Silver coins turning black

Hey Any Forums, whats causes this black marks on my silver coins? Is it oxidation? These were sitting in these plastic sleeves in a cardboard box. The ones I have in plastic tubes sealed with tape don't have this happening. Is there a way to reverse this?

Attached: IMG_20220914_140935.jpg (3625x3451, 3.1M)

Put them to hydrochloric acid

Soak in white vinegar
That doesn’t happen to real silver btw, you got jewed.

This would work but you need a very low pH. White vinegar will get the crud off without eroding your coins

It’s the atmosphere (carbon, moisture, etc.) They usually stay fine if they’re in boxes bags or tubes. You can always dip them too just don’t scrub them or polish them.

Attached: 07741811-C540-40F1-8D6F-310845D5C01A.png (415x348, 99.79K)

They are ovulating, don't worry about it

a lower pH would dissolve the coin more retard
you would need to dilate it

Real money acquires a nice patina

Attached: A0EEF785-2397-4655-9EBD-9530235180BE.jpg (1536x2048, 1.72M)

Silver reacts with stuff in the air, the resulting discoloration is called patina. Perfectly normal and can even make the coins look prettier.

I think there's an easy method to clean them using aluminum foil and baking soda, look for a youtube video.

Nigger hands touched them

ignore these retards: Just put the coins in hot water mixed with some sodium bicarbonate (NOT "baking soda" powder, just pure sodium bicarbonate). Place them on aluminium foil, on a glass plate.

Silver reacts with all kinds of shit. It's low quality metal.

At least it’s real metal unlike crypto

now im scared my aputannias and yotsuba coins are going to turn black

>my coins are tarnishing where they hang out of the flips!
>how can this be?

get bigger flips, dumbass. Or better yet, capsules

If you have to use flips, only put one coin in each flip and get bigger fucking flips.

Chuck them into a small plastic bowl of sulfuric acid so the rust goes away.

Attached: 1640043222937.jpg (661x594, 76.5K)

baking powder + hot water
let it soak , brush after 15 mins with a toothbrush
2:1 water:baking soda

It's reacting with hydrogen sulfide in the air.

Thanks frens. I appreciate the info. I am not going to worry about it so much. Pic related is on ebay right now for $59.95. Apparently the patina is worth more. Going forward though I am going to wear gloves when handling the coins.

Attached: silver eagle 1998.jpg (1409x1600, 289.34K)