Why is everything an "engineer" job now?

Why is everything an "engineer" job now?

Did it start from software devs calling themselves engineers and grew cancerous from there or is it recent globohomo bullshit?

Attached: Sales %22%22%22%22%22%22%22%22%22%22%22Engineer%22%22%22%22%22%22%22%22%22%22%22%22%22%22%22%22%22%22%22%22%22%22%22%22%22%22.png (604x344, 50.62K)

to make people feel better about their shitty jobs

Sales engineers are salespeople specifically for highly technical products that engineers would use. The title can be a bit misleading, but sometimes they do have an engineering background.

Software engineering is more abused as a term. There are software roles that require an engineering background, but most people who call themselves software engineers are not.

You're thinking engineering software.

This. My firm calls the janitors "sanitation engineers" just so they feel good about it. Every normoid still thinks of engineering as some prestigious unobtainable thing when in reality it's just a person who had no social life in college.

t. mechanical engineer

>BET FR PEL
you bet, fr fr

Its based, im an engineer engineer (engineer teacher).

Sanitation Engineer existed as a term long before software was even a thing.

Not sure why you would say that. Engineering refers "The application of scientific and mathematical principles to practical ends such as the design, manufacture, and operation of efficient and economical structures, machines, processes, and systems." That's exactly what a lot of software engineers do. I have no idea how you can be a "sales engineer" though.

Tell me about it. Fucking everything is an 'analyst' job despite not really being true analysis. Job series should be standardized. In general I find the whole entire hiring process lacks standards of all kinds, it's pretty fucking embarrassing.

>T. Operations Research Analyst (an actual Applied Math Field)

Technical sales often involves doing engineering work to find something that fits a customers needs. Think of the software design process with a customer who doesn’t have any programmers and only has retarded end users. That doesn’t work well, and neither does sales of expensive machinery if you do something dumb like ask factory workers what specs they need for a piece of machinery instead of engineers.

Also, software engineering is a meme because unless you’re working on space shuttle code (you’re not) you can’t mathematically prove your software does what it’s supposed to do, and nothing else. It’s more akin to guesswork or artistry than engineering.

>Did it start from software devs calling themselves engineers and grew cancerous from there
Yes

Checked, conversation engineer

The same reason we call women adults or humans. Narcissistic parasites don’t like being called what they are but rather want to larp as [good thing]

>hes not VP executive sales marketing engineer advertisement division manager of public and human resources staff

NGMI gotta add more titles to your title of your title job description or you will live in the pod

Sigh...
Do Americans really...

Algorithms that work on big data most certainly are proven by mathematics

software engineers aren't real engineers. sales engineers are as much engineers as software engineers.

It reminds me of how “technician” became attached to every job title about 20 years ago. Oh you aren’t a car wash boy anymore, you are a Lot Tech!

t. Geospatial Analyst that has to think of a new job title cause that’s what they call entry level GIS monkeys now.

More or less it was this during the 90s but it really didn't take off until the 00s. Mechanics became "Automotive engineers" and Janitors became "Sanitation Engineers"

It was all globohomo shit to rebrand low end jobs so credential inflation wasn't so obvious and the college degree scam could continue.

My son is a Cryptocurrency Engineer, or as we like to call the lad, a Bitcoineer!! I could not be any more proud. I do not know how he does it, but he has a lot of money and even bought the old man a sweet cigar box guitar! I love you son.

Attached: pnh60j2a1pa51.jpg (3024x4032, 794.36K)