Gym Leaders have to adjust their Pokemon teams to meet the skill of the challenger

>Gym Leaders have to adjust their Pokemon teams to meet the skill of the challenger
Why was this piece of "lore" so celebrated? I hate it. Gym Leaders are supposed to be a challenge for trainers to overcome. They shouldn't be bended their knees to every challenger that works into the door.

The levels in the game are just reflection of the skill level of trainers. Brock's mons are the weakest because Brock is the weakest.

Not that it matters, because it's clearly not canon. You can skip Brawly in Emerald until you have 3 other badges- his team doesnt change. This has never truly been canon in any case other than BW2

Attached: 1656621999401.png (1280x720, 1.02M)

>They shouldn't be bended their knees to every challenger that works into the door.
>Hangs out with level 70 team in an area where all the surrounding pokemon are level 10

This is like saying sports leagues shouldn't exist and we should be putting rookie college players against experienced major league all-stars by default.

>Hangs out with level 70 team in an area where all the surrounding pokemon are level 10
If that's what you want to do, it's your right. The strong deserve to be rewarded for their efforts.
>This is like saying sports leagues shouldn't exist
On the contrary, it says sports leagues exist for a reason. Little Timmy shouldn't be able to walk up and be on the team for the playoffs just because he wants his participation award. If you're weak, stay out.

>every single Trainer is from the starting town in the games and if they're from a mid- to late-game town with a super powerful Gym as their first Gym to take on they deserve to be ground into a fine dust just for starting in the wrong place lol

(You) are most certainly retarded.

>Why was this piece of "lore" so celebrated?
because this fanbase is full of underagefags who only played gen 5 or 6 instead of any of the non-linear games

I remember the first time this exact thread was made. You went into autistic shitfit and refused to understand the concept of a gym.

Then just travel to the right place.
>nooooo I can't afford that
Then too bad. It's not like the system doesn't work fine already for the hundreds of trainers in each region.

Johto is the only non-linear Pokemon game and it also has some of the shittest gyms

Sure is a lucky coincidence the player always starts next to the weakest Gym leader and happens to progress through them in order weakest to strongest!
Also strange how Brock is now canonically weaker than every single regular trainer that just happens to appear to the player after you beat his Gym. Have to wonder how he even became a Gym Leader like that

>Sure is a lucky coincidence the player always starts next to the weakest Gym leader
Of course. There's a bunch of 10 year old kids getting their first Pokemon in every city, presumably. You're the one who actually succeeds.
You also don't NEED to fight every gym the minute you walk through a town. The very first game in the series starts you off next to the final and strongest gym leader's town.
>Have to wonder how he even became a Gym Leader
Because strength isn't necessarily important.

To be fair if I don’t have any gym badges my first gym leader is just using his strongest mon at me that’s not really interesting. Gym leaders exists to teach trainers the ropes and how to battle.

>This has never truly been canon in any case other than BW2
You mean like how Nessa has two different Drednaw in SWSH, a male that can't Gmax and a female that can? To say nothing of the other leaders teams.
Or how Korrina doesn't use Mega Evolution or her Lucario in her Gym Battles?
Or like how in Emerald and Platinum rematches, they start using Pokemon not native to the region "suddenly"
Or the Gen II Kanto leaders all having much stronger teams than in RGBY?

BW2 didn't retcon this, it just spelled it out for people too stupid to realize this is the case.

Do you ever wonder why the player's dad is never around? Its because your dad is the head of the Pokemon league,and he rigged it so the gym leaders would use weaker teams against you so you can become champion

>nugen tranny shit
Not an argument.
>l-look this gym leader has ONE pokemon she doesn't use chud!!!
Not an argument.
>Or like how in Emerald and Platinum rematches,
Oh, you're talking about the Emerald rematches, where it's made extremely clear the gym leaders are slowly levelling up their team and don't just whip out a new secret team they've apparently always had out of nowhere?
>Gen II Kanto leaders all having much stronger teams than in RGBY
Woah dude....the people who trained for 2 years had higher levelled teams...clearly that means they have multiple teams.....they couldn't possibly have just trained the team they had....

so canonically the Gen 3 protag is the strongest because they're the only one who made it to the top without nepotism

>Gym Leaders are constantly training and getting stronger
lol must suck to be a kid challenging the league after the first days when its easy

why does Red get such a reputation for being le best when he literally just lucked to the top by virtue of being the first?

>This has never truly been canon in any case other than BW2
BW2 is the only time the games have explicitely acknowledges it but it's been present in the lore since gen 2 with the Kanto leaders. You're own example with Emerald is wrong too because the game does allow for rematches with the leaders using stronger teams

See Sure, it sucks, guess what? People make it work anyway.
>when he literally just lucked to the top by virtue of being the first?
What the fuck are you talking about retard? The random youngster who sits on Route 18 with level 30 Pokemon started before Red, Red just surpassed him along with everyone else.
>NOOOOOOO WHAT DO YOU MEAN I ACTUALLY HAVE TO WORK TO GET GOOD AT SOMETHING CLEARLY THE ENTIRE SYSTEM IS AGAINST ME
You're revealing an uncomfortable amount about yourself.

>Why was this piece of "lore" so celebrated?
its cope. There is no explanation for why only the player can catch good pokemon and raise them competently.

OP still seething months after the first time he made this exact thread I see.

>It's not like the system doesn't work fine already for the hundreds of trainers in each region.
you mean the system where the leader tailors their team to the accomplishments of the challenger instead of just walling everyone who comes by(and the leaders that do that like Clair and Volkner are genuinely seen as bad)

>Oh, you're talking about the Emerald rematches, where it's made extremely clear the gym leaders are slowly levelling up their team and don't just whip out a new secret team they've apparently always had out of nowhere?
>Woah dude....the people who trained for 2 years had higher levelled teams...clearly that means they have multiple teams.....they couldn't possibly have just trained the team they had....
>He thinks Levels actually exist outside of gameplay
user, Lance and Blue have lower levels in GSC than RGBY despite the reason you post.
Levels don't actually exist outside of said gameplay.

lol imagine being born on Cinnabar and being permanently trapped there because you can't beat Blaine and you're not allowed to use Surf
nice autism OP

>You're revealing an uncomfortable amount about yourself.
You're revealing that you forgot to take your meds this morning

I don't think its so much OP doesn't get it, he just wants to shitpost.
Maybe the first one was being serious but definitely not the later ones, its like the shrinking thing.

>Do you ever wonder why the player's dad is never around?
Well, if we go by how Any Forums thinks lore works, its because except May/Brendan, the MCs do not have fathers, they were spontaneously generated inside their mothers. Otherwise we wouls be seeing the father every time.

Okay noob, let me just wipe your with a level 70 Dragonite.

it's just the Japanese work culture at play. Except for Norman all the MC's dads are Salarymen.