Railroad strikes will be happening this month

On September 16th, we could possibly see the biggest railroad strike to happen since 1877. Over 115,000 railworkers are expected to strike and walk out leaving entire lines of trains idle on the tracks. This is significant since over 1/3 of our supply chains come from the trains. Food, metals and even coal come from the railroads.

The MSM claim that certain unions like UPRR have reached tentative agreements. But it really does seem like they were only tentative and didn't really go anywhere. Class 1 railroads are already going to see reduced service on Monday and Tuesday will also have networks shut down belonging to Norfolk.

twitter.com/AlessioUrban/status/1569105470790733825
twitter.com/arijashe/status/1568374437925249027
twitter.com/Reuters/status/1569117371356307456
twitter.com/thehill/status/1568560183218929664
twitter.com/JOC_Updates/status/1568381665231179781
twitter.com/business/status/1569155352150609929
twitter.com/kcz_ws_mike/status/1569010912010412032
twitter.com/theresamlewis/status/1569004060489011200
twitter.com/MorePerfectUS/status/1568366890984112128

If this strike goes on for even a month, we could probably go into a Great Depression real fucking soon. This might also inspire the rest of the freight industries like longshoremen, truckers, mailmen etc. to go on strikes throughout the nation too.

Attached: 1564377477116.jpg (770x435, 51.34K)

I have a car and don't rely on railroads at all. Why the average person is concerned with fucking trains is beyond me.

Railroads move 30-40% of freight in the United States. Meaning almost half of the countries supplies dissappear overnight. You colossal fucking retard.

trains are the most efficient way to transport shit, they move a lot of food and other important shit across the states.

I get my supplies locally. This isn't a problem for anyone. Just buy local and stop ordering shit off Amazon.

Trains are very inefficient. If they were so efficient, why are we all driving cars now? Let me guess, you don't have one. Kek...

this nigga glows

Everything you buy is made within your state? Are you pretending to be retarded?

Good. About time.

user has to be trolling, no one could possibly be that dumb

Lol a month is never going to happen. Conductors up in canada went on strike at cn rail a few years ago. Lasted about 8 days. Took the railway 3 or 4 months to catch up.

If then entire running trades, conductors or engineers, go on strike in the states your economy would be crippled in under a week. The only end would be the companies giving the unions what they want or government intervention.

True but that was in a different time and in Canada.

Burger railroad unions are fed up from the covid bullshit and the deteriorating economy that's happening right now. They got nothing to lose at this point.

Oh im not arguing they have something to be mad about. We keep hearing horror stories up here of the shit going on in the states.
I'm just saying that thinking it would take a month to cause a great depression type event is incredibly optimistic. Every intermodal train that doesn't run is 300 seacans that don't make it to Walmart. Every oil train thay doesn't run is 200-300 semi loads that won't make it into vehicles. Every grain train that doesn't run is at a minimum 12k tonnes of grain that won't be turned into food.

Shit will get bad a lot quicker than expected.

>railroad guns
i wonder what would be used?

>hurr durr just buy local
This only works if the local stores you buy from ALSO only buy local. At some point up the supply chain, someone doesn't. I guarantee you 90% of the shit you own wasn't made locally, and if it was, it was made with shit that wasn't made locally.

Fool of you to think this wasnt planned by the government

If you can have self driving cars you can have self driving trains, Fire them all.

Dems can't afford this shit just before midterms.

kek just drive to a farm and plant some food, then come back in 5 months and dig it up

good, support them even though I know you won't because of the false dichtonomies the jew has been deepthroating you with since birth.

Does Biden really want to crash the economy? I thought he wants the midterms to be in his favor.

I'm sure Elon Musk is rubbing his hands already at the thought of it

he just wants to sleep dude, i'm the same