Programming

How hard is this to do. Give me some tips niggers I'm tired of making less than 50k a year

Attached: 1659550575676955.gif (265x323, 1.94M)

Other urls found in this thread:

files.catbox.moe/ynye5b.webm
files.catbox.moe/pkiepa.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Are you good at math ?

"Learn to code" is a meme. I'm proficient in all modern programming languages and every database architecture under the sun, but because my degree is in physics rather than CS I can't even get an entry-level interview for a code monkey position.

Attached: 32890176597.jpg (1200x1416, 435.6K)

Yes

My degree is in psychology and I've been a software developer for 15 years, there's no way this is true unless you're either not as good as you think you are or you have some other massive personality flaw or something

Attached: dogloveshiscoffee.jpg (268x265, 16.24K)

It's not hard, just requires a lot of time

Bro just do a masters in computer science and you're good, im sure you have good enough skills if you did physics anyway

This everyone quit now i just got fired from my job and replaced by a jeet its over cs bros we got too cocky

You are just comforting yourself. You probably just suck. I would consider myself below average and my linkedin is bombarded daily.

Attached: 1659702363753076.jpg (1242x1114, 671.36K)

> proficient in all modern programming languages and every database architecture under the sun

What is the advantage of BSON? Is it better for reads or writes?

Columnar vs row db advantages?

Query slow in RDS, wit do?

When rds, when graph, when key value?

Why lazy load in java 8 streams?

Does .net have a memcache?

What is a closure in js

Yeaaaaa

How did you get into your position? I've been shotgunning resumes for the last 6 months and haven't had so much as an interview. I think it might be because my GitHub is basically just boilerplate for trading bots and numerical stuff I did for my degree.

Than learn a low level language

you don't even need to be good at math. obviously you'll make more if you're good at math but frontend user design and things like that don't really require advanced math.

What can you do? Skills list on your resume? Post it here?

School projects listed as experience?

Have your linked in?

Can you:
Ci/cd
Cloud
Unit/integration test
K8s
Kneepads?

No entry-level posting is real though? At most they are H1B harvesting.

> My Dog killed an African Immigrant in our Garden!
files.catbox.moe/ynye5b.webm

> Cats, Parasites and Multiple Psychological Disorders: The Science
files.catbox.moe/pkiepa.webm

Fuck off back to plebbit, catposting normalfaggot.

Attached: 1648366446558.webm (1280x720, 623.04K)

>What can you do? Skills list on your resume? Post it here?
I'm best at numerical/simulation programming, but I can do parallelization with CUDA, low-level OpenGL/Vulkan, network programming mostly with TCP, basic ML with TF or pytorch (though this is self-taught), robotics and microcontroller stuff, and most other skills you would expect from someone with a physics BSc.
>School projects listed as experience?
Wdym? Most of my programming-related projects for school were one-off scripts for solving differential equations or converting stellar database entries into useable arrays (fuck VAX floating point btw) or something equally banal.
>Can you:
>Ci/cd
>Cloud
>Unit/integration test
>K8s
Seeing as I've never deployed any actual products since I've never had a programming job, I'll let you take a guess. I've worked with AWS and Azure to deploy trading bots, but that's it.
>Kneepads?
Yeah, I'm thinking that's my only way forward at this point.

Attached: 1582873460993.png (495x496, 298.14K)

I had some fully working personal projects I could point to to show I could do what I said but honestly not much else. Every company I've applied to has said it's a struggle to get quality developers and I don't even consider myself above average but apparently the bar is quite low. My first position was advertised as HTML/CSS role because they didn't know wtf they were doing. I knew PHP so used that, over time transitioned to WordPress and nowadays I mostly work with React.

Either you're setting the bar too high for a first-time position or you're not as good as you think you are.

Attached: catfee.jpg (1022x1024, 108.9K)

For the low hanging fruit and a foot in the door, you need to reorient your resume so that you emphasize skills that are useful for business software. A guy who manages a team of SQL/C#/typescript business software devs is going to read your resume and see nothing useful. SQL/C#/Typescript are not hard to learn and if you can hack a physics degree and all the tech you mention, you can hack getting employably skilled in modern business software stacks. Don’t wast your time making $50k

Serious reply, you are niche and competing with phds. Most pleb jobs need front end, back end, some flavor of sql.

If I was interviewing you, I would ask about your trading bot code. Language and algorithms used to decide trade. If you used ml, I would ask you the very basics like local vs global minima and why it matters in a cost function.

On resume, want to see clear explanation of trading project - trades per second, api's used, number of users.

Note how two people told you the exact same thing independently.