Do you use your own name for your character? What about the ones choosing the avatar of opposite gender?

Do you use your own name for your character? What about the ones choosing the avatar of opposite gender?

Attached: protagonists up to gen IX.png (876x555, 628.3K)

As a kid I did
Now I just give them random phrases as names
Or the most generic names I can think of

I use my nickname

>Do you use your own name for your character?
yes and I even have "canon" teams
I use different names for challenge runs or different playthroughs like nuzlockes or montypes.

Attached: 1594676784600.png (500x500, 278.59K)

I use whats considered the protogs name though when i tried SwSh i put in a Bongs friend name.
if i play SV ill put it in the protogs name again.

If its male, most times I do, but sometimes I don't.
If its female, I just pick a gravure model name.

My name was a gift to my Mother's best friend.
He was sterile and wanted someone to carry his name through out the next generation and so forth. The relationship between those two were the closest one could think of, so she surprised him.
Safe to say, I still respect and honor the name given too me. I have used it for every game I could my entire life and that's not changing any time soon.

I used to, now I usually either use canon names or something random/funny. I'm way past the point of being immersed in Pokemon to the degree of pretending it's actually me in the game, I just enjoy the adventure vicariously through the MC.

Am I weird for just using the protagonist's default name?

I just name my character aaylmao.

I exclusively use the official japanese names EXCEPT for the gen 1 ones, I don't like how everyone has a "real" name and then the gen 1 trio is just Red, Green and Blue, so I use Red's pre-gen 2 name (when he had Ash's name) and apply the same logic for his rival (Gary), naming them Satoshi and Shigeru.
If I ever played with the girl I would call her "Atsuko", named after Atsuko Nishida, the woman who designed Pikachu (keeping the trend of the other two being named after relevant irl figures)

>Do you use your own name for your character?
no
>What about the ones choosing the avatar of opposite gender?
no

No
I just use the name "Robin" for every vidya. No particular meaning, it's just convenient since it can be used for male or female, and I like how it sounds.
However this has had the side effect of me vaguely reacting to when I hear/see the word "robin"

Attached: 1518837093283.jpg (250x216, 11.7K)

You are a cute autist

>SOUL x 22 VS SOULLESS

Gold is literaly me

Real name for males and a name that sounds similar to my own for fem.

My own name.
It’s unisex so I use it whether male or female.

Based af

I use my internet namehandle, and my own name if the gen has a 3rd version/sequel

Dan.
If I replay, it's the character name. If female its always the character name.