Why gen 9 human so ugly?

why gen 9 human so ugly?

Attached: FcDl75UacAAV0pa.jpg (1920x1080, 245K)

Probably because you may have the same mom.

lack of allister and ASS FRECKLES

because good character design takes effort, why should Game Freak bother when they know the oinkers will buy it anyway?

The staff has become ugly.

why you speak like a village negro? "hooga booga, why-huMn-ugly"

Why OP ESL?

Designs began to decline in either B2W2 or XY. Character designs started adding more features to characters that didn't really need them, such as adding detailed lip outlines or emphasizing nails. Once they started dolling up random characters (Those grannies around the mansion in XY) or adding little unnecessary details to others (such as Hex Maniac having ugly purple nails), it started becoming the norm. Physical traits had to be adjusted so that more details could be added where they weren't necessary, and now we have ugly character designs that are cluttered with unnecessary details. Marnie from Sword and Shield has butchered hair and diseased black nails, Nessa from the same game has ugly ass blue eyeshadow that clashes with her aesthetic and a random blue stripe in her hair because why the fuck not, the previously mentioned Hex Maniac has detailed purple nails and baggy eyes, and Mela from the upcoming SV games looks like a kid who just learned about goth culture and hasn't fully committed to it. Ugly ass panda looking bitch.

Characters should be simple in design.

Westernization.

You're not going to like every character you encounter in video games or IRL. It'd be awesome if you did/could, but that's unrealistic. It's not necessarily an issue with the game but simply a matter of taste.

I think she's kinda cute, though. Well, at least her face, her outfit is dumb.

>posts one of the only hot girls of the gen
You should have posted Penny.

Attached: メロコ (2).png (1200x1600, 659.52K)

outsourcing and having a dozen designers on the team
but that's no excuse, plenty of jrpgs do this these days and still managed to have a plethora of good designs over bad

She is genuinely attractive. I swear to god if they reduce her screentime from anime and future games because of your shitposting, I'll behead everyone of you.

Bad artistic direction, it seems that the 3D and promotional art departments were never in contact and everyone did what they wanted.

As well as rough designs, many of the designs aren't bad per se, they're just overly generic.

The public has spoken and they prefer Nemona

Attached: large[1].jpg (1524x1937, 1.62M)

I like them both. I'm tired of Any Forums constantly shitting on them because of their multi-coloured hair.

Trying to be as objective as possible, I don't hate those designs, but they feel like a throwback compared to Galar, ironically I'm not a fan of the Galar characters, but I can recognize how well planned they are, especially the Gym Leaders, the uniforms it emphasize the high degree of competition in the region, each uniform highlights personality in each element from the type of cut, the color, or details such as Nessa having a bikini version because her field of combat is water, while Melony has a warm version. for his field being in snowy mountains or that the numbers are a play on words.

Yeah, I don't quite know how it works in art and design fields, but many other fields have a set of standards or rules of thumb to follow so that everything is consistent despite differences among team members working on the same thing. Perhaps that's up to the art director.

because is still liking golem?

Growing pains. Struggles from a company that can barely make a 3ds game being told to make something for "Modern" hardware.