Pokemon bros

Pokemon bros...
Why do we keep losing even with 2 games???
Let's buy 10 SV double packs to beat splatrash!

Attached: 1662988554019771.png (598x822, 316.55K)

OHNONONONO DISCORDBROS, I THOUGHT BLACK AND WHITE WERE BAD GAMES WHY ARE THEY IN THE TOP 3 VIDEO GAME LAUNCHES IN JAPAN

>third place is called a flop
Well, its hard not to flop then.

Can't believe rise didn't outsell p3

And XY is quite close as well, retard. Yet those are bad games. Launch sales don't equal quality

>Yet those are bad games.
No, Sun/Moon and Sword/Shield are bad games.
XY are just painfully mediocre and have the unfortunate stigma of marking the beginning of the downfall coming from BW2 kino.

Hell, BW was in the top until just two years ago.
Was Gen 5 "flopping" just a western thing and it was actually big in Japan?

Attached: 1578846883846.jpg (634x705, 253.1K)

The narrative is that they sold badly.
It wasn't a thing anywhere ever.
It was just a shill story made up to defend GF.

I mean, new horizons is the worst animal crossing but it was launched during the pandemic
while people that had only played one when they were kids, suddenly had time to play, people who played all the previous ones were expecting for too long and wii U users were also hyped because the teasing with the plaza
XY had a good advertising campaign and also was the first in 3d
Alola attracted a lot of genwunners and new kids to pokemon again
And the rest of games are FF and Mosnter Hunter... no need for an explanation, people in Japan LITERALLY put their works aside a few days for those games and I'm not even joking

>Alola attracted a lot of genwunners and new kids to pokemon again
It sold less than XY.
You're not replying to what user says anyways.

yes
Gen 5 is peak pokemon and western audiences shit tastes mean nothing

>IN JAPAN
Who cares?

Attached: naruto.gif (500x375, 556.97K)

It wasn't a thing in the west either.

depends which graph should we believe? I'm too stupid for this so please someone explain this phenomenon

Attached: 17196.jpg (1200x1200, 461.07K)

>depends which graph should we believe?
There isn't a single one that proves BW flopped.

Your pic conveniently ommits anything that isn't a gen opener and it still says 15 million units which is something even other big franchises do not even dream of.

>Was Gen 5 "flopping" just a western thing and it was actually big in Japan?
Yeah, because they launched BW AFTER launching the 3DS, so normie fuckers cried it wasn't on 3DS.
>It wasn't a thing anywhere ever.
Explain why BW sold 2m less than the past Gen released on the system and 1m less than the average sales from Gen 3 to 7 please. And "m-muh first-released titles" means jack shit, XY and SM both COMFORTABLY reached 16m, despite SM being the second release on-system like BW was.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-09-12 at 16-41-40 IR Information Financial Data - Top Selling Title Sales Units - Nintendo 3DS Software.png (600x341, 159.74K)

What gen sold worse than BW?

Gen openers have higher standards so it's not weird to compare them. Still, BW doesn't look really bad here.

it was BW2 that was post 3DS. BW was just barely before it.

Not the discussion.
>Explain why BW sold 2m less than the past Gen released on the system
You explain this already.
> And "m-muh first-released titles" means jack shit, XY and SM both COMFORTABLY reached 16m, despite SM being the second release on-system like BW was.
SM didn't beat XY, its performance is also exagerated by the fanbase.

>Explain why BW sold 2m less than the past Gen released on the system and 1m less than the average sales from Gen 3 to 7 please. And "m-muh first-released titles" means jack shit, XY and SM both COMFORTABLY reached 16m, despite SM being the second release on-system like BW was.
You know, this graph doesn't show how the game did at their launch, but how many they sold total after all those years.

BW is the worst selling new pokemon game in the best selling console. End of discussion.

>BW is the worst selling new pokemon game in the best selling console.
no

>If I completely twist the goalposts I'll be right!