The worst starter trio

>you go out to the wild to have your Pokemon adventure. Monstruos birds and bears and reptiles abound. You see a bestial frog with a flower growing from its back, some weird turtle that has bone canons and a manlet lizard that pretends to be a dragon. What a wonderful world of beasts this is. But soon, some looney tunes shit happens, some Luffy gear 5 shit happens, you see this monsters acting human in the wild, you see a frog pretending to be a spy from a movie, a rabbit that plays football and a monkey drummer, all in the wild next to the badger with fire coming from its neck and the little cute owl with a bow tie.

there is no way you can justify the existence of this three as wild "Pokemon"

Attached: Pokemon-Sword-and-Shield-Starter-Origins-Explained.jpg (1400x700, 278.39K)

>there is no way you can justify the existence of this three as wild "Pokemon"
Wow, good thing they aren't wild pokemon then

Rillaboom is cool.

Attached: 1661738339591.png (1026x561, 747.9K)

It's these. What the fuck where they thinking?

Attached: shit.jpg (577x532, 35.23K)

But there’s porygons in the wild

>Ambush predator Inteleons, very rare to find or stumble across
>Loud territorial Rillabooms, their music could be used to mark territory like wolf howls

I guess Cinderace is the worst one, but you could excuse it as human manipulation & selective breeding.

Indeed their design is not that good, the Rillaboom saves the day a bit because it is literally a gorilla with bushes. But on the subject of competition (and their stats are among the best trios) if we exclude Inteleon which doesn't have a variety of moves or any outstanding ability like the other two...

Rillaboom is great, but I hate the drum.

Does EVERY Rillaboom just carry a stump around? Its like Gurdurr with its steel beams.

That's not gen 5 though

I thought this too when I saw the thread but I think OP has a point
Gen 5 starters are ass ugly but I can see them as animals in the wild way more easily than these, even with samurott's swords

Came to post this

Gen 5's designs are hideous and the first gen starters that I immediately boxed in favor of something else (though let's be real, gen 5 is all stinkers except the bug types).

Also, they absolutely fucking don't look like wild animals, pokemon has never, ever been about that shit. We've had literal human dudes with beaks since gen fucking 1 with the machop line, they literally wear pants and belts, hitmonchan literally has boxing gloves, Jinx has a dress, Poliwhirl/wrath have gloves, etc. Saying "It looks like it could be a wild animal" is a terrible way to define a pokemon line.

If we're talking design, rillaboom and cinderace are 10x better than anything gen 5 shat out.

>saying this about the last great starter trio
Apologize

Attached: 1661354907511881.gif (314x186, 702.39K)

Poliwrath's gloves are pretty inoffensive and jinx and the hitmons etc. have been memed on and called awkward forever so I dunno I think it's a valid criticism
Also cinderace is just a rabbit with shorts on. It's like a perfectly middle of the road design at best and there's plenty of the gen 5 dex which is at least more interesting than that, although I don't disagree that there's a lot of shit in that dex too

>a lizard man with a literal wrestling belt and literal gears can exist in the wild
>but a gorilla with some wooden tools can't
I love it when redditors invent fanfics to get mad about

Chimchar is Charmander but more retarded, there's a flame constantly leaking out of his ass and becomes yet another fucking fire/fighting mon. Turtwig is kind of cute but then becomes not Venusaur with a stupid looking off centre tree growing out of its back, and it's second evo is just as retarded with those side burn bushes for more random placement that just disappears. Then you have Empoleon which looks just as stupid, it's got a bib/crevat in the front and trident for a mask and some random spikes for edge. Truly irredeemable

Holy cope. Snivy and Tepig are top tier design, sorry they don't play musical instruments or kick soccer balls. Rillaboom is ugly AF

Attached: fetchimage.jpeg.jpg (800x784, 78.49K)

there is no way you can justify your existence as a "human being"

I could totally see Torterra and Empoleon living in the wild. Gen 5 was when they went too far.

yeah

Attached: my-image(5).png (1140x465, 207.89K)

Attached: 4675477457.png (1140x466, 202.15K)