Worst Pokemon abilities

Except Defeatist Slow Star and Truant

What are the worst abilities¡

For me DAMp is useless because it is too situational I wish Swampet would give it any other ability

Attached: 260.png (475x475, 133.27K)

Leaf Guard
>only usable in Sun
>but Many Grass types get already Aromatherapy, which heals status for the entire team, meaning even if the Pokémon with Leaf Guard can’t get statused its teammates can do so it still need Aromatherapy anyways. The only use for LG would be to prevent the Pokémon from being put to sleep or frozen since those prevent the Pokémon from using moves.
>However, Grass types are immune to powder moves, making them immune to Sleep Power and Spore. The only other Sleep move worth worrying about is Lovely Kiss and only Jynx gets that and it would most likely just use an ice move against a Grass type anyways. Every other Sleep move has such low accuracy that that aren’t worth using.
>As for Freeze, Pokémon can not become Frozen when there is sun.

Genuinely the starter ones. I have no fucking idea it's active and forget they exist every single battle I've ever done with them. Not once since abilities were introduced have I thought to make use of it. I just want a note to say its active.

Early Bird.
Just give it Insomnia or Vital Spirit at that point.

Why? It was already one of the best not-Legendary Pokemon leading up to Gen 5/Hidden Abilities being introduced
Plus and Minus will always be presumably worthless

early bird does have its own niche, in that it wakes you up from rest sooner.

>hehe you switched into an entry hazard! you know what that means! you don't get to use your pokemon anymore! haha!

Attached: b13.jpg (1736x2456, 300.64K)

Anticipation and Ball Fetch

It's Stall. I dare you to find anything worse than that besides OP and copypasta abilities.

damp is amazing in gen 4

Damp is ONLY worthwhile to shiny hunt PKMN with Selfdestruct or Explosion, and even then, you need to be able to run a status move and False Swipe. Which ol Swampy can't accomplish

Run Away :)

To be fair, Early Bird can combine with Rest, unlike Insomnia and Vital Spirit; you'd probably just stack it with a Chesto Berry, granted, but that's an option.

Illuminate, which does NOTHING.

The more I find out about Leaf Guard and how shit it is the more I want Meganium to have an actual hidden ability.

>Big Pecks
Way too situational. Plus my bro Pidgeot could have gotten a better HA in gen 5, but now he is forever saddled with this shit.

They are all part of the concept to let the played understand what the pokemon is representing so they are only bad if you're autistic and don't understand design or if the ability makes no sense for the pokemon to have.

I've always just thought of the starter abilities, Swarm, etc as the pokemon not having an ability because they might as well not

Holy fuck I didn’t even realize there were so many layers to how genuinely useless leaf guard is.

Run away not preventing being trapped is a straight up sin

Shit like forewarn and frisk are pretty fucking useless, like it doesn’t hurt to have that info but it’s just not all that helpful 99% of the time

While its still too situational, Gamefreak has been stealth buffing this ability gradually the last few gens by adding more moves like Mind Blown, Misty Explosion, and potentially Cloroblast (as a Mind Blown clone).
I realize two of those are currently signatures, but if we continue to get new moves like this, its usefulness will slowly grow (especially in Doubles).

Attached: 74708803_p0.png (1638x1607, 1.77M)

Damp used to be good back when Explosion leads were a thing.

Light/Heavy Metal are completely pointless. There are barely any moves that are based on weight in the first place, but even the mons that get either of these abilities all have much better alternative.
Frisk is used in smogon iirc, but it should have an additional ability that makes it more useful ingame.

Use torrent then idiot