>Makes a character who’s goal was to complete the Pokédex
>Does it 8 generations later when there’s over 900 of the things
>Catches them with ease
>Only has 2 legendaries
>Allegedly wanted to show off every single Pokémon in this series
>Barely seen any Galar mon
>Project Mew introduced over a year into the series
>Barely see his own Pokémon that aren’t the starters and occasionally Flygon
I’m not a Goh hater but do you thing they were a little too ambitious with this character?

Attached: CEB4EBE4-E182-43B9-ACBF-395EFF7169BC.jpg (1200x628, 82.59K)

He'll appear next series to be the new writing team's problem.

Goh is the most divisive Pokémon character to date. I would be surprised if he comes back in the next series as a main character.

>Was it a bad idea?
Yes. "Gotta Catch em All: The Character" was always going to end up a bad character because it just does not translate well from gameplay. In addition, he just doesn't mesh well with how the series had been doing things for years, so things had to be changed.

You can tell they regretted the choice and realized how it just doesn't work since they just shifted to the Project Mew stuff and drastically reduced how much he catches.

Ok, but what's the point?
He already owns most of Pokemon and is estabilished as supposedly competent in what he's doing. Ignoring the fact that it cheapens idea of Pokemon as living creature and team members as yor friend, it also makes Goh already well developed character that can't really show anything new.
He will catch a Mew, Pokemon that has very special status not only in anime but also in fandom How do you top that? You cannot introduce just "thing more important than Mew" because importance of Mew was build through years and is attached to its status in gen I.
You can give Goh new thing to do and move away from idea of catching them all but what's the point? It will piss off all 3 Gohfags that are actually invested in his shenanigans. You can as easily just introduce new character interested in new things without dragging him into it.
Goh is just pure writing personified. They tried to reinvent Ash's old "Gotta catch'em all" goal completely ignoring that it's not feasible to do 20 years and like 800 Pokemon later.

Pokespe was smart to do the “Gotta catch ‘em all: the character” back in Gen 2. And even made fun of the fact that “yeah new Pokémon keep coming up so this was an impossible task”

Attached: E8E81771-88A1-4A1F-B794-D449732A8AB7.jpg (716x563, 94.11K)

Crystal from Pokémon Adventures was Go but so much better and more interesting. Even her shoot style was more stylistic than Go just throwing curveballs

>can't catch Porygon
He'll never complete even the Kanto dex.

>Daiki Yamashita: “I think the shape of Goh’s relationship with Pokemon will continue to change in the future, and the world of Goh and Pokemon will expand. The challenge of Goh’s dream will surely grow even in the future!”
How would you react?

It's really not an ambitious idea at all, it's just the writers are either too lazy or incompetent to do a relatively simple idea well. It's really not hard to have Goh show up each week with a couple new 'mons that you justify by saying he caught them off-screen or whatever. It's not like they literally show every single one of Ash's battles so you don't need to literally show Goh catching every Pokemon in existence either. If you really wanted to focus on one of them later you can have a flashback.

Like say Ash and Goh go explore a snowy mountain or something:
>brings a Mamoswine to clear some of the snow and ride around on
>brings some flier to scout around
>brings some random fire type so they can keep warm
And I guess Goh has like one or two Pokemon that he just keeps around because they're his favorite partners (Cinderace or whatever). But like I'm saying, it's not hard to write this kiddy show so that Goh is using 3 or 4 different Pokemon each episode. The writers are just dumb.

>be mon
>chilling your family and friends, going to gather some berries for your little sister
>suddenly some random fucker shows up, beat the shit out of you, put you inside a weird ball, every time you try to get out he slaps you until you almost faint from the pain
>Don't have the strength to resist anymore and surrender your life
Catching pokemon in the anime format simply doesn't make sense.
Only befriending mon after a storyline which explains why the mon would follow the trainer is acceptable

Attached: 1646326693216.gif (394x474, 1.27M)

You clearly didn't watch the episodes where Goh takes cares of his caught Pokémon in the amphitheatre.

You mean all 3 episodes? And mos of that was them taking care of themselves.

I hate him solely because he gets to tap both Absopussy and Suicunny…

Attached: sddefault.jpg (640x480, 42.4K)

No.
Goh is a nice way of having a reset button without making Ash have to regress for it.

He has literally only caught Mantyke when it comes to Sinnoh Pokemon

>Was it too ambitious to make a character based on the most successful Pokemon game to date?

He should fuck off as a main character but occasionally run into Ash in later seasons, showing his dex progress until he finally completes it

Blame Pokémon GO

That doesn’t fix the problem, it just exacerbates it. A common complaint with Ash this series was how much of his progress was relegated to offscreen. This is a visual medium, it’s all about show don’t tell. Having Go’s captures happen offscreen not only would be lazy as hell especially when he’s supposed to be a protagonist but it raises the question of why the audience should care when the writers didn’t

I like him a lot more than NuAsh

I think he is a better character than Ash has been in like, decades, so I'd rather they tweak him and keep him than get rid of him outright.

>Does it 8 generations later when there’s over 900 of the things
This is why it's dumb, "Gotta Catch Em All" lost all its meaning after they kept making hundreds of shitty new pokemon instead of allowing Ash to catch an entire region
The original premise of the series is pointless