like high monk working perfectly, why did they pussy out on making a few more?

why are the senpou moves all useless?
>praying strikes: 0 vitality damage, insignificant posture damage that gets recovered
>kicks: slightly better

The flying kick/high monk is an upgrade to the sweep punish. It deals insane posture damage if you use it against an enemy sweep attack. The praying strikes are kinda bad, but I heard the charged 1st attack from the exorcism version can stagger enemies when they charge up hyper armor moves.

Literally only the spinning attack and mortal blade are worth using

the sword sticking through it's neck belonged to kingfisher, right? does that imply she would've won if the guardian ape wasn't immortal?

yeah thats why she was eaten

High Monk may not be optimal but it sure as hell is fun to use.

Ichimonji is the best weapon art in the game. The posture restoration makes it so you don't need to take any posture breaks in boss fights.

Not him but in sekiro it is never
>one mistake equals death
Im pretty sure they fix boss damage ratios so you can only get killed by being hit by two attacks at once, and you need to get hit in a way that you dont fall to your safety if that makes sense.
You have to get hit without blocking into a posture break in the middle of a quick combo so the combo can still continue and hit you again. Or do something with fire, fire can fucking instarape you.

Huh, I never figured out that it was her sword. She had to be a big lady to swing that thing.

>The flying kick/high monk is an upgrade to the sweep punish
huh. gonna try that next time

I may be bullshitting but I'm pretty sure you take more damage if your posture is broken so I guess you'll only die to 1 hit if your posture breaks

When did the game click for you?
I remember struggling against every boss until the rematch against genichiro, then suddenly I got the flow of the game. Great game, I hope elden ring will live up to expectations.

Remember that she and Sculptor were essentially human monkeys for a time, with all the heavy arm work that would imply.

>Im pretty sure they fix boss damage ratios so you can only get killed by being hit by two attacks at once
That's mostly true. The monkey jump grab (which is clearly causing a lot of angry posts in this thread) is a oneshot.

I forced it to click when I completed the Hirata Estate immediately upon unlocking it, on my first playthrough. It was not a good time, though.

Also im the exact opposite from you in how i like to be murdered by bosses.
I dont like any runup to a boss and i when i fight a boss i want to be able to run back immediately and do the same thing again but better and die again and again and again until a boss is completely honed.
Its a feeling that is simply unachievable when you beat a boss by innovating. If an elemental weakness gives you a massive DPS boost or you upgrade your defense or healing then the point where the boss dies is further and further away from perfection.

Attached: file.png (220x124, 10.65K)

Fuck, try again

Attached: sekiro-ashina.gif (220x124, 68.5K)

Genichiro is really the point of "you either learned the game now or he'll be the wall that prevents you from progressing"

I'm fine without a sequel, truth be told From is the strongest when they try new things, using the knowledge they've gathered from their previous games.

>Why did they pussy out on making a few more
Because Sekiro is an indie game with indie aspirations.

Now listen to my dream. Imagine if rather than all of these skills being situation-ally useful crap, they were more like a Sekiro equivalent of DMC styles where you'd choose between a focus on prosthetics (Orangutan), The Sword (Isshin), Hand to Hand (Monk), Stealth and Ninjutsu (Owl), Bow and Arrow + Lightning (Genichiro), or maybe a mix.
New attack strings, new weapons, new ways of engaging. Each having their own forms of utility for the various bosses and being viable independent of one another.

This is AAA Sekiro

>that gif
kek

I don't mean hit = mistake. A mistake is more often enough to let in two hits because the rhythm component is so important and you can be stun locked in more than one way.

hahahahahah

>Beating game completely deathless
>Got everything practiced and nailed down, only Isshin poses a challenge
>Get to Divine Dragon
>RNG determines that my lightning reversal is not going to work this one time, so I fall to the ground slowly in shock and get finished off by a vertical attack
This game would be 10/10 omega GOAT action game if it wasn't for this lightning reveral mechanic just literally not working like 20% of the time for absolutely no reason

My Sekino dream Is a sequel taking place as a journey from japan to india.

Attached: FKFOr6yXEAQ48gf.jpg (1920x1080, 207.4K)

he probably came from bloodborne and thought "this is just another souls game, lemme dodge that"

Acceptable.

Attached: latest.jpg (268x380, 30.65K)

Blazing bull, if not cheesed, should've teached you you can parry anything.

Tenchu?
Ninja Gaiden?
Those are the only two shinobi games I can think of.

Shura ending is frustrating to me too. For different reasons.
>going through the game
>like Owl a lot
>don't really care that he tried to kill me in the flashback
>Owl asks me to stay loyal to him instead of faggot prince
>agree
>kill all the faggots swearing loyalty to some immortal child
>based Owl congratulates me
>Sekiro just stabs Owl in the back in a cutscene
The only reason I did that route was because I wanted to be loyal to Owl. Why is there no Owl loyalty route? I wouldn't even mind if Owl betrays Sekiro again and then there was a fight. I just think it is really stupid it is delegated to a cutscene.

Fuck owl

Attached: file.png (1024x896, 897.47K)

Holy fuck you are a moron. Imagine LITERALLY getting stabbed in the back by some dumb old man and then still going back to him and doing all his work for him when he has literally already shown you that you are nothing but a worthless tool to him, to be discarded at his convenience, instead of being loyal to your honourable lord and allies. And then you are mad that being a gutless, brainless traitor gets you the bad ending. Hahahaha what the fuck, are there actually people this dumb out there.

Owl Father is FUCKING HARD. Help

But user, the father is absolute
Just do charge attacks ;^)

You guys realize he could also have been talking about Tomoe, right? You know, the one who actually wanted the Mortal Blade. Genchiro has no need of a blade he can't draw that kills immortals.

>MUH SUPPLE PRINCE
I killed your shota, your waifu and Isshin in his pajamas. I do not feel bad for a second.
If you hate him that much he dies like a bitch in the Shura ending. Way harsher than his fate in the other endings.

Owl is the biggest mess.

>pick the wolf and train him to become him a certified sengoku shinobi master
>his education is part of the plan that Owl is working on with the ministerial forces
>secretly longs to be defeated by this son he trained in combat.
>however, he pushes himself to carry out this plan where he instrumentalizes his own son with the aim of annexing this independent province

You don't have to kill an immortal to incapacitate him. All of Isshin's immortality won't mean shit when the Ministry shells his entire province into oblivion. The best he could do is buy Ashina some time, but how much of its populace is even left after the events of the game.

Tomoe was a woman and the monk mentioned a "he"

What category is Sekiro in?

Best swordfight in the entire game. I really like Genichiro even if he is a complete joke later on when you fought him for the last time.

>you can only stay loyal to Owl by forsaking your morals and killing everyone who was supporting you up until that point
>completely abandoning your humanity like this turns you Shura
When Sekiro stabs Owl, he's no longer Sekiro, i.e. your input no longer matters.

Japanese armor was fine. It might not have been full plate, but then again, full plate was largely meme armor that was rarely worn anyways.
youtube.com/watch?v=-BnBtJIR9HU

"The father is absolute" t. Father
"Obey and protect your lord" t. Man who asks you to betray your lord
"Always take revenge" t. Man who stabbed you in the back and expects you to still serve him
I know you are a rejected little cub in real life but just because a gruff fatherly figure pretends to be nice to you doesn't mean they are an admirable character in any sense. You exhibit the exact qualities that the game's story portrays as weak, dishonourable and unworthy of victory.

Orin is weird because she changes the timing on her combos and throws you off your rhythm

Tomoe already had Open Gate. It's how she was able to maim the Divine Dragon. She likely didn't know about the Return option and so pursued a more violent approach until hers and the previous Divine Heir's tragic end.

Now that you have dissected the iron code, I can see that the Miyazaki read Isaac Asimov.

Post your face when finally downing this bastard

Attached: sekiro.exe 2019.04.15 - 16.22.15.02.DVR.webm (960x540, 2.94M)

Not really, she just attacks fast, but she winds up before beginning her attack

"My" rational in that moment was the loyalty to the father. I chose not to forsake the father. The game went a completely different route in a cutscene.
>Your input no longer matters
That is an incredibly homosexual excuse. Especially considering control is given back to me after the cutscene ends.

And your pretend father still dies in your ending, almost like the game is telling you that he is a loser and you fell for all his tricks like the shit-eating brainless lackey you are

I have some controversial takes.

Attached: 5e573abde63e44000abb38eef6570503.png (285x861, 98.68K)

Attached: 814380_20190415162549_1.jpg (2560x1440, 700.66K)

ballad of buster rhymes was a good show

After felling him in Mortal Journey and then one more time in NG+3 w/o Kuro Charm for good measure, I felt no joy, just relief that I had broken this game's taunting hold on me.

You don't control Shura, numbnuts. It's not some anime demon form. It's literally a shedding of your very essence to become nothing but a killing machine. Go back to Nioh 2.
>but muh postgame
Are you joking? What is there even to do in the postgame other than continuing to kill shit.

Attached: the end of all things.jpg (260x194, 9.3K)

She attacks fast but takes short pauses between her combos.

I really couldn't believe it because I honestly have no idea how I beat that guy on his 2nd phase, my mind just went blank in that part

>Bloodborne
>Demon Souls
what
Also jokes on you, I actually LOVE dark souls 2.

I just wanna go on a comfy journey through the Korean wilderness with my cute blind monk waifu!

Attached: 2.png (804x638, 488.24K)

>Bloodborne: Remastered

Attached: wait a sec are you trying to bait me again.png (308x300, 43.35K)

>cute blind PREGNANT CHILD

HOW THE FUCK DID GET AWAY WITH IT

You can't let up on Orin. She only has two attacks after deflecting you. Giving her space makes the fight ten times more difficult.

I'm never giving up hope

Attached: Screenshot 2021-09-13 at 01-27-04 Bloodborne Remastered on Steam.png (3072x1173, 1.33M)

>Sekiro sequel never ever

Attached: jordan sholansky.png (204x247, 60.92K)

user...

the beginning of this month I finally beat the final boss after many, many tries.
I hope you stick around and get to it, it was very rewarding and by the end of it I was running circles around them like a true sekiro would

There will be no sequel because your shota prince is dead. I killed him like I killed Emma.
>you don't control Shura
I was presented with a simple choice. Loyalty to father or loyalty to some child government figure. I Chose loyalty to father. I had no desire for anything else. The game assumed I did. Which is fair enough. They don't need every option. Even if I think it is lesser. I would rather have been Owl's pawn than some prince on his gay quest. But then we come to the cutscene. Which is my *real* issue with Shura.
>are you joking
You said I lost all control in Shura. That is gay. But I was still given back control later. I'm arguing why was I not given control to attack Owl myself? Why was it in a cutscene? That is really gay. Not as gay as your prince loyalty ending but still gay.

I beat you moaned when Owl backstabbed you, fucking weirdo

Give up
You are never getting it

At the time of the backstabbing, I didn't know that it was Owl, ESL user. I have no fetish for Owl. He's just cool. He's the most interesting character in the game.
>but he's the bad guy
So?

I don't know why I've always had the idea that Shura should be the first ending to be achieved by the player. Because the logic of the game's presentation is pretty straightforward. Absolute loyalty to your father.

Also, the game gives you no clues about your father's true intentions during a basic game flow. I think the only clue is that Butterfly has the same hair as your father, therefore they are twin brothers and she is at the center of the Hirata hacienda raid conspiracy.

Butterfly herself is weird, what motivates her? Was she also manipulated by the owl? in what way? Unlike wolf she was not instrumentalized as a weapon of war.

>finds out Owl killed him in cold blood
>still bends over, spreads his cheeks, and asks for "more Daddy"
>calls everyone else gay for not preferring this option
>projecting.jpeg

Attached: cum guzzling.gif (190x190, 294.24K)

If we do it won't be the first time you were wrong :^)

Attached: 1636671192844.png (880x825, 1.51M)

I got killed by this fucker like 20 times but after finally beating him I was able to get through the rest of the game easily with only the True Monk, DoH, and Isshin being hurdles.

Nigga miyazaki literally don't care about bloodborne anymore

I think most people either click at Genichiro or they don't at all, that fight is extremely well designed and satisfying as hell. Genichiro fight held my interest but the fight that made me fell in love with the game to this day was Isshin as i screamed "I DIDN'T HESITATE" when i managed to defeat him. No better feeling than that.

He doesn't care about Demon's Souls or Deracine either.

Bloodborne isn't getting ported to PC for the same reason it's not yet ported to PS5. It is getting a remaster/definitive edition, mark my words.

Attached: e2027cb0f6b11af1ce45d94bab3335cd.png (577x621, 35.07K)

Returnal on PC would be dope.

Attached: 1637344546540.webm (1280x720, 2.89M)

I don't understand why you people think that a video game moral compass is so important. I play games for things I find interesting. I'm not in them to self insert and get the "perfect" ending and save everyone. That is the most homosexual way to play a game. You should feel bad. Owl is a cool character. I suspected but at no point confirmed in my first playthrough that Owl was the one who backstabbed me. Even after discovering the truth I find him more interesting than the immortal prince and his holy quest. I would rather have loyalty to the interesting character than some holy quest about
>IMMORTALITY BAD

I hate when that happens. When I make the Sakura Dance is the same shit.

>that total silence after sekiro just slices him through and he accepts his fate
>hands were shaking from the intensity of the fight, got goosebumps and everything

I really hope they don't do away with the kill animations in Elden ring and beyond, they were so fucking cool.

Attached: 18923472893.jpg (398x398, 51.35K)

He has three different moves he can do after that plunging attack, a perilous poke, a perilous slash, and that one which is specifically designed to catch you in the air if you mistake it for the perilous slash.

Can't breathe.

Attached: Inner Geni.webm (1280x720, 3M)

>Owl is a cool character
I concede.

>suspected but at no point confirmed in my first playthrough that Owl was the one who backstabbed me
What made you realize it was him? What were your thoughts when you realized it? Did you consider it a betrayal?

In a recent interview, Miyazaki said they took a lot from Sekiro's posture damager and added the mechanic into Elden Ring. I hope it's a big thing because it was much better than the roll spam shit in Souls games.

>mikiri counter

Attached: outplayed.webm (1280x720, 2.84M)

I did the third phase first try. Died few times to the previous ones, of course. Lightning reversal absolutely dabs on phase three though.

It was still close, but I did it.

>play sekiro
>reach demon of hatred
>heard everywhere on Any Forums how he's the hardest boss, badly designed and anti-fun
>beat him in 13 tries using malcontent and fire umbrella
>didn't find any of his moves bullshit, and he's actually a very fun boss when you try to examine and counter his moveset (while watching his retarded chuuni poses)

Nigger, I did this year's ago while high as fuck

>using malcontent

Doesn't count. See the rule here Umbrella is fine.

Owl is a bitch anyway. Let me thrust his ass up.

Attached: SEKIRO SHADOWS DIE TWICE 2022.01.08 - 02.55.25.10.DVR.webm (640x360, 2.92M)

where is my sekiro sequel?

lol this is me, except I've got like 200 hours in this game. I just burn him, but the fucker gives me more trouble than Isshin or owl

The first one definitely has my highest death count in the game.

It was already in Dark Souls 3 to a more limited extent, it was only on larger enemies with hyper armor and the only way to build up said gauge was by attacking.
To my knowledge the only difference between its implementation in 3 and Elden Ring is
>Said system is now active on every enemy (Not on players though I think?)
>There are attacks specifically designed to have higher posture damage to make R1 spamming less of a dominant strategy
>parries now inflict posture damage rather than immediately sending the recipient into a parried state. meaning some enemies will have to be parried more than once.

Can we have a F for this patriot? Every experiment he made was to save Ashina.

Attached: Doujun.png (360x450, 294.83K)

Going to try beating him only using umbrella now

Based. Demon of Hatred is a fantastic boss and an even better casual filter.

Attached: 0a7abed376dd4715224d36e12209c9a8.jpg (3440x1440, 958.46K)

>IMMORTALITY BAD

For me the point where I accepted Kuro's idea about how immortality is a negative thing was with Donkey Kong 2 - Monkey Trouble.

The first time I faced the monkey was extremely difficult and seeing him AGAIN in his lair was the straw that broke the camel's back. I was furious to have to fight him again. But later, when I executed him with the immortal sword I realized that the monkey had to die as it was a monstrosity imprisoned in an unnatural state with no end.

The same with the monkey construct that is the "security system" of the magical rice girl. The monk lives eternally in a construct unable to move or change. It does not have a conclusion, as life has a conclusion. He is simply eternally immobile in existence. Death is the end of life, but at the same time it is... a change of state. As if life, unnaturally extended, were a stagnation where you cannot do anything different.

The same is true of the giant koi at Minamoto Palace and the person who feeds it. Both are slaves in a perpetual STATIC state: Existence.

Wonder what kind of kino gimmick fight we'll get in Elden Ring

Attached: 814380_20190403211640_1.jpg (2560x1440, 1.14M)

I thought the West meant China?

>only have 1 trophy left to get the platinum
>it's all skill points
>mfw the last tree has 5, 6 and 9 skill points for each skill left

So close, but fucking hell skill points become a drag by NG+4, jesus.

Attached: jdfjssfniij.jpg (317x320, 16.04K)

this is the best gimmick fight they've done, bar none

Attached: 1574633912746.jpg (1500x2233, 989.79K)

in the manga, the motivation behind continuing with the experiments is explained a little bit. His master simply could not allow all the sacrifices to be for nothing. He had to develop a way to create an indestructible army. Even he was more compassionate than the monks of Mount Kongo.

That's easy, though. Unless you're doing a charmless run at which point the fire umbrella no longer blocks fire buildup which makes it kind of pointless and should just save the emblems for other things like buffing your attack with those monk skills or doing lazuli vent into living force.

He's a boring fight because it goes on for far too long.

The dragon sword from here is from Korean mythology.

Nah it's from Nioh 2

Attached: 5e579eec4a4f91185f9773d706adf5be.jpg (3440x1440, 719.45K)

>Can beat everything except the fucking guys who have a bell-on-a-rope and swing it around like a flail reliably
fuckers

>nightmare bringer
Wonder how many nights the devs spent thinking up that one

Sekiro 2 when?

>What made you realize it was him?
I beat the game and started talking about the ending with a friend who also beat it. He spoiled it I guess but I didn't really consider it a spoiler because we were comparing how different the game was and the game was already complete. What shocked me most was the fact that a good 10% of the game is lopped off if you do the Shura ending. A lot of areas and some of the more interesting bosses too. Isshin is a joke in his PJs when opposed to sword saint form. And I think Genichiro just is forgotten entirely in that route? Though it has been years I can't remember.
>what were your thoughts when you realized it?
"Oh shit it *was* him. That tricky bastard. " Then I had to really think on it. The reason I was unsure it was him on the first playthrough was because I couldn't make sense of his plan to kill me off. I didn't understand why he would send me to protect the prince at all. I think at the time I came to the rationale that Sekiro was a sacrifice he was willing to make throw off the scent of his own trail. Even still I think Owl's Evil Empire would have been a neat ending.
>Did you consider it a betrayal?
Absolutely.

After Armored Core

Man FUCK this centipede shit

Attached: mortal blade.webm (960x540, 2.83M)

What are some good movies with Sekiro's aesthetic and tone? That mix of classic Japanese warfare plus mythological stuff, with plenty of quiet moments and likeable characters.

Attached: 1641762911738.jpg (640x640, 85.54K)

Fuck these fast kicking cunts

Attached: lone shadow vilehand.webm (960x540, 2.89M)

I have conditioned myself specifically for these assholes when the Ministry starts the first invasion.

Should've include the 'casualized' doomposting before the game was released.

When this game is at it's peak it's on of the best games ever made, but a lot of the time it ain't. having every mini boss essentially be a learn a room check to not get mobbed really ruins most of them. I also really wish they put the unblockable sign on the enemy doing it instead of you. Isshin is the best from boss from gameplay perspective.

Post Incandescent.

i remember that
>no stamina, casualised!
>you can pause, casualised!
then it drilled a burning hole in everyone's ass. and the same thing is happening with elden ring based on vague statements. why do we come here?

I have never seen this EVER holy fuckin LUDO

Placeholder

Attached: 666bb39c165a11a368063d2c55d64196.png (287x52, 7.63K)

my biggest problem with this and souls is that the camera is always kind of shit. you shouldn't be fighting with the camera harder than the actual bosses in a fight.

I've put in a lot of hours into Sekiro, and I think that's the game's way of saying "Being locked on isn't always a good idea, fucko"
The Ogre's nonsensical tracking drops off a cliff if you're unlocked

>keeps forgetting he can run away infinitely
>doesn't even try to parry

>tfw stuck on sword saint
I wish I was less shit

mist raven

>Tfw beating mortal journey and Charmless/Demon run
Shura best costume

Attached: 1531008560259.gif (269x164, 1.33M)

>The dragon sword from here is from Korean mythology.
user it's a blade that exists in real life

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven-Branched_Sword

>I quit
>….A-After I beat him!
Yeah ok user

>try tenchu after sekiro
>mfw
I understand now what they meant when they said Sekiro started out as a new Tenchu game
that being said fuck this janky ass pos with unfathomably good music

Attached: 1617034615866.jpg (480x360, 16.09K)

>And I think Genichiro just is forgotten entirely in that route?

In Shura ending Owl gently places an object on the ground next to Isshin’s corpse. You can’t see what it is. But by using free camera mods you can see that it’s Genichiro’s severed head. Owl killed him while Sekiro was fighting Emma+Isshin. It also explains where Owl got the Black mortal blade from.

Shura ending would’ve been way cooler if you didn’t stab Owl right away, instead going with him to massacre the Interior Ministry. Make a large battlefield area and give Sekiro both mortal blades at the same time and unique brutal attacks. Also give him giant health bar, but it constantly drains, getting a death blow refills it. After big fight have a long walk down a street, no enemies, but since your health is constantly draining you are forced to deathblow cowering civilians on the way to survive. Then once you make it to end and Owl negotiates surrender of Ministry, then Sekiro fully loses control to shura and murders Owl.

She was either trying to stop you because she assumed you were working for Owl, or Owl sent her to kill you in his stead because he didn't want to do it himself.

Tomoe was blocked off by the monks, not the monkeys. For whatever reason, she couldn't get through the monks to get it, and was apparently bedeviled by the head monk.

Can this be a "I finally did it" thread?
I'm never starting a first playthrough on Hard ever again. What an absurdly shit fight. I don't think I even want to continue playing after this.

Attached: Ys_I_walkthrough_Vagullion.png (480x272, 70.49K)

It's always a weird feeling when people start talking about from game plots, I always play them as a keep killing whoever doesn't like you until there's nothing left to kill games. is it worth playing through again to do ashura end to fight the other 2 bosses, or are they nothing special.

>played the game on launch
>got burned out near the very end, gave up on Demon of Hatred and eventually Isshin too, even though I saw his final phase a few times
>stopped playing for long enough that I didn't want to go back in all rusty at the hardest fight, so I used that excuse to basically quit
>came back to it a month or two ago because I remembered how much cool shit there was in this game
>spend a lot of time on Owl Father which I missed the first time, actually take the time to understand and beat Demon of Hatred instead of ragequitting
>thinking during both of those "man this is pretty tough, but Isshin will be way fucking harder"
>beat Isshin in like 5 tries when I finally get to him
>mfw

Attached: 1601929245285.png (256x256, 14.99K)

Yes, Isshin is in fact easy when you properly learn what the game wants you to.

Isshin is one of the easier fights in the entire game. He is pure mastery check, if you can't parry, you'll have a bad fucking time. If you play passive you'll have a bad fucking time, but if you just stick on him like glue and constantly attack and deflect, he goes does immediately.

I just beat the guy on a horse (first boss I think) and I don't really get the parry timings still like in any from soft game. There was plenty of room for mistakes though, he's not that hard.

Also I don't get how mikiri counter works, I press shift+w when they thrust and still get hit, it's very easy to do on the training guy but it just doesn' work on other enemies

>genichiro and 1st lifebar are piss easy
>2nd lifebar is really hard
>3rd lifebar is the victory lap
weird distribution but satisfying regardless

Attached: 1620305232673.jpg (350x350, 33.16K)

>Also I don't get how mikiri counter works, I press shift+w when they thrust and still get hit, it's very easy to do on the training guy but it just doesn' work on other enemies

Dodge into the thrust attack. That's what triggers it.

You're right that the training guy is way too easy in the sense the doesn't serve as a good training for the timings of actual enemies.

As for parries. Dunno what to say, just time it better.

Ys I has some pretty crap bosses. They're a load of shit, even on normal mode. On the flipside, Ys II on the hardest difficulty is actually fairly easy.

mikiri counter window is very generous, just dodge forward as soon as you see the red moonrune and you should get it

I managed to do it one time on the shinobi slayer in the first memory but I tried like 20 times, killed him the old fashioned way

"As the kanji starts disappearing" usually works out better.

It says right there is a real sword and they got it from their slaves the korean you fucking retard

Im replaying sekiro and just one shot ape, 2ape, ghost monk, died three times to owl and true monk ;)

This fucker filtered me. I can't beat him

Just run around dude. That's it for the first phase. Phase two just parry and recognize when he's about to shout.

animals are afraid of fire crackers, I think it's the first 2 uses or so are just guaranteed freebies

Lightning parry is one of the coolest moves in all video games, it's up there next to bullet time

its your fault if you cant beat every boss from memory alone in 2022

high monk

isshin is the greatest boss fight in all of vidya
prove me wrong
senator armstrong is a close second

So why did the owl do it? Lust for power?

Attached: owl hoot hoot.jpg (1920x1080, 114.09K)

Seems to be that, seeeing the final Shura cutscene.

A lot of Owl's actions don't have context
Therefore when trying to piece together his actions, some logical holes are left behind

It's best to just interpret his actions as something that would have let him get closer to Kuro

Attached: gs.png (269x512, 99.71K)

So i assume that means he was going for unifying Japan then

Pic related

Attached: 1621112164426.jpg (444x623, 37.99K)

Why does that happen? My brother has had a nail in his foot his entire life but it never did that

>Finally beat sword saint Isshin, getting the best ending
>The kid I did all of it for just gets vored by some bitch who fucks off to China
I should have taken the ending where I just fucking kill myself

Whether he has any stake in unifying Japan can be left to interpretation
Personally I don't think so
Imo he just wanted to become immortal and leave his name in the history books

Attached: qx92x2p6oo751.png (1024x576, 711.57K)

Is the nail penetrating through the bones without breaking it? Thats what will make this happen, the bone is trying to heal around it.

Fuck, this was meant for

Attached: 1593623531727.jpg (900x900, 178.47K)

I felt like I was more of a shitter in this game but I still one shot apeforest and the ministry lardlords. The first introduction is hard for sure but I don't understand how these guys actually could give people trouble

I beat him on my third attempt and I was so fucking hyped for the whole thing. I forgot to get Rice from the Divine Child before the fight, so I got him down to a quarter of his last health bar, then realized I was completely out of healing and had barely any health. Any attack from him would have instakilled me, so it felt fucking amazing to keep pushing and parrying his attacks until he finally went down. 10/10, best boss fight I've ever played.

Attached: sek.jpg (328x424, 47.22K)

I really liked this cutscene where he pulls his sword menacingly

Attached: sekiro isshin.jpg (2560x1440, 344.84K)

In the concept art shit, these Drunkards were dubbed Shura samurai
These guys are the definition of just pouring all your stats into strength, I swear
They hit pretty fucking hard for sure

Attached: 1597961490642.png (550x608, 402.66K)

>Dying to Genichiro
>Twice
lmao

if it took you more than 3 pulls you didn't really beat it

Inner version of bosses just filtered me hard

You know that when he does the jumping slash you can just circle him when he's in the air and then end up behind him when he lands so you can hit him to interrupt his shit, right?

I really liked the gameplay where he hits you with it
menacingly

Don't face the inner bosses with Demon Bell
Try, die, learn, repeat on normal mode
And then go for higher difficulties
If you're struggling on normal mode, then remember that you don't use consumables in boss rush
Use items, combat arts, prosthetics, whatever it takes to achieve victory. They will be replenished once you exit boss rush mode

Attached: sekiro_guide.jpg (2400x2400, 645.45K)

Oh n-

>No you wont play it your way
>This is simon flowchart says
>do the thing and then the thing duhhhhh idiot

Genichiro did nothing wrong. All he did was to try and defend his homeland along with many others willing to risk their lives for the cause.

Attached: 0e540f954b07d881842f9f373982470a.jpg (1260x735, 150.47K)

And he did that all while staving off the insanity that came with ingesting the Rejuvenating Sediment
Isshin might not agree with Genichiro's actions, but even he thinks it's to be expected of his grandson. See

Attached: 71073074_p1.jpg (2766x4078, 2.22M)

The bosses are the only time the game got slightly challenging. Still loved the rest of it though.

tenchu is fucking great, try 2 or 3.

Actually, it's from Ace Attorney -- which means it's from California.

Attached: Shichishito.png (70x70, 1.46K)

>fromsoftware controls the camera not the player
you are a fucking retard

Did they patch this game to be easier? I played it at release and went back to it again recently and it's not as hard as I remember it.

Attached: Sekiro™_ Shadows Die Twice_20190328194608.png (1920x1080, 1.93M)

Real question, but why is the jumping so bad? Why can you only start walking or jump, but not both? Also, why did they include the grapple hook in this arena when it clearly doesn't work as well as they'd like.

Mortal blade.

Attached: SEKIRO SHADOWS DIE TWICE 2022.01.09 - 01.42.15.07.DVR.webm (800x450, 2.92M)

teached

Attached: le monke rouble sekiro.jpg (372x521, 96.97K)

Actually, they patched to make it harder by removing a lot of boss cheeses. You've just Gotten Gud.