Why does Nintendo nuke fangames but not Pokemon Showdown?

Why does Nintendo nuke fangames but not Pokemon Showdown?

Attached: 1632140514979.png (255x282, 29.04K)

Because peepee poopoo

Because showdown doesn't impact game sales. Fan games could, if someone creates one good enough to amass a cult following, that could take fans away from the real franchise. Furthermore, fan games aren't sanitized. They can and often do contain mature adult themes or edgy jokes, things Nintendo doesn't want associated with the franchise they desperately push as kid friendly. Showdown just being an ugly battle simulator is not putting them in any danger of this. Because of all this, it simply isn't worth the time and money to go after it. Especially when it's only popular format is singles and VGC is a doubles game.

Showdown is boring

Because shills are retarded

>Because showdown doesn't impact game sales.
Says who? Showdown is pretty much siphoning every player that takes competetive seriously. Playing comp on console is awful.

Doesn't matter, the retards wouldn't want you to play pokemon fights in a something that isn't their product. There's clearly some deeper reason to it. Like why they don't nuke unofficial merch and sites that earn off their franchise and even seel unofficial merch with their franchise on it.

They also don't seem to nuke all the ripoffs and bootleg Pokemon games even when they get advertised on youtube with their logos and characters

I think you're looking to deep into it. Pokemon is second party. Nintendo only cares about its first party franchises.

>Showdown is pretty much siphoning every player that takes competetive seriously
That's a much smaller chunk of the playerbase than you think.

There's 16 000 concurrent users on showdown right now. Several hundreds of thousands monthly. Fangames far smaller than that get nuked from time to time.

Oh and Showdown runs ads as well

Because the honest truth is that there isn't much rhyme or reason to Nintendo's Copyright crusades and that they just kinda takedown random shit whenever they feel like it or one of their execs happens to stumble into it.

1. Nintendo has nothing to do with it. When you'll learn that?
2. tl;dr - Because TPC cares about money and Showdown is very important tool for competitive fags. TPC cannot or is not willing to introduce similar tools and Competitive fags need it for testing, training etc. Also, Showdown is completely open source project so there's no feasible way to kill it - they will send C&D to current people running it and you'll have multiple new servers popping like hydra's heads. I'm pretty sure in inner workings of TPC they have specifically rule for their lawyers to not touch Showdown due to how messy it would get for them.

Singles in official comp doesn't exist so what the fuck are you on about?
Your tinfoil hat is showing.
You realize Nintendo owns 1/3 of TPCi, right? Technically more now since they bought a significant share of Creatures to prevent a buyout and protect the brand.

>Because showdown doesn't impact game sales
I legitimately did not buy the newer games because I could just play the actual fun part on a simulator. And I feel like I am not an anomaly.

Attached: 1652370907475.jpg (379x451, 23.61K)

You people parroting this make no sense. There is no 6v6 competitive singles metagame on cart. If you passed on the games to play Showdown because this is what you wanted, why the flying fuck would you have considered buying the games in the first place? It isn't that what you want is worse on cart, it literally DOES NOT EXIST.

You can play VGC and other official formats on showdown too.

Same for me tbqh. The main games are a slog, online battling is the fun part.

>You can play VGC and other official formats on showdown too
Barely anyone does this and if you claim otherwise you know you're lying. 99% of showdown games are 6v6 singles.

>parroting
user, if several people are saying the same thing, don't you think it means that a significant amount of sales are being lost?

Attached: 1661706665118223.png (860x811, 256.1K)

>the fun part
>repetitive battles
???

Yea, so showdown is official formats + additional fun formats + not slow as shit + no grinding. Basically a better product than the actual games.

I could go get a VGC match on showdown in 10 seconds if I wanted.

Still, it's not correct to say "Nintendo". For what is worth they are into it just as publishers and will not even flinch for any legal actions. Any C&D is coming from TPC's lawyers, pretty much nobody from higher ups even care who they strike unless it's something really important... which is case for Showdown - hitting it would be fucking catastrophe for Pokemon because all compfags, from which plenty are acting as de facto ambassadors and free advertisement for Pokemon would end having massive butthurt because TPC tried to take their toys away. And as I said - it would still do fucking nothing because new people would appear to setup new servers.

It's all risk and zero gains for TPC. Only complete retard would touch Showdown.

Showdown is a battle simulator, not a full game. It only simulates a single aspect of the games.

Because of this, it's not in competition with the official games and doesn't affect their sales. Plus VGC players use it to practice.

>For what is worth they are into it just as publishers
My guy you should examine that agreement more. Nintendo has basically all the rights to merch.

>They can and often do contain mature adult themes or edgy jokes, things Nintendo doesn't want associated with the franchise
I'd say Showdown's gangstalking tranny moderators who invite children into their discords to groom them, hordes of screeching spics and Biden propaganda are far more damaging than any fangame could ever hope to be

No, because those people wouldn't have bought the game anyway, because what they want to play does not exist in the actual game.

It's not a "lost sale" if they wouldn't have bought the game anyway

Not really because that's the average nintendo fan
Japs are well known for being pedos also

What's more engaging, repetitive against a predictable AI with an underlevelled team, as well as a Gamefreak original flavourtext which they call a story, or battles against people with a varying chance of a functional brain?
If you think neither is fun that's honestly pretty based but that's not my point.

>There's 16 000 concurrent users on showdown right now. Several hundreds of thousands monthly.
500k is 2% of 24 million, which is what SwSh sold, and we can both agree that that's a high estimate of monthly users. It's really not that many people. And that's assuming all those Showdown users didn't also buy SwSh, which isn't a remotely safe assumption. As long as the game sells I doubt they give a shit about anything getting siphoned.

>Plus VGC players use it to practice.
I thought Showdown differs from the metagame, like the crit multipliers or something.

>VGC does not exist in the actual game
>b-but no one plays VGC on showdown!!!
fanfiction

Attached: 1652370844803.jpg (221x296, 39.33K)

>want to play does not exist in the actual game
Why do you keep repeating this? I can make a 6v6 match right now

Cause they know damn well that 95% of pokemons competitive playerbase uses it regularly and if they pulled that thread it would only have a negative effect since those fans would have no more reason to stick around. Like what’s the alternative, play on cart? Lmfao, TPCi knows no one REALLY wants to spend dozens of hours putting together a single team.