Let's have a discussion about the Sun and Moon anime, what did you like or dislike about it...

Let's have a discussion about the Sun and Moon anime, what did you like or dislike about it? Personally i really enjoyed it and even though the league is super easy i did like that it was all characters we actually knew.

Attached: season20_ep25_ss01.jpg (578x327, 204.78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ek-AX6EJM-k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't watch the Pokémon anime. All I care about is the games and TCG (for collecting purposes only).

One of the best seasons. Stoutland episode was a 100/100.

only paid attention to the ultra space, UB and league stuff

which was admittedly kino desu

Didn't really like the school premise, and only liked Lillie and Lana, couldn't care less about Ash's other friends. Many of the source SM characters felt wasted.
The Bewear gag got old pretty quickly
Trials felt like a waste
Worst League

That said
Liked Ash's Pokemon, especially Lycanroc and Naganadel

>even though the league is super easy i did like that it was all characters we actually knew
That's such a dumb thing to praise it for when earlier series had tournament arcs that did the exact same thing
>but those weren't leagues
No, because leagues are for good trainers that have proven themselves. THAT's why people care more about them than random other tournaments Ash's friends can enter and make it far in due to the lack of actual competition.

I disliked it because I like my braincells.

Team rocket was the best part of sun and moon no questions asked.

The thing that bothered me is how characters were handled. Sophocles was pointless, Kiawe was reduced to a joke and a side character once Gladion showed up, Lillie took up way too much of the spotlight y the o the detriment of others, Lana’s development felt aimless as fuck, Ash was a dumbass comparable if not worse than black and white Ash, Mallows whole development with her dead mom came out of fucking nowhere (which is even worse since Litten suffered the loss of a parent figure which you’d think she’d react to it to foreshadow her loss but the anime did nothing with that) and worst of all just like team flare the organisation in the XY anime, the main part of team skull with Guzma and Plumaria (aka the best part of the sum. and moon games) showed up way too late for their own good (same eith Hau as well) which unfortunately meant they had no time for the viewer to really invest in their characters as they have to be rushed out the doors as the anime is near its end. Also I think the battles in sun and moon were weak on average since most of the time the characters just uses a z move to one shot the opponent in the end almost every single time (the times that the z move failed always involved Guzma which again he shows up way too late).

The league was a big joke, but it makes sense given that it was more of a school festival and being created from nothing for only a teacher.

But I think that the core of SM unlike other seasons was the friendship of the main group, the chemistry between them was very good and it felt natural, you really believed that they were a group of kids in a normal school, with their hobbies, homework, family issues, or just hanging out together wasting time, and the farewell made me remember when one graduates from high school and everyone goes their separate ways, bittersweet and beautiful at the same time.

Too bad PM screwed this up.

Attached: Goodbye, Alola.png (342x1962, 1.25M)

It's almost the complete opposite of the OS anime but it's the greatest the anime has ever been.

i liked the new art style

Torracat is forced as fuck
They didn't keep Raboot too long and Braixen made sense to not evolve yet.
Meanwhile? Incineroar got little screentime.

The only real take I have is I thought the new art style was rad as fuck and I am not happy Journeys went backwards to a more generic style.

>That's such a dumb thing to praise it for when earlier series had tournament arcs that did the exact same thing
There's a difference between a random tournament arc and a league. SM was unique because it gave it's actual cast members the opportunity to compete in the league, no matter how strong or weak they were. It feels like the writers actually care about the cast and the continuity in the series. Sure, they could have added actually strong OCs never seen before into the leauge to make it more like a traditional league, but then it would have no significance to Ash. The entire theme of Alola is family and friends. That's why the series has so little COTDs, everybody is familiar

>Worst League

Attached: Ash's Alola League win.png (1337x3000, 1.5M)

Best series since OG.
Ash as character works best in comfy comedy/adventure settings, same with TR. Every time they tried to make one or both of them look competent and super serious just did not worked for me.
Ash is a goofy, fun loving, hyper-active but creative and adventurous kid and TR are wacky, incompetent comedy relief villains that in fact deep inside are decent people just working for bad organization.

Really liked Alola as a setting. Probably the most alive they’ve made a region. Character interactions were mostly good. Rival characters could’ve been handled better aside from maybe Guzma. Would’ve appreciated characters getting more pokemon than they did. Especially since it made things kind of feel barebones near the ending fights. Loved poipole though. Didn’t like how they handled the trials. Rocket beating totem raticate was fine. Other characters beating totems to get their specific z crystals would’ve been fine. Ash didn’t need all of them, but everything else was so roundabout.
Rocket and skull were great.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ek-AX6EJM-k

It had the best companions in the series, good battles, a good balance of humor and serious moments, a well-developed team for Ash, and most of the filler episodes were actually fun to watch. I just wish Mallow got more screen time and didn't lose her first battle in the league.

Attached: アマージョ (3).gif (540x305, 3.82M)

Incineroar was shilled as fuck in the anime despite getting little screentime. It was shown having defeated many other Pokemon including the owl and the seal in the Battle Royale, and it even wrecked a Mega Aggron like it was nothing.

In my opinion, it is one of the best seasons of the anime. It's weird how I thought it was so directionless when it first began but it ended up so fulfillingly and well planned. Everyone, from Ash and his friends to even Team Skull and Team Rocket got such a feel good ending. It's the only season of the anime that does the cheesy power of friendship thing well imo. It reminds me of the first season of the anime a lot. Ash got his second home in Alola with his second parents, it's the most I've been touched by an otherwise stagnant and boring character like him

Attached: 66e.png (1200x1350, 1.9M)

I like the animation and characters. I didn't like that there were to many boring episodes that drag and the Lillie english VA. I want to watch the sub.