How do you decide which pokemon you use?

Attached: Poke.jpg (279x180, 14.5K)

If it looks cool and isn't a shillmon, coomerbait, or furrybait, I'll use it.

Autism

Mostly just use new mons or use mons i never used in a playthrough. And sometimes i just use it if i grow on it.

Each time a new game is released, I try using Pokémon I haven't used previously. I also try not to repeat types in my party. Also the looks must appeal to me and I almost never pick mons with shitty stats.

Basically, this.

Generally pokemon I like, a preference for new mons or ones I haven't used, and try not to have overlapping types.

Basically this, though sometimes I do a theme team.

>color
I like make a crew like a sentai group based on color

>body plan
I dont repeat mons with same body plan

I try to use new pokemon of the generation, but sometimes I ended putting there someone from the old ones, but If I do so I try to add someone that didn't used in past games even if existed.

I trend to pick physical sweepers that look someway agile but thats just because its what I like and some pokemon special type that would totally look like special types. Its a weird comparation but I look my warriors look as warriors and my mages look as mages.

I also never bring bulky big pokemon because simply dont like them aesthetically most part of the time

Attached: FTrom7-UsAATEs2.jpg (1024x637, 110.62K)

Every Gen I try to do two things.
>only use new mons introduced that gen
>if I like it's design

I remember when we used to plan our teams before releasing the game because we knew enough pokemon to do it.

Right now its fucking impossible because we now like a total of 5 pokemon outside the starters

Depends on how much a vibe with it

Imagine buying a version and finding out later the mon you want is on the opposite one

I suppose its a bit easier now with the internet you could just ask someone if they want to trade version exclusives especially at launch

If I Like it aesthetically I’ll use it during the story but if it sucks it'll get benched after the elite 4

>I like make a crew like a sentai group based on color
dangerously based

For just about any mon i look at
>Is it cool
>is it actually usable
it has to fit both these parameters

So you don't use any Pokemon

go in blind with a starter i like based on its first form, spoil myself on version exclusives (might not have to these days) then just evolve dudes and cycle things around until it seems right.
i tend to shy away from shillmons unless they click with me, not because i dislike them but because i usually see enough of them out of game anyways.
i like big fish, too.

Personal cool factor

That arceus typhlosion looks so scummy and cool. One of my favorites looking mons.

We haven't seen its SV iteration but if they don't change it or give it a good ability it's literally going to be worse than regular typhlosion which would be a bummer