This is the only generation I haven't beat a game from (all the others I've played multiple times except SwSh which I...

This is the only generation I haven't beat a game from (all the others I've played multiple times except SwSh which I played once) and I'm trying again but holy fuck it is so boring. Why are no fun Pokemon available early, it's so barren. I dislike using the starter in any Pokemon game but I feel you almost have to here.

Attached: 1637625711228.jpg (1280x1150, 610.42K)

Yeah it takes a few hours to open up.
You can get an early Driftloon though if yoy play in a Friday. That's worth looking at.

What's your current team and where are you?

You can always play Renegade Plat which is superior in every way.

your team will be Starter/Staraptor/Luxray/Lucario/Floatzel/Garchomp and you must accept it

>Why are no fun Pokemon available early
In DPPT? That applies to DPPT the least before the 3D games started bloating the dex. Starly, Shinx, Simple Bidoof , and Budew are all pretty great team members. Starly was the best early flying type before Rookidee. You get the Old Rod very early too.

Still very early, going to be using Kadabra, planning to catch Houndour and was going to use either Driftloon or use a Noctowl. Not sure about the rest yet, I wanted to use Glameow but it isn't in Platinum (wtf).

Every single team I've seen people use is that exact squad, but I thought that was a DP thing, not Platinum.

Autistic but I dislike how it retroactively changes things, I'm not a fan of that. IE I think it adds fairy typing and the post-BW type changes?

Platinum I think has tons more variety around gym four? Otherwise it's similar. What about shit like Shellos or a Hioney tree mon?

What do Empoleon users use instead of Floatzel?
Roserade?

>Autistic but I dislike how it retroactively changes things, I'm not a fan of that. IE I think it adds fairy typing and the post-BW type changes?
That is completely understandable. It does have a classic version that undoes most of the Pokemon changes, but that STILL has the fairy type, so it's not as faithful as you might think.
Still, the Pokemon variety is miles better in that one, and it has some really awesome QoL stuff like removing the need for HMs in the main path, and adding easy EV training and stuff to make up for the harder difficulty, but it's not radical red autistic hard, just tough enough to keep an adult pokemon fan mentally engaged. Really recommend playing it after you are done with the vanilla game.

it’s a pokemon game where the developers forgot what actually makes pokemon games fun

Evidently not considering Sinnoh's success.

I don't recommend going the salesfag route, it's stupid in the first place and it also opens you up for retards to claim SWSH is good because it sold well.

Depending on your trainer ID you can also get a gen 4 fossil

it was a success because DP was the first game to introduce online multiplayer. The game itself is horse shit.

gen 4 is made completely redundant by gen 5 imo. very little reason to play it. pokemon availability also stays quite bad the whole way through

>Every single team I've seen people use is that exact squad, but I thought that was a DP thing, not Platinum.
Yes platinum's distribution is better than DP but still not by much.

It's not a distribution problem. Those pokemon just show up early and have neat designs.

no its a distribution problem too.

Compare Staraptor and Luxray to all the crap from the other regions. Of course they are in all teams.

You didn't beat them cause they're the hardest pokemon games. Typical. Especially HGSS

You box piplup

Sinnoh has good variety, but some mons are out of your way.

It might be a personal preference thing too, not really blaming the gen entirely.

I never used staraptor, lucario, or garchomp but infernape, luxray, and floatzel were enough to clear the game. So much so that i remember them from a game i played once 15 years ago

It's definitely a distribution problem, especially in DP, where there are only 66 options out of which 40 are Water, Psychic, Bug, Flying, or Normal type.

Attached: DP.png (5604x2400, 3.89M)

Oh no only 66 options the game is definitely forcing me to pick Floatzel