FACTS: If he didnt design it, then its not a real pokemon or pokemon character

FACTS: If he didnt design it, then its not a real pokemon or pokemon character.

Attached: sugimori.png (1682x858, 718.52K)

Top 10 people Gamefreak no longer cares about
>#1:

>Designed neither of the two mons in that image

disagree on the pokémon bit but hard agree on the character bit

His human characters look like dwarves.

You heard it guys Pikachu and Charizard ain't real Pokemon!

>Pikachu isn't a Pokemon

these are the big brain geniuses who think the developers are incompetent btw

This is how informed the average genwunner is

He literally redesigned them all into their standard versions and even before that directed/oversaw their development. Nishida talks about how Pikachu started differently but Sugimori saw the potential and kept insisting she modified it to become cuter.

Attached: nishidasugimori.png (730x666, 251.02K)

>old vaporeon had fins on the back of his legs
Soul vs soulless

i prefer that over whatever the fuck marnie, penny, mela etc are supposed to be

He didn't design most of gen 1 retard
Literal fucking cope. Holy shit.

So it isn't a real Pokemon unless Sugimori personally drew fucking fanart of it that was considered good enough for marketing? Fuck off, you're retarded.

Sugimori didn't design the concepts for most of gen 1. Whether he made an artistic interpretation of their design is irrelevant. The OP claimed it isn't a Pokemon unless Sugimori designed it and he didn't design those. Next time phease your argument better, champ.

He's a co designer you morons. It's pretty fucking dishonest and unfair for nishida to get sole credit for charizard when her rendition of it looks like ass while sugimori fixed it into the version everyone knows and loves

Attached: lizardon06.png (688x271, 137.58K)

>A literal sprite from an ancient video game doesn't look as good as official art so she shouldn't get full credit!!!
I think you're the moron here dude.

This doesn't refute my point at all, I expected better from you. See and try again.

Only the human characters. It’s obvious nobody knows what’s going on and what direction they’re going with the art style no more.

Same hardware motherfucker, one followed Sugimori's redesign, the other didn't. I want to believe you're not stupid enough to think the only difference between Nishida's version and Sugimori's are technical limitations, it's a full on redesign. Sugimori is literally on record saying he only had the sprites to go off from so he took the opportunity to change things more to his liking

Attached: charizardsprite.png (300x200, 3.95K)

No, he's not. He just drew the art the international sprites were based on. That's like saying Keiji Inafune designed Mega Man.

>Sugimori is literally on record saying he only had the sprites to go off from
So he just made an artistic interpretation of an existing design concept that he didn't make. Thank you for proving my point.

Since when is "the concept" the only thing that matters? Execution is just as(if not more) important.
And hell if you want to play that game a lot of "the concept" were description prompts by Tajiri himself and no way in hell should you give him sole credit of pokemon art designer.

Why cant people accept that the monster's creation was the collaborative effort of tajiri's ideas, each original sprite artist and sugimori's overall art direction and follow up redesign?

It would be one thing if Sugimori's art was merely a direct "high resolution" copy of the red/green sprites but they were all redesigned to a degree. If that wasn't the case vaporeon today would look something like this thing on the left. Are you really gonna pretend Vaporeon would be just as a appealing and popular if it looked like that? Are you really unable to acknowledge Sugimori's significant contribution towards the design?

Attached: vaporeonog.png (1400x684, 409.53K)

>Since when is "the concept" the only thing that matters?
Since the concept is the actual fucking design you idiot. Pokemon has had numerous artists draw designs based on the same concept. If I create a recipe for apple pie, and then you bake a pie using my recipe as a base but decide to throw in some extra fucking cinnamon and some nutmeg, that doesn't mean you created the recipe. This isn't hard to understand dude.