Is crypto just a passing fad like the Internet was?

Attached: FcpJRunXwAIVEhC.jpg (828x686, 95.31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Pb4Jul496QE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

2000 zoomer here. Were people really still saying shit like this in 2000? I always though the whole "internet is le fad" was an late 80s/early 90s thing

When I was 18 back in ~1998, everyone was telling me I'm a dork and a retard to spend time on the internet.

That was the first era of internet's success; then came all the 16 to 25-somethings being online up to ~2010; and then all the literal babies and literal boomers are online now.

Interesting. Wish I could have experienced the early internet first hand. First time was going on YouTube at my friends house around 2007. Late to the internet, late to crypto, but born just in time to see whatever horrors the Great Reset brings

>Are Ponzi schemes just a passing fad?

Hypnospace Outlaw is a video game, that does a good parody of late 1990s internet culture, and how it felt to be around it back then.

Never underestimate the stupidity of boomers. Most still can’t use a PC today. Not joking. T. Works with old people all day

This looks comfy. Thanks user, I'll check it out
youtube.com/watch?v=Pb4Jul496QE

You're right. That article is bs. I got my 1st email address in '97 and by 2000 there were pads of websites and everyone was getting dial up

Loads of websites

I was 7 during 2000 and i never thought that internet was going away, it just seemed like the next logical step after tv to me. Don't know boomers could have had that idea with new websites and thus applications for internet popping up all the time.

unlike crypto, the Internet actually serves a purpose
crypto is just a complicated spreadsheet that no one uses

Yeah. It was only after the rise of smart phones and Faceberg that normies especially women started finding a use for the Internet and then subsequently started to destroy it

pick any altcoin chart priced in bitcoin at random and you'll see that this entire market is entirely passing fads
only in combination do they appear to be relevant

newspapers understood early that internet would mean a sudden death to their revenues, so they had a PR campaign independently from the PR campaigns from acumulating hedge funds who wanted to buy for cheap

i remember going onto nintendo.com as a kid and i took around 2-3 minutes to load the start page which just was a nintendo console in 3 or four colours leading to different sub topics like pokemon, which was had its boom with the game boy at that time. I remember wnoying watching every pixel that was for free

No, it's here to stay forever as a speculative asset. Mass adoption is never coming though, that's moonboi hopium.

It's too risky for people to have their wealth protected only by a private key with no recourse if it gets lost.

I can use the internet to call you a faggot in lightning speed for virtually free.
What can I do with crypto that I can't do faster and cheaper using something else?

bruh... I was 10 in 2000 playing neopets...
i should have taken advantage of the early internet days... but was a latchkey kid :(. fuck public schooling too.. had a chance to profit from the tech stock crash in 2008, idiot teachers.

dont remember one person discouraging the net in the early days people were on it using it. dont remember anyone saying anything was a fad it was seen as a tool to connect to a lot of information

so it's like crypto right now with all the fud.

Remember: if the situation was hopeless, their propaganda would be unnecessary.