Is this a good financial investment?

Is this a good financial investment?

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 1.46.31 PM.png (669x603, 497.79K)

if you live in a college town and can park it near campus, yes. Otherwise no

fuck pizza you wanna know the next big food truck thing?

>nuggets
but not just any old nuggets, you offer variety of meats & spices. and give it to the bitches in a wicker basket

bitches love wicker baskets

i like this idea

anyways it all depends on the laws and regulations and zoning in your area. you know you can't just set it up wherever, the are usually only a few licensed locations in the city that you're allowed to set up at and the competition can be fierce. it could cost a million dollars just to roll a hotdog cart into a designated location. it could be pizza isn't cleared by the red tape and you're only allowed hotdogs unless at designated festivals or whatever the fuck the arbitary rules are

I figure it's better than a brick and mortar, and I currently run a booth at the farmers markets selling produce and want to expand. This would give me the opportunity to turn extra tomaters into a higher margin product, and I could just show up to high foot traffic things when I want (big events, catering, farmers markets, etc).

I was thinking I'd have a simple menu of pizza and maybe wings, so sort of along the same lines. I love pizza and wings.

>$27k
LMAOOO

is there any freedom where you live? or do you live in a nanny state like ontario where small business is crushed by bureaucrat control freaks who live to create petty rules for bullshit reasons just to justify their lust for domination

>but we need rules
yes yes, but in moderation

At an average cost of $8 a pizza, you would need to sell 3,437.5 pizzas to break even. This excludes other costs. That would equate to just under 10 pizzas a day. Very profitable if you did it for a few years I would say. (Note: you also boost sales with fries and soda).

>anyways it all depends on the laws and regulations and zoning in your area.
My state (OR) has special laws for these types of units, not food trucks but mobile food units as in trailers, booths etc. They even use mobile pizza ovens as an example in it, so I think it'll work. It requires the food prep to be done in a licensed commercial ktichen though of course, and just made on the spot. So I'd be prepping dough and such in a commissary kitchen. Ideally though eventually I'd build my own at my house.

Of course before plopping down cash I'd contact the state and such as much as necessary to be 100% sure.

Yeah I'd probably build my own, that price is insane. But I like the look of that one over pic rel style. IDK fully enclosed looks a lot more professional to me and easier to manage.

Attached: isabellas-wood-fire-oven-catering3.jpg (700x450, 117.4K)

i tried to make a post about pizza and wings being available anywhere but i got spam blocked on that for some reason. you can get it on any street corner, hundreds and hundreds of pizza and wing places in every city. at one point does it become oversaturated? probably not. i'd want to do something unique but then playing it safe and just giving the people yet another option for pizza and wings is probably the safe bet.

Like restaurants, only about 20% of food trucks are actually profitable, either you're a good businessman/chef or you offer something truely unique. Pizza dough also requires a lot of water, so you'll be carrying tanks of water around or you're preparing your dough at home.

Don't worry about looking professional, it's food truck pizza. Smaller trailers are easier to drive with, you'll need a truck/van for tables, tent, coolers.

I was thinking I could DIY and bring the cost down to around $10-20k, but I'm not anywhere near actually spec'ing out a build yet. I have a friend of a friend who owns one of these but is too fat and unhealthy to use it, so for the first year I was planning on renting his out as a pilot project.

But yeah, I think I could sell at least 100 pizzas a week during spring-summer. I figure sell for around $12 and profit $8 or so. It seems like it could be very profitable, and easy to hire out for so I could focus on watching anime. Plus, I could work when I want since I wouldn't be paying rent.

yeah sounds cool. i'd like to do this as well but i already know the rules and nonsense where i live will do its best to prevent me from ever doing anything. can't have the peasants going wild and opening up food carts all over the place, it would be chaos!

> I think I could sell at least 100 pizzas a week during spring-summer.

And what are you basing that on? You have 0 experience

>hundreds and hundreds of pizza and wing places in every city. at one point does it become oversaturated? probably not. i'd want to do something unique but then playing it safe and just giving the people yet another option for pizza and wings is probably the safe bet.
In my area, there's surprisingly few of these type of joints, and I've never seen a single one at a farmers market, which is weird because pizza is such an agreeable food. I was also thinking about pic rel, since it's so easy and high margin. Just fry dough and add the syrups. But I don't like sweets so much, and the pizza let's me put some of my own produce to use.

Attached: index.jpg (168x300, 11.61K)

>And what are you basing that on? You have 0 experience
I have experience selling stuff at markets (produce, baked goods) and watching what others sell and how much traffic they get. Hot food vendors KILL it. 5 markets (or other events) a week, 20 pizzas per market is entirely reasonable, and bad days can be supplemented with catering events and the like, or working extra markets / double days.

Yeah my state is fortunately one of the most favorable toward small farmers and food businesses. I'd rather be in a different industry, since food is competitive, but it was easy to get into as a poorfag.

There's a lot of ways you can do it, pizza is one example. Coffee is even better.. I know a guy who has a van and the back of it is kitted out with coffee machines (espresso type).. He drives the van around to busy areas and even peoples work places and just sells coffee and snacks, makes very good money. He's now got two vans.

thanks

So not pizza basically

>mobile food trailer
Maybe check your local laws or get an attorney consultation (generally free)
$27.5k is no joke
>inb4 poor
Pot calling the kettle nigger

>Like restaurants, only about 20% of food trucks are actually profitable, either you're a good businessman/chef or you offer something truely unique.
Pizza is one of the most profitable, and all the markets I've been to, with the exception of one, have no pizza options, and no artisanal pizza nearby. I have two edges I think will help be profitable, and that's that I will be growing my own tomatoes, peppers, basil and mushrooms as much as possible, and that I have an industrial beer/kombucha/tea maker so I can make my own teas and kombucha in house (provided I can clear the red tape), and beverages are famous for being high margin to begin with.

That said, I plan on renting the trailer the first year to try out the idea with minimal risk.

>Don't worry about looking professional, it's food truck pizza. Smaller trailers are easier to drive with, you'll need a truck/van for tables, tent, coolers.
Well cool, cuz that's what I'll be starting with if/when I rent the friends trailer.

call it the "Nuggers Truck" plz

>artisanal pizza
>anal
You may have found a good niche to tap there. Get a nice arse fucking with every pizza.

Make sure you ask the guy why he’s selling his trailer. He probably won’t answer your question truthfully but he likely has the same idea that didn’t pan out, hence why he has to sell the trailer

Yeah no experience in selling pizza directly, but what's your point? I feel I can estimate how it'd sell accurately enough for this purpose.

Nice, yeah I was rolling over a few options like the donut cart paired with coffee too. But the pizza idea sits best with me, and I think works best with everything else I can offer (that being local produce and in-house beverages).

>Maybe check your local laws or get an attorney consultation (generally free)
I will for sure, I'll be renting a friends setup if/when I do this for the first year.

>didn't pan out
lol nice one

This guys on the east coast, totally opposite of me but I was thinking about asking anyway. I'm not looking to buy his, but would certainly do tons of questioning before spending serious money.

kek

Checked

Attached: E1C9FCFE-0786-4A73-9E2A-A1B441559258.jpg (800x781, 118.6K)

>I have no experience making pizza and selling it
>I am going to drop 27k on towing a trailer, and even more money on permits and strain on my vehicles engine to sell pizza

Think about it

I do like the pizza idea if I'm honest, also a stonebaked pizza cooked fresh is really good, million times better than goyslop outlets. Also pizza is versatile so you could cater for anyone's requirements quite easily.

i am not sure my upmarket clients will appreciate that name sir

>Cum id
kek this thread