ITS OVER

>Only 51% to trigger the Ethocalypse
>two pools already controlled 46.15%

its over

Attached: FcvIaWxaAAIU9Q2.jpg (1125x1621, 227.44K)

And these two pools will only grow larger and larger. People who discounted the concept that staking only makes the biggest players eventually control the entire pot are fucking idiots

Another shitcoin bites the dust.

There will be a hardfork

Actually in PoS it’s 33% to attack lol

am i stupid, that's 45.15 not 46.15
plus they are probably exchanges and have to distribute it to their customers

wtf why did they think this was a good idea

>US government controls every exchange
Ethereum is now a government coin

so obv the first one is vitalik right?

Cause they love centralization

Attached: 88809E6C-8056-4C84-AC25-34F80109D70F.jpg (1125x2052, 587.1K)

>people still peddling this stupid FUD shit

Okay, so you mean to tell me people that control 46.15% of the supply will conspire to destroy all the value they store in Eth? The second they attempt to trigger an attack the value of the currency will plummet. They will essentially be making themselves broke. Please explain to me why any rational person would ever do this? I do not care if it's theoretically possible if nobody would ever do it.

This
How do people pretend to be smart while ignoring this? Do we live in a world without partitions?

>I do not care if it's theoretically possible
good goy

pls explain for retard

It's more a question of it being easier for the government to demand a single address and person do something vs enacting law that affects the entire country. It's easier to coerce a few individuals to ban an address they claim is associated with terrorism than to enact a federal law to prevent mining.

>one party holds all the power
>gets hacked because its some fuckwit pool designed for normoids and dipshits to store their coins in and has no real security
>51% attack + dump makes the hackers billionaires and literally destroys the entire coin
this is why
this is what you're betting on with centralisation

>What is shorting
18 to post here

>short something that you own over 50% of

Are you stupid...?

>Please explain to me why any rational person would ever do this?
A lot of bankers and politicians don't like crypto. There's now a theoretical possibility they could completely control Ethereum at any time. Unfortunately, people like you who lack the ability of lateral thinking don't have a very good grasp of attack vectors and security. This is half the reason why crypto is such a clusterfuck of misallocated capital.

First off it's 33%, and you don't need to personally own it. All you need to own is the node.

They could place a 100x short before the attack.

>>two pools already controlled 46.15%
Suck a cock. I'm gonna spoonfed this faggot.

- Coinbase and Lido can't halt the chain, that's not how Ethereum works
- There is no governance on Ethereum to control
- Lido is not a single entity, but 20+ independent operators, Lido is not a validator. They aggregate over many different staking services.

By your logic Bitcoin also can be halted by 3 Mining Pools: Foundry USA, AntPool, and F2Pool.

ETH after the merge is even more decentralized pic related. Suck dick.

Attached: FcvdAMxakAEk88q.jpg (911x1200, 164.28K)

>another miner propaganda thread
*yawn*