Now that the dust has settled

Why did the Owen Hart Cup fail?

Attached: 6i3yob.jpg (502x484, 83.94K)

Having a heel power couple win it and then stand timidly as she put over her charity

AEW has done a bunch of tournaments recently and there was nothing setting the format of this one apart. Also the people who won were already extremely well-established in the company and gained nothing from it.

Because Tony Khan is a stupid retard.

Because
>aew
Lmao

Why should anyone get invested in a tournament with no stakes? What's the keyfabe reason for the wrestlers participating in the tournament? It might not be so bad if the winners got money or a title opportunity but what did they actually get, novelty belts and a trophy we'll likely never see again. The whole thing was a waste of time and it didn't elevate a single participant.

There was no rhyme or reason to the format of the tournament. They were just random matches that were vaguely connected. They had a men's 1st round match the same day as a men's 2nd round match. They should have either had semifinals and finals on the same show, or had all the semifinals on the same show. Also it was a tournament to honor Owen Hart and all anybody wanted to do was Bret Hart tribute spots.

Maybe the wrestlers should have been ones that actually wrestled Owen (At least Jeff Hardy and Billy Gunn have). Or at least have them be wrestlers who were around when Owen was still alive.

Wym? Everyone complained they did piledrivers and high dives during the tournament

final was a literal nxt match

Don’t forget when darby jumped off and fell 15 feet to the ground in a tournament to honor Owen Hart

Another dead wrestler's wife blowing smoke up her own ass

Feet

I enjoyed the match ups. I actually thought the tournament was cool overall. It's the best tournament they've done.

not into feet, what would footfags rate those?

I'd like to blow something up her ass, if you know what I mean.

4/10

>Or at least have them be wrestlers who were around when Owen was still alive.
Yeah, I noped tha fuck out when none of these zoomer faggots ever watched or cared about Owen Hart. They have enough fossils on the roster with semi-connections to Owen Hart, they should have paraded those fags out: Arn Anderson, Jake The Snake, William Regal, etc. And maybe cough up some dough and bring in jobbers like Koko B. Ware or at least have someone dress up as the Blue Blazer. Why not? The tournament itself already disrespects Owen's memory, might as well go full load.

Bizased and sodomy pilled

*not talking about the dinosaurs wrestling, but they at least could manage, be at ringside, etc.

Attached: image0-13.jpg (750x709, 433.21K)

Everyone knew this was just a loosely held together string of matches for the sake of giving wrestlers something to do.
The biggest problem with the tournament happened at the end where two heels that won had to act respectful because of the subject matter.
I hope they never do this again.

It should hopefully be better next time but them not knowing what they were doing really killed this one. First there was several months between the announcement and any actual information, then the qualifiers started and lasted for months and still didn't provide any information on what the tournament was or what it was for, then they finally ended up with a shitty midcard bracket that had to rely on John Hennigan and Maki Itoh as surprise guests, and then nothing about the tournament itself was exciting or particularly well like down to the finals. In the end the two obvious winners just got their name on a cup and an ornamental belt.