Be me

>be me
>Talented programmer winning national competitions and whatnot
>Work as freelance software dev
>Work with a company on a project for almost two years
>Company CTO and head dev are generally unhappy with my work but continue asking me to fix my code
>Finally somewhat finish project, leaving some work for them to do
>Half a year later.jpg
>HR roastie of the company gives me a call
>CTO has long covid and head dev has cancer
>You're the only one who knows how that software works user, we're in a crisis
>CEO tells me they will show their gratitude to me and are ready to spend large amounts of money as long as I'll help them
>They hired two arab code monkeys whom I'd teach about the specific code
>Weneedyou.webm
>Ask me to come over to the office today (it's 6 p.m.) it's so urgent
>Decline today but agree to meet them tomorrow morning

What should I do? I really don't like working with these people especially after they shit on my previous work but I could squeeze so much money out of them

Attached: 1652932070517.jpg (2000x1500, 157.26K)

>should I lose money out of spite
Yes that's a great plan, do that

Are you an anglo?

Make money so you can retire earlier and spend more time with your kids one day instead of dealing with this bullshit ever again.

Something tells me you could easily be terribly retarded and unaware midwit

But I would give the benefit of the doubt of you actually being talented

Something tells me youre an absolute white nigger though

Oh, I thought that was a picture of Do Kwon being arrested.

They're going to get just enough out of you so the cheaper labor can pick up where you left off and fire you. Complaints are on record so you can't get merit raises and so you don't get a big head. Agree to be a temp consultant for 10x your hourly rate and find a new job

Squeeze them good, bro. Charge the living hell out of them upfront and then just leave.

I would settle for a fat check then fuck off to to whatever I want though

Youre so incompetent you couldnt even create something literal monkeys could use

If you are so good why aren't you busy with more important/profitable things?

If you are so good how come your code is unreadable and continues to break?

Attached: 15425246354.jpg (415x415, 20.48K)

This, tell them you're willing to come on as a consultant/contractor. Get help from someone to make a good contract but charge them 5 times your previous annual salary at a MINIMUM. If they're really desperate, go 10x.

>I really don't like working with these people especially after they shit on my previous work

Who cares? You think I like the people I work for? Business is business and most people in it are insufferable cunts. Calculate a top number then add 100% as a starting point.

its just business
I would squeeze them for as much as I can get who cares if you like these people

Forgot to mention:

>Talented programmer winning national competitions and whatnot

This is the surest fire way to ensure that I never hire you. I don't care that you can program Fizz Buzz in under 5 minutes with a BrainFuck compiler you wrote yourself in machine code.

I care about whether you can help me move more units or whatnot. And winning competitions in no way correlates to being a productive, competent programmer in industry. In fact, it tends to be a detriment because ego gets in the way of taking direction and fulfilling requirements. And based on what you've posted here, that sounds like it would be an issue with you.

I need people who can communicate effectively with stakeholders and adhere to established patterns and practices. Because long after you're off to the next gig, I'll still be there dealing with your shit to keep the enterprise running.

Sounds like a larp. And even if it's not, you still sound insufferable and they probably weren't happy with YOU and it had nothing to do with your work.

But I agree you should squeeze them good.

>doesn’t know the difference between social skills and coding skills

Kys

wow great story you fucking faggot

you are not working with these people, you are replacing them, why not? better do faster than that fag recovers from covid

They’re leveraging their management skills by creating a toxic environment for you. They know you’re a skilled coder but they create a “you need them” by constantly shitting on you. This commonly happens because 1) you’ve never left a job (implying you’re scared and/or comfy) and 2) you really are skilled but lack social skills. You are normal. They are predatory. Optimal response is Get as much money from them and ghost them. Second option is to ghost them, but you gain the mindset of “people need you, not you need them” which is refreshing.

>t been there, done that

Attached: ACE4D73C-30A5-43CB-9010-5C60D222F395.jpg (568x335, 63.22K)

people with "long covid" are dying from the clot shot, they are never "recovering"

Agree. It's the only chronic disease that seems to predominately effect women and only on one part of the political spectrum. Funny how that works.

They developed a custom backend for all their application that they adapt. The two guys that developed it are gone now and I'm the only one who knows how to work in that custom backend. It's not my code that's spaghetti it's the undocumented ((masterpiece)) of these shitters

>It's not my code that's spaghetti it's the undocumented ((masterpiece)) of these shitters

So why'd you take the job? I never sign on for anything without a comprehensive review of expected requirements and existing systems.

In hindsight they fucked the company over by making themselves irreplaceable

It sounds like they legitimately need you, badly--what I'd do is pay some fiver/upwork jeet $25 to put together some sort of slide deck/presentation/handout showing your new rates, make it look as if you've been doing work at this rate for a while. Obviously jack your rates up like 5-10x whatever they were previously. They'll probably try to negotiate with you, but if what you're saying is honestly true then you'll probably be able to get your chosen rate.

Attached: 1655182198613.png (1024x702, 721.85K)