What’s your unpopular or controversial Any Forums opinion?

What’s your unpopular or controversial Any Forums opinion?

I’ll start. I actually like Leon. He’s just a fun character, his battle theme (along with the GL theme) helps immerse you into a world where Pokémon battles really are a spectator sport and to be enjoyed by all. I think SWSH could’ve been the best games in the series if they weren’t thrown under the bus for SV (testing open world + introducing Dexit so a game that actually “needs it” won’t take as hard as a fall), plus I actually just enjoyed the atmosphere of SWSH which was let down by its gameplay and story.

Hell, I even like that he has a Charizard. It perfectly fits him - he’s an older, more experienced character who’s extremely popular. A Gen 1 starter compared to your Gen 8 starter or the Gen 8 starter he takes under his own wing and still makes a powerhouse is an amazing juxtaposition. If I could change anything, I wish the Kanto starter he used changed depending on your starter - this would include Hop picking the starter strong against yours with Leon taking the weaker one.

Attached: 9418CFBB-7B8C-4AEC-828E-CA48969FA640.png (1280x720, 514.23K)

Even-numbered gens are all good. Odd numbered gens are all dogshit.

ALLISTER
SHOULD
BE
RAPED

Broadcast tv is dead. Long live streaming anime.

Make all pokemon animes straight to streaming

Anthro art is superior

Every single person on this board is a faggot except me because i'm based

Attached: nope.png (446x435, 69.67K)

I'm sorry covid removed your sense of taste, OP.

Alola is one of the best regions. The environments, the pokemon distribution, the characters are all top tier. If you turn off the exp share, the Alola games are some of the most balanced difficulty-wise.

I've only played base Moon once, would it worth replaying? Or should I pirate USUM instead?

I like Leon too. It's neat that he's basically what grown-up Red is, with Sonia being grown-up Blue. One went the battler path and reigns as champion while the other went the research path and becomes professor.

Attached: Leon Sonia young.png (375x211, 130.26K)

I think Ash is pretty based

I think USUM are noticeably better. You have an expanded pokedex, some tougher battles and exploring the Ultra Beasts' home worlds.

.... It sounds like you're just a fan of blue and red

I don't know where you'd get "just" from. I like Red and Blue, but I'm explaining that the parallelism is one way it makes my admiration for Leon and Sonia more than surface level.

Always on EXP Share is a good concept because it allows the designers to build fights around your entire team being a certain level range rather than building it around it being off and then making it being on an easy mode by association, encouraging the "cheese everything with your overleveled starter and item spam" mindset that's permeated the series since the start. The problem is the execution of it, SwSh was still piss easy due to the Pokemon signature of bad movesets+shit AI and it distributing EVs to everyone on the team still was shit for getting mons used during the campaign battle-ready. Here's my proposed fixes
>Just build some good movesets and bump up the AI intelligence you dumbasses. You now have the perfect excuse to balance the challenge like a traditional JRPG would and you're not taking it.
>Teammates gaining EVs by default is now gone. The extra EVs training gear items now enable a mon to gain EVs even when not participating in battle on top of their already existing value bonus effect

The champion themes for Gen 7 and Gen 8 were...maybe not bad, but very unmemorable. Sticking a few leitmotifs in there is cool but I don't like the base of the entire track being one of the Pokemon themes. I would really prefer they have a specific theme for each Champion.

I like a lot of nu-pokemon designs, Gen 6 is still the low point for me.

Sugimori is a hack. Turner and Ariga are the best artists Pokemon has ever had.
The first two generations were just as dogshit as XY-present.
Pokemania was the worst thing that ever happened to Pokemon.
Anyone who still watches the anime past age 10 is mentally ill.

The Alola games were relatively good with interesting ideas that should've been carried on and expanded on. Boss mons with gimmicks you don't get, like Totems, and UBs having less obvious typings coupled with Beast Boost made for relatively interesting battles. Being the muscle for someone else's story like in a western was fine for me, I wonder if it would've been better received had it been new people needing you to fight their battles for them rather than Lillie every time.

This Pokémon is kino and I'm tired of pretending it's not

Attached: duraludon.jpg (1024x645, 125.55K)

I use him a lot in Unite, I like Duraludon

fellow duraludon enthusiast
it's probably my favorite steel type and favorite galar mon

Attached: Raihan Duraludon side.jpg (787x1400, 413.33K)