Psychic SHOULD be overpowered

>telekinesis
>teleporting
>mind reading
>future sight
>confusion
There's not a single reason why psychic types shouldn't body every other type. The anime writers simply started ignoring how op these abilities when it's convenient for them.

Gen 2 unironically ruined everything with its flavorless counters. Steel resisting psychic makes no sense when Alakazam and Twisted Spoon exist. And dark types being immune to telekinesis because they think mean thoughts or whatever is total bullshit.

>inb4 muh balance
The type chart was never meant to be balanced. Go play rock-paper-scissors if you want a balanced type chart.

Attached: 421.gif (540x403, 1.64M)

your retarded

I do agree. Also I always thought Psychic should get strongest special moves.
Psychic should get a boost that if its used by psychic type it always drops spdef and def.

Not an argument

Psychic does actually need a buff. People often complain about Grass and Ice being weak, but Psychic is unironically worse.

>Go play rock-paper-scissors if you want a balanced type chart.
>rock comes out at frame 1

Attached: p.jpg (865x658, 55.76K)

This.

Attached: 1231039.gif (600x334, 3.92M)

I always had the same thought about Steel, that Psychic has the association with twisting spoons and Mewtwo and other telekinetic users can just move Steel-types (and steel in general) with their mind along with everything else, so it didn't make sense where the resist came from.
As for Dark, I can overlook the immunity as a special property of the Pokemon, with their demeanors just being a trend among them, like a side effect or whatever.

You're*
Calling someone a retard doesn't work when you don't know basic grammar. It also doesn't contribute anything at all for discussion. You just made yourself look dumb and have nothing to show for it.

Why is Dark's "mean thoughts" bullshit? I think it makes sense. If you're mind reading and it is ugly inside that mind, you would recoil out of that mind. How have the anime writers started to nerf psychic-types? I don't watch the show anymore.

Psychic with STAB is good enough. 90 base 100 accuracy and drops spdef with a 10% chance. It doesn't need the further buff of always dropping spdef and def. It has a 10% chance of dropping spdef as is.

Psychic is overrated.

Why did they define lorelei's ass so much here?

for the assquake moment when lapras hit the ground

Lorelei's ass SHOULD be weak to my cock!

>alakazam casually chilling upside down while he dabs on lapras
what a beast

>rock paper scissors
Rock is tier 1, it comes out frame 0 and thus cannot be reacted to.
Paper is tier 2 because it beats rock and comes out slower.
Scissors is tier 3 because it only beats the tier 2 paper, loses to the tier 1 rock and is tied with paper for slowest.

>If you're mind reading and it is ugly inside that mind, you would recoil out of that mind.
OP is talking about telekinesis, not mind reading.

If the anime DIDN'T ignore how overpowered psychics are, every battle against a Psychic type would be like the gym battle against Sabrina.

But underlying problem (Psychic Pokemon can only lose through plot-induced stupidity) still persists

>How have the anime writers started to nerf psychic-types? I don't watch the show anymore.

They're still as broken as ever in theory, but the characters are too dumb to use them to full their potential. They'll use Psychic/Confusion (unblockable telekinesis) maybe once or twice, but then suddenly stopping using it because plot.

Psychic, Dragon, and Ghost should all have been treated as god tier powerful types with very few mons being introduced to them every gen.

Lorelei's thick ass

The move Psychic should just be interpreted as mindfucking the opponent and giving them brain damage. It makes no sense for it to just be telepathically slamming the foe into the ground. There's barely anything psychic about that.