What do you want to make it for?

I want to make it so I can buy the rights to a MMORPG I played in the early 2000s that is no longer around, and relaunch the game. That game is star wars galaxies, launched in 2003.

I know there is an Emulator running for it, but I want to buy it officially from whoever owns the rights to it now, and to then relaunch the game.

How much do you think Sony Online Entertainment and Disney would charge me for this? its not like theyre even using the game anymore, they shut it down 10 years ago

Attached: 51R6YF4DZVL.jpg (393x500, 48.13K)

SWG emu exists, retard
you can play it for free today

If you promise to fill it full of woke shit, they'll pay you.

I will buy Square Enix, shelve all current projects and only create FFXI style MMOs with zero QOL enhancements and no microtransactions.

I don't think you understand what the "emulator" is. It is exactly that. A relaunch of the game. You can play it now with other people online. Why do you want to split the game community by running your own?

that game was doomed once they brought in the jedi class

Isn't there a private server up already?

I know its free, but i want to own it, and relaunch the game, as an official MMO, get all normies back into it like in 2003 when the game first launched, the EMU is just private server autistic people playing it.

To get 500,000 - millions of people playing it you need an official launch

I just don't want to wageslave anymore. That's literally it.

Yeah but its just private server autists that play on it.

I want to launch it officially again, market it, etc, get hundreds of thousands or millions playing it.

Yeah when they dumbed it down to 9 classes and you got to pick a jedi, it wasn't special seeing one. I remember when you had to find the holocrons, maybe know which class to level up next, maybe not. Level up that whole class tree and then you'd have to do it with like 3 or 4 more. One jedi used to be able to take on like 6 or 7 people. Good times.

jedi should have been like a sub class to use sparingly or else vader would come kick your ass

Smuggler/Pistoleer, played past NGE and CU, Bria was my home server and stayed Smuggler. Started playing when I was 13, God I'm old.

Mustafar was comfy, I'd be behind this endeavor of yours op.

Pre-CU (original game) was the best. The CU and NGE were terrible.

user, I get it, I really do. I actually have extreme nostalgia for SWG and have accounts on both the Emu and Legends. but I read a really good point the other day that it was the time before social media that made these MMOs special in the way that they aren't now.

>I remember when you had to find the holocrons, maybe know which class to level up next, maybe not. Level up that whole class tree and then you'd have to do it with like 3 or 4 more.

Many people got unlucky and had to grind like 20+ professions lmao

any euro-chimera niggaz around? I got assigned to it despite being American. I think it was because the US servers happened to be down the moment I rolled. I remember paying a female twi'ilek some credits to ride on my speeder and come cyber with me in my house outside of Bestine. The entire fucking city came along to watch lmao. Also, any Project Uncle Owen guys around?

i want to make it so i can buy some series of Audi's that are holoride ready in the future.

I miss Pre-CU as well, but we'll never re-capture the joy of our first mmorpg user
That being said, I am working towards a similar less ambitious goal

can you say more?

In terms of social media, in the early 2000s there wasn't really any widespread social media besides myspace or msn messenger or chatrooms, so connecting with people online was new, there was a novelty of it, and people were friendly and willing to connect and close knit communities formed through their shared experience and hardships in the game.
It's more than just social media that's different though, nowadays all the information about any mmorpg is out there on the internet. There's no mystery or discovery, the most efficient/powerful ways to play have already been documented and people just follow that. The magic is largely gone.

didn't play it. was a huge player of jedi knight series though. you're doing the Lord's work. Dubs and OP makes it.