Masters is finally giving us the dream match

So how out dated is this meme?

Attached: 9B5CEBF1-EB96-48D8-B909-305B47ADBA21.jpg (536x606, 78.78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=trZly6gn6_I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's not. Red lore is that he is the best.

>Ash is a top-tier trainer in every region, and now almost world champion tier
>Red has never won a battle in game canon since he beat Lance in bumfuck Kanto
Red worship is so retarded. He exists at this point solely to job to all the newer protagonists

Ash >= Cynthia > Red

Red's a strong trainer lore wise, but he's obviously not the undisputed best. He gets beaten every now and then and nobody is ever really shocked by it.

That meme was outdated right at its creation. It's like the fanbase collectively got a brain virus and thought the plank of wood on the left was some amazing character. Red's pokemon don't even have a personality. Origins is known for dicksucking Charizard yet Ash's Charizard has far more personality.

This is a line from Pokémon Masters

Attached: E621AD01-095F-4F80-9A21-EBB7EC5B46B0.png (1242x2688, 239.96K)

Ash destroys Red unironically
youtube.com/watch?v=trZly6gn6_I

>this is a line from a non-canon spinoff

The events are non-canon but the characters and their characterization are pulled right out of their bible.

>paulo

well thats cool. will they do gary vs blue too?

Pokemon Masters leans into the worst parts of Red fandom to the point of being cringy.

No, the mc's personalities, histories and feats are all DeNA's inventions since they're all interchangable blank slates in the games.

the ash-points were already stupid when it was made
>Hasn't caught them all...
look at what pm19 does nowadays. go throws balls at everything and you don't see anything afterwards in use. meanwhile ash's pokémon (or even team rocket ones), there's at least some kind of bond. you can't sell merch with that mentality
>Can't get rid of Team Rocket...
they "were" the comedic relief characters, so obviously that they stay
>Wanted to be the greatest...
implying they ever gave a definition of the requirements, let alone nowadays. orange league champ, alola champ, beating the battle frontier... didn't change shit. but hey that would pretty much a show stopper, so they keep it as vague/endless as possible

>look at what pm19 does nowadays. go throws balls at everything and you don't see anything afterwards in use. meanwhile ash's pokémon (or even team rocket ones), there's at least some kind of bond. you can't sell merch with that mentality
That picture is based on Origins, which just had Red catch em all offscreen and say he did afterwards. That's all it takes for a character to be good, apparently.

>canonically still the only trainer who has defeated Red at his prime, making him the strongest trainer in history

Attached: GS_P.png (291x561, 59.79K)

>Masters just pretends it didn't happen because they gotta dicksuck Red

i don't play gacha scam, especially if it's coomer trash

who wins in the game?

Extra bosses are never canon in any video game.

It's a promo trailer for an upcoming event.

Masters has dialogue where LYRA talks about meeting Red once, even though everything else in the game makes it clear Ethan is the HGSS mc and Lyra is the npc.

They won't face each other, it's just promotion bullshit
Anime characters don't interact with actual pokemon game characters in Masters
>non-canon
just like the anime

>Seems like even if you become a great Trainer, there’ll always be people wanting to challenge you. Red always gets challenged to Pokémon battles. Sometimes I think I’m a little jealous of him. If you’re always battling, then there’s no time to play!
>Since we’re on the topic, maybe I should challenge Red, too. We battled before, but was it really a great battle?

And also

>Hey, so what’s your relationship with Red like? Oh, that was out of the blue, wasn’t it? I don’t mean anything weird! There’s something about you that reminds me of Red, but I can’t quite put my finger on it... Maybe it’s how seriously you take battles or the way you refuse to lose. It could also be the way you interact with your Pokémon. You really cherish your Pokémon, don’t you?
>I think you can definitely get as strong as Red! I guarantee it!